hp3012

Aug 25, 2017
Getting a NameError: global name 'Time' not defined whenever I finish the island event for the first time. Happens once, can ignore it after two tries, then later when everyone is sitting down talking. Cant ignore out of that one.

I've found the _time_handler.rpy file and see that the Time class is indeed defined and it's being used throughout other Time changing events. For some reason, however, some files in /events/e070 can't find the definition.

Traceback:
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/events/e070/e070_first_time_yacht2.rpy", line 11, in script
$ e070.update_yacht()
File "E:\Users\REDACTED\CureMyAddiction-0.6.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Users\REDACTED\CureMyAddiction-0.6.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/events/e070/e070_first_time_yacht2.rpy", line 11, in <module>
$ e070.update_yacht()
File "game/scripts/events/e070/e070_vars_triggers.rpy", line 75, in update_yacht
Time.hour = 17
NameError: global name 'Time' is not defined

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Getting a NameError: global name 'Time' not defined whenever I finish the island event for the first time. Happens once, can ignore it after two tries, then later when everyone is sitting down talking. Cant ignore out of that one.

I've found the _time_handler.rpy file and see that the Time class is indeed defined and it's being used throughout other Time changing events. For some reason, however, some files in /events/e070 can't find the definition.

Traceback:

Full traceback:
$ e070.update_yacht()
File "E:\Users\REDACTED\CureMyAddiction-0.6.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
File "E:\Users\REDACTED\CureMyAddiction-0.6.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/scripts/events/e070/e070_first_time_yacht2.rpy", line 11, in <module>
$ e070.update_yacht()
File "game/scripts/events/e070/e070_vars_triggers.rpy", line 75, in update_yacht
Time.hour = 17
could you upload you save here please ?

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Cure My Addiction v0.6.4.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: E One Above All

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
The changelog for 0.6 is available on Patreon.
For those who haven't looked yet, here it is, with a few words from @TheGary :

Since last September, when I released the first beta, I learned a lot and improved a lot too and it forced me to take a hard decision in the game design.
As a result, I choose to split the 0.4 and earlier content from the reworked yacht. The new yacht might feel a little empty for now but I'll make it right in 0.7 by adding as much content as I can!
0.6:
  • Significantly improved render quality
  • Reworked all locations but three (they will be ready for 0.7)
  • Lots of new idles (more will be added with 0.7)
  • Around 200 new images
  • 1 New event about Susan
  • 1 New event about Rachel
  • 1 New event with Emily
  • New exhibition level for all the girls. New outfits to go with it.
  • Handled the island trip departure and arrival.
  • New progression window.
  • New dialogue mechanics.
  • Reworked the code to isolate old obsolete code completely from the new one (It lifts some restrictions I had before, it will be easier to add new things).
  • Added a 'Relive the past' dream menu, you'll be able to play previous content when using it.
  • Added a cheat menu when dreaming about the past.
CMA v0.6 looks like a new game.

To complete or replay old events from 0.4.3, the player now has to use the dream menu at night and play through a whole day and then use the dream menu to return. This is cumbersome compared with just playing 0.5.3 until the yacht is at 100%. (To access the Island, players must have almost 100% at the yacht anyway.)
(In current version, there is also a bug with the new Cheat Commands covering the buttons to access the old progress screen, so it would be hard to complete missing stars without being able to see what is missing anyway.)

I don't know what is planned for 0.7 but the new style looks like a complete new game, I even missed the Character Overview, so no Corruption and Exhibition Level or Kinks for the girls at the moment. All unlocked daily opportunities with the girls are gone. The progress screen is new.

@TheGary + patrons -> Did you consider to do a real split here, into 2 separate games?

- Rename CMA content v0.4.3 into "CMA Chapter 1", so CMA v0.5.3 with the Island as teaser would be the final stand-alone version for "CMA Chapter 1". Maybe add a readme.txt explaining what's in this chapter and what to expect in the next, so players don't look for stuff like Corruption Level 2 in chapter 1. In a final update you could add the cheat menu as a bonus unlocked when reaching 100% in chores and yacht.

- "CMA Chapter 2" would be a separate game and start at the Island and continue on the new yacht with more new content to come. All 0.4.3 content would be removed. No savegames from previous content would be required. The player has to go through the Island multiple times anyway to see the different outcomes/consequences on the yacht.

This would allow to remove lots of old code and old content from the current version and concentrate on the new style and new content. Download size and save game size would go down significantly since most of the 0.4.3 content would no longer have to be in the new archive. No need to keep save games compatible with older versions. No danger that new code will break something in the old game.

Last edited:
Reactions: poser707

TheGary

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018

Traceback:

Full traceback:
$ e070.update_yacht()
$ e070.update_yacht()
Time.hour = 17
Confirmed. I'm working on a fix.

Thargor

Jul 14, 2018
Is there a way to play through the old achievments after "the island" ? When i am in "relive the past" in cause of the cheat menu i am not able to review the progression and i hadnt finished all achievments.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Is there a way to play through the old achievments after "the island" ? When i am in "relive the past" in cause of the cheat menu i am not able to review the progression and i hadnt finished all achievments.
Check out the fix 2 posts above yours.

Reactions: Thargor
3.80 star(s) 123 Votes