Ren'Py - Cursed Overlord [v1.10 AD] [King's Turtle]

1. 1.00 star(s)

harrymanson007

Terrible, unbalanced gameplay, uneven difficulties and unimpressive graphics, many bugs and it is incomplete in the options of the blacksmith's daughter and to make matters worse you die and lose your maidens.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

teletube

Not bad.

Initially quite fun.
    Girls are beautiful.
    Art is a bit primitive overall.
    Multiple interesting mechanics are featured, although mostly cluncky.
    There is an open world, you can explore it, so that's good.
    Plenty of events.
    There is a nice amount of content, even though I still found some places where it just ended with 'in development' statement.

Gameplay loop becomes boring quickly.
    It feels grindy and not really rewarding.
    Overall implementation is janky and amateurish.
    Objects on the map aren't highlighted, so its hard to navigate on where you need to go initially.
    Curse sucks!

I have mixed feelings - 6/10.
    I couldn't really finish it cause grind quickly outweighed the interest build up for me.
    Overall idea is good, but game lacks polishing (a lot of polishing that is).
    Current mechanics could be extended and make the game truly good or even great, but I don't expect it'll happen, cause game is already v1.04.
    So it is what it is.

(Game is in v1.04 during this review)
  3. 1.00 star(s)

KhaiFirst

Game Story is typical Isekai but twist is CURSED !NO choice all story lay out straight forward... a name only " OVERLORD " add cursed just to Fuk with player.. why not change title too Clown class gone isekai must be good" NO choice! so yes mc is Cursed! and full version is behind paywall

My opinion : this is Game if you made Isekai Game NOT to do... no choice demon lord but FORCE down throat with giant DILDO!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Krusher87

TL;DR: This is a story game before an H game with an ending that frankly isn't good. It is a very grindy game and there are some bugs that can prevent you from having all of the girls before the ending where the game kills a lot of them off without any input from you.

H Scenes: They're fairly basic. One scene per girl, and six conditioning scenes for the two captured daughters. It is the bare minimum of animation where instead of new drawings that actually show the scene, it's just the still image of a girl having a png of a cock inserted into her.
    (There's also no gallery so you need to save before the finale. Oh and one of the girls can die if you don't give up a level in health that you either grinded for or spent a fortune on.)

Exploration/Gameplay: It sucks. The food is based on time so you can't be sitting and thinking about you decisions for a while. Starvation also immediately kills you so it's not just something that drains your hp. The curse is a pushover if you're using the food/sleep strategy or the second coming of the music box from FNAF 2. You need to run back to have a quickie or else you're wasting money or straight up dead. The random encounters are everywhere and the game lacks a repel from Pokémon so you're constantly harassed by weaklings. Oh and the game doesn't tell you this, but the ice princess tower is the one that you want to recruit first or else you won't be able to later on in some playthroughs. I don't know what causes it, but I had to redo my playthrough to get her and I right before attacking the king.

Battle: It's passable. I started off with the full version with the codes so the only thing I did was complete side-quests, capture towns, and slept for 30 days to get the gold and buy OP gear. It's boring, but it's a turn based battler where items don't take a turn so all you need is a lot of money and you win.

(Side note, you only need the power stat to equip the weapons, not wield them. I got a 36 in power, equipped the flaming swords, and went to the tree to directly turn it into gold. Additionally, you can gain over your maximum hp by eating in the tavern or sleeping in your bed.)

Story: The beginning is bland and the ending is bad. It's an Isekai where you become the dark lord and you worship Bahamut. Also every human hates you. Why? Because you're the dark lord! And it is not elaborated further except that they think that you'll kill all humans. Then you go around getting princesses to join your harem, but then during the last act, most of your harem dies trying to protect you and you can't do anything to stop it. Then you die.

I understand wanting an interesting story, but what was the point of that? It left me feeling empty about the ending because in my eyes, it was out of our control. We can win every battle except when the game decides that we can't which takes the drama out of the ending and replaces it with frustration.
    No H scenes at the end, no gallery, and the ones who you care about are dead because the game took away your control.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

NitroxDarks

Though I can't say that the erotic parts are bad, I only felt that it was actually, genuinely sexual in the 'ntr' scene with that plant and like those where thing just go on instead of a moving image with the option to push a button to speed it up (ty for that phew). And tbh, the eroticism simply became forced because I just wanted to get money and my army built up once again but I can only remember annoyingly finding a girl to deal with the curse most of the game.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Mike17723

Clearly the authors are a lot more skilled in making point and click adventures than interesting turn-based combat, or H-scenes. The H-scenes are kinda dull, not to mention that until you get rid of the curse you gotta rush to fuck someone once every X days just to survive.

Normally I would rate this a 1/5, but the sense of exploration and the interesting dialogue and the interesting plot twists convinced me that this is a 3/5.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Turtleee22

Well it's a decent game, with a few good ideas. Clunky mechanics and a dramatic storyline. Not enough polish and sex scenes. Hunger mechanic can be pretty challenging but manageable. So again it's a decent game. Hoping that part 2 is gonna be better
  8. 3.00 star(s)

rance4747

I cant say that its terrible, but the game is way too focused on drama and killing off your harem GoT style and despite the implications made, the ammount of actual hentai is lacking.

Most girls save for the main one and the only two that actually end up in your dungeon, have exactly one sex scene, and there will be no one added past the Emperor's daughters that began the slaughter of your harem with demon maids, soo... temper your expectations and also dont bother getting max relationships, in most cases it just means second attacks that eats mana two times as fast with one some 10%-30% damage buff.

P.s. final battle doesnt rewards you with any sex scenes and its way easier than the rest of the game. So dont bother grinding for it. Also, ignore the suggestions from the game for recruting an army prior to final battle starts. Troops are 50% cheaper during final arc, and gold and lockpics is the only thing that survives inventory purge that happens juat before you must face the eimpire, so dont keep any potions, healthkits, or bother to buy best armor.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

ECCwnere

Review V0.35

Game is okay if you are playing with the Code and Bonus.

I read the forum and maxed agility into strength. Seemed decent. This game does need a wiki but the essence of a good game is there. It's just not very clear what we're suppose to be doing, the quests don't really help or lead you anywhere and I think without some helpful comments in here I would have had a rougher experience. Once you get going and can deal with the QTE (which I personally think CAN be fine, it maybe need to be tone down a "little bit" or at least some setting choices for people that don't want to deal with it but doing stuff in the game was okay. I still haven't figured out how to get golbin warriors though, hear the trainer appears in the tavern but I haven't seen it. After playing the game, I would check out an update so that's as good of a recommendation I can give. It does need some polish on things and things are just not very clear. I don't usually give out poor reviews but I think the potential is there.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

drakefyre27

This game is just not worth it... by the time you get to have sex scenes with girls other than Ishet, the game probably already frustrated you enough to make you not enjoy the sex scenes, or outright bored because the game forces you to do it every now and then with the available girls you have.

The MAIN difficulty of the game comes in how broken the game is, especially those QTE's which have to be debugged in order to progress. They're incredibly hard, punishing and... broken... as in your input doesn't register most of the time. Imagine a game like Dark Souls, and adding bugs and impossible QTE's that kills you.

Essentially, the only way to "git gud" at this game is by debugging it. Something that was most likely overlooked.

Developper's vision is far from ideal for an H game.

1/10 Couldn't even work up a boner.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Xavim

QTE events that will lead you to die.

A game dev who does not offer help and just tells people that they don't understand the game, did not want to understand it or did not do the prologue when asking for help or giving feedback.

A game dev who points to the paid Patreon for any ideas or suggestions from the post history.

Also note that the game is more of a demo as the base game costs and it does have IAPas well for two different levels to get rewards from the Patreon.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

mrttao

v0.18
    +good looking girls
    -pre alpha broken mess.
    -grindy
    -pay IRL money for less grind

payment scheme:
    6$ = game (base game is not free).
    12$ = game + 1 girl + good farming zone. +15% gold/XP
    18$ = game + 2 girl + good farming zone. +30% gold/XP
  13. 2.00 star(s)

ThompsonBalo

The concept and art is nice but the game is so broken right now that there isn`t really any reason to play it at the moment! I acknowledge that it is just Version 0.1 and therefore in a very early state and obviously rough but honestly, the game is in a state where it shouldn`t have been released at all, not even as a 0.1 version. There is no real reason to bring out an unplayable game even as a 0.1 version. The game literally crashes on most locations if you just click on them, the other 30% is not available and 5% where you can do "something".

Even then you will just die in combat so many times till you run out of healing potions or you will just starve to death because the whole economy system and fights are totally unbalanced right now and there is currently no real way to get a stable supply of potions or food. Therefore you are destined to get very early (less than an hour) to a state where you just can`t continue playing at all.

For now it gets 2 stars and only 2 stars because it is a 0.1 version otherwise you would need to give it 0. Review will be changed with later versions of the game and maybe it will become a 4 or 5 star game when it is finished. For now don`t waste your time downloading it and just set it onto your watchlist, then come back again in maybe 6-12 months.