Currious who might be interested in something like this

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Yea, I know I am outing myself with this.

So working on a project that would allow me to create a large scale RPG VN mix. The truth is I can go 2D or 3D with it. It's my own engine.
Think large scale maps planet size, with potentially massive dungeons that can be generated on the fly.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This method can be used to create 2D and 3D dungeons however I haven't published the code I developed to do it so fast.
I don't think it is necessary every dungeon be this large. It is simply a demonstration of ability. In truth I could do that per each CPU core and then combine them together and make it much larger. That is what I did with a 3ghz core and single thread. Yes, there is a hell of a lot of optimization done.

I created this extremely simple visual novel engine that uses XML scripting
The VN game engine is extremely simple. I was consider combining the all this along with an modifiable behavior AI for controlling NPCs and characters. Modify the Visual novel engine to a state based control system for directing the story vs just scene based that ways scenes and dialog can be separated and easier to keep track of and control. It also means actions and sequences can be made more easily repeatable and use for different locations and more. It would allow for more dynamic and complex character interaction that is easier to trouble shoot than running through a long dialog trying to keep track of variables.

It also would mean that every aspect of the system would have to be used. For example if someone wanted to purely use the visual novel portion of it that would be possible. However, if they wanted to create an RPG with cut scenes for events and other stuff that would also be possible. Unlike with with RPG maker combat could be realtime or turn based and the Player wouldn't need to remain frozen while NPCs move around. Don't get me wrong I'm like their product they.

I also can have it build smaller maps or even add in stuff like procedural towns and roads along with NPCs to the point of even setting up personality traits.

Also would anyone be interested if I put out a large scale RPG or multiplayer game on this scale.
Right now the engine uses SDL2, GLEW, and opengl 3.3->4.5
I'm using the mingw64 compiler which means very little change is needed in porting to Linux.

So if you would just be interested in seeing the game of this nature at some point or just have an interest in the engine I'd like to hear.
thanks.

Reactions: hiya02