RAGS Abandoned Cursed [v0.5.3.2] [Anonymousmangames]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Screenshot_14.png

Overview:
Cursed is a game I'm developing in RAGS, in an attempt to create a sort of life simulation in a limited engine. So, purposefully trying to stretch the limits of the engine, I guess.

The game more or less begins when you're changed into a woman for one year as punishment for your promiscuous ways, at which point you have to adapt and start a new life. Originally, the framing device was that you were changed into a woman and became pregnant, but I eventually decided that forcing that was kind of beside the point.

Cursed revolves around choices and consequences. It's obviously not a normal situation, so there's some fantastic elements. Most notably, your body is quite malleable, changing frequently from the actions you choose. You can get taller or shorter, thin, fat, buff, weak, change your breast and butt size, change your natural hair color, and more. There's also mental changes, as you have to contend with the fact that you're a woman. You might enjoy it, you might hate it. You might find that you're still attracted to women, or you might decide you like guys now. And so on.

Customization is the key. You can choose a variety of different clothing options, which will affect how you look. Are you working for a business firm? You probably want to avoid the slutty look and try for something more professional. Are you trying to seduce the married man at the bar? Apply some makeup, adjust your clothes for maximum arousal and go to town. But your choices change you. If you come to rely on a tactic too much, you might find benefits and drawbacks for doing so. Do you seduce and sleep with as many people as you can? Well, as a slut, you'll find that you're not as satisfied by sex anymore, meaning you have to do it more often to satisfy your arousal. Do you ignore your arousal as much as possible? You'll quickly become a prude, resulting in sex acts taking twice as long, but always being completely satisfying. And on and on. You play a certain way, and you'll notice the game plays you a certain way back.

So that's Cursed in a nutshell. Check the blog for more details​

Updated:17-04-18
Developer: Anonymousman Email
Censorship:
Version: v0.5.3.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
Win: - -
Others:

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_14.png Screenshot_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

sybreal

Aug 16, 2016
As far as I know this game has been abandoned. Its still a pretty decent game though.
Here is the wiki if anyone is interested:

Reactions: GAB

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
The text in the image doesn't really match the text below, oh and you're a woman now by the way.

Reila

Nov 13, 2017
I remember this one. If you can just get past the whole RAGS requirement, it's actually a really decent lifesim, very innovative for its time. A huge classic of the genre as far as ero-games goes.

Unfortunately, only FF content as far as I can recall.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Not only is it text only, it's RAGS. Because of the choice of engine, the game is incredibly laggy and, being one of the earlier life sims, it's incredibly "clicky." You'll be clicking the same stuff over and over again, hundreds or maybe thousands of times. You need to shower so now you need to click to go to the bathroom and click the shower. Not so bad, but now do it every day. You need to eat so you need to go to the kitchen and depending on the room you're in may be several clicks. As far as I know as well, there's no ending outside of some bad ends so you'll just be repeating actions every day in your apartment (did I mention most of the game is inside your apartment?) until you get sick of it or your save explodes.

Reactions: mrttao and Kazehana

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, only FF content as far as I can recall.
It was? I seem to remember getting guys drunk at the bar and taking advantage of them (or letting them take advantage). I am pretty confident that I remember the MC giving a dude a beej either in the bar bathroom or in an alley behind it. Maybe I'm conflating two RAGS games but I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm thinking of.

There were also exhibitionist mall scenes IIRC, and some exhibitionist scenes with a guy in the mall parking lot I think? You can also work as a stripper and essentially allow guys at the club to get away with more than they should (like sitting on a guys lap when delivering a drink for him, which leads to sex).

Really in depth life simulator for sure, but I am about 95% confident that there is a lot of male-female content.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood how M2F is such a big genre that the community keeps a website largely devoted to it alive.
Huh? You just contradicted yourself in one sentence. There is a community devoted to that particular kink. The people participating in that community create the content and share it. It's not really that surprising.

If I create an online community devoted entirely to the collection of antique wrist watches, would it then be surprising that people interested in antique wristwatches might create content (videos, articles, etc) about that topic? Niche communities exist all over the internet.

Rule 34, man.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I've never understood how M2F is such a big genre that the community keeps a website largely devoted to it alive.
I've wondered that myself.
Maybe "you're a dude that's transformed into a girl by magic/drugs/surgery" makes for better immersion than simply starting out as a woman. You know, for guys that actually fantasize about being female and don't just play those games to see the female protagonist get raped.

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
I've wondered that myself.
Maybe "you're a dude that's transformed into a girl by magic/drugs/surgery" makes for better immersion than simply starting out as a woman. You know, for guys that actually fantasize about being female and don't just play those games to see the female protagonist get raped.
male or female protags, neither one bothers me, but i despise female MCs who just get railroaded into bad decisions and idiocy... a prime example being Devins Life.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
Always wanted to get into this one, love life-sim type games but I really couldn't get over how much of a dumpster fire RAGS is. It makes RPGM feel enjoyable. I've played other games of the genre but cannot bring myself to use that platform. Would love to see this converted to a functional platform though.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
This is a great game. Found it fun to play as well. I haven't played it in a while cause he stopped updating.

xort

Jun 1, 2017
male or female protags, neither one bothers me, but i despise female MCs who just get railroaded into bad decisions and idiocy... a prime example being Devins Life.
The male to female change gives a reasonable explanation for some otherwise normal women becoming a turbo slut. From data on gay men we know that when given an equal sex drive in both partners of the sort men have you get men with thousands of lifetime sexual partners. That said any non body change/swap magic or science (fiction) can offer a reasonable justifications for a radical behavior change.

If you want to have a female character diverge from normal behavior without some fictional outside force like magic or SF drugs/mind control you need to push the character into unavoidable traps. Writing a convincing reason that holds up to normal real world logic isn't impossible, but it is unnecessary if the player will accept a much less realistic motivating force.

Example: Someone took a picture of me taking a piss. I can report this person to the police and allow our legal system to take action. Or I can suck this man's dick while he films me because he promised he wouldn't blackmail me with the new video and just wants it to jerk off with it in the future.

I know what option most players would select. If they did go to the police the police would be in on it too, so no way to dodge the railroad to narrative outcome town.

A "reasonable" example: A wife or girlfriend cheats on her partner because how dare he forgot what my birthstone is. You know women logic at it's finest.

Maybe the standard of writing is too low, but in some form women have been trading sex for material wealth, protection and/or social status for at least as long as we have historical records.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I have no idea if this works past the first few clicks, but in case anyone is interested here's a JavaScript version you can play in your browser instead of using the windows RAGS client:

More info on the JavaScript player

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
I want to like Cursed but RAGS is just such a mess of an engine. It's sort of like No Haven where it's a fine idea but RAGS itself cannot support something like it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote