Ren'Py - Abandoned - Daemons, Damsels & Mythical Milfs [v0.08] [Arioh Daerthe]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Krocx

Finally tried this game and was starting to really enjoy it by the end only to find out that is has been abandoned. It was nice to have a monstergirl game that actually has different colored skin as opposed to the usual just ears, horns and/or tails added to human skin colors.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Illuminati00

There is not a lot in the game yet so to rate it is not really fair.

The story is interesting and makes you want to follow for more. That said, the world seems barren. There are several characters and locations, but once you finish their quests there is nothing. An easy fix to make the world more active is to add short dialogue whenever you talk with an npc with no available quest. This would make the world feel alive and give them more character.

Another thing worth pointing out is the main character. The son of a noble who has been living in exile in an abandoned military bunker and a cold shack for quite some time. His mother dead, his father killed, his home gone, his race banned, everything was taken from him. But instead of growing hardened and vindictive by this, he is naïve and lax. He does not get very upset when people make fun of him and he doesn't seem to have too much pride. The character is very generic, a good tactic for self-insertion, some of the dialogue choices support this, but he, like so many other protagonists, lack likes and dislikes. He has not really gotten mad or offended at the teasing and belittling experiences he got due to being quite weak and also new in town. He has neither shown interest in anything special. His opinion on certain things can be chosen in dialogue, but they are few. I think it would improve him if more lasting personal questions could be chosen, whether to be nonchalant or vindictive, proud about his race and status or humble. This could add to the character. Nothing that would change much if anything in the story, but something that changes his response to certain things.

Too many interesting games are hard to play due to a weak willed or stupid protagonist. The protagonist in this game have all the reasons in the world to grow more dominant, I would love to see such development.

All in all, great story, interesting characters, improvable protagonist.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

mrttao

This game is pretty good.
    Plot is genuinely interesting, I actually like the characters and how they interact with each other and the MC.
    I did not find the sandbox to be onerous, which is a big plus.
    The GUI is well made and actually provides you with the info you need.
    Turtle god is best god.

I am looking forwards more of this. Normally I would not even try a game this early in development. But the dev actually finished their previous game, timeless island. And I mean actually finished not just called it finished. So that earned some trust from me.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Macgamer

First the art is ok at best. The story may turn out to be fine. The speech is total shit. You know whats worse then bad english? Someone trying to text accents. Totally crap. Next is the sandbox, I got part wat into the game and this complex system of opening this or that including puzzels was explained and deleted this dumpster fire. Hard pass on this game. Is not the first of this devs games I have played and I end up deleting them all.