Unity - Abandoned - Cum Evil [v0.1.1] [Particle Zap]

1. 1.00 star(s)

AlphaBravoCharlieDelta

Okay, this game is bad in every sense of the word. The fact that a Patreon was put up for it in the current state it was in appalls me.

I did not even finish this game, the reason being from my eyes hurting. The game is set in a spooky night time setting, which wouldn't be bad if it wasn't to cover up the fact that the game has little graphics to speak of. Though that wasn't even what had my eyes wishing I could dull the pain by rubbing sand into them. The flashlight you're forced to use since everything is dark, jitters, flashing in ways that make it hard to see anything. Even if that wasn't a problem it is fixed to the character's body. Making it sway and bob when walking or moving at all.

I recommend finding the lighting bug and making the flashlight follow the camera to avoid motion sickness and eye strain.

The next largest issue is the lack of visual settings, the game fit itself to my screen but I wasn't able to adjust any settings. Which may or may not have attributed to my screen tearing constantly, which coupled with the lighting bugs mentioned prior made me motion sick. I also encountered a low frame rate, regardless of my rather powerful computer.

I recommend adding the options to tweak or use vsync and aspect ratio, including a full screen or windowed option at the very least.

My last grudge is with the games UI, the quest window receives a pass. But there is nothing indicating when you can interact with something or talk with someone. I also on the first night had no idea which direction or building I was supposed to find for food which was answered by a glowing ring outside what I thought was a storefront. Which to my dismay showed that I couldn't actually enter other buildings to search them.

May I suggest a pop up that shows you can interact with objects and people as well as markers for objectives.

Other than the shooting feeling a bit clunky with the zombies the game had no other issues that screamed out, this game just needs a lot more TLC and polish before it'll go anywhere on Patreon.