Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Yeah. I'm really hoping that he reach the full-time goal so he can hire people to help him with the code (and the writing).
But 5k bucks...oh boy.
Yeah, it's a pretty high bar. Even higher considering he's on Subscribestar, which probably has a much lower backer base than Patreon. It is possible if the updates become more frequent, and there's more overall content, but dont see that happening anytime soon.
Yep, he needs to hire someone for the code ASAP, that's the only way to increase the income, because if the updates keeps taking so long so will do the money. And I'm pretty sure there are people that'll do it for free even.
Agreed that the updates need to be more frequent for more backers, but I don't think many people would be willing to do it for free, or even if that would be a good idea. Think about it, a guy steps in to do the coding for free, 2 months later he drops it, as there's really no incentive to do it, and now we're back to square 1, except Milda has no idea what's up with his game's code. I think the best we can hope for now is that Milda is learning, and will get better with time.

Mar 31, 2020
For all of you guys wanting more frequent updates and saying there needs to be more staff if you're not donating anything while asking for these things then you're doing absolutely nothing to help. A lot of people really like this game, but one developer with not that many supporters will get you a long development time. If you want to see faster updates then put your money where your mouth is. He allows commissioned scenes for 50 dollars which is a pretty good price considering the quality. But if you're not going to contribute then stop the whining.

Reactions: RebelZone

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
For all of you guys wanting more frequent updates and saying there needs to be more staff if you're not donating anything while asking for these things then you're doing absolutely nothing to help. A lot of people really like this game, but one developer with not that many supporters will get you a long development time. If you want to see faster updates then put your money where your mouth is. He allows commissioned scenes for 50 dollars which is a pretty good price considering the quality. But if you're not going to contribute then stop the whining.
Dude, you have to get your definitions of "whining" straight. Whining would be something like "where is the game?", "Milda is dragging to make more money", "Milda is scamming the donors" etc. Go to the Summertime Saga thread if you wanna see some actual whinning.
No one is making demands here, we're just pointing out that, to hit the 5k mark for full time, the game probably needs a faster release schedule. Besides, the time between updates right now probably has more to do with Mildas's experience than the money he's making. People are just having a civil discussion, so lower the pitchforks and chill out a little please.

Mar 31, 2020
Dude, you have to get your definitions of "whining" straight. Whining would be something like "where is the game?", "Milda is dragging to make more money", "Milda is scamming the donors" etc. Go to the Summertime Saga thread if you wanna see some actual whinning.
No one is making demands here, we're just pointing out that, to hit the 5k mark for full time, the game probably needs a faster release schedule. Besides, the time between updates right now probably has more to do with Mildas's experience than the money he's making. People are just having a civil discussion, so lower the pitchforks and chill out a little please.
And how do you suppose we get a faster release schedule? The idea of hiring more people requires money which is also required for the amount of effort someone wants to put into a project. If it's one dude working on a project making just about 500 a month then you're not going to be in a hurry to actually pump these things out. You can point these things out but if you want something to change then you've got to actually pitch in otherwise you've got to live with it.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Yep dude, nobody is throwing shit, we all saying that he should get someone else to do the code. We just pointing facts, the updates takes really long to drop, so putting a goal like 5k, it's pretty high. For a goal like that he should be dropping updates like every two months or an update with a lot of content and by now he's taking a lot of time for the quantity of content he adds. Of course, it's goddamn high tier quality game, but still, i won't take you straight to your goal.

And yes, i think this is related to the knowledge milda has about rpg maker.

Reactions: TrondraMan
Mar 31, 2020
Yep dude, nobody is throwing shit, we all saying that he should get someone else to do the code. We just pointing facts, the updates takes really long to drop, so putting a goal like 5k, it's pretty high. For a goal like that he should be dropping updates like every two months or an update with a lot of content and by now he's taking a lot of time for the quantity of content he adds. Of course, it's goddamn high tier quality game, but still, i won't take you straight to your goal.

Asking for quicker and more frequent updates is like asking for a horse with three legs to run at the same speed as a car. You're not getting those updates until you give him the ability to work at that level by pitching in to help him hire more people or giving him the incentive to put his full attention to the game. Otherwise, you can wish all you want, you're not getting anything for free.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018

This isn't Milda's fulltime job so saying that he "should" do this and that only speaks of your desperation rather than the dev.
He isn't willing to spend money on coders or risk someone doing it for free with no commitment that could complicate things.
So either you take the schedule or leave and check back in a year.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
You can point these things out but if you want something to change then you've got to actually pitch in otherwise you've got to live with it.
Otherwise, you can wish all you want, you're not getting anything for free.
That's your issue here, no one is asking Milda to do anything. Milda isn't even in this forum. We are just having a discussion. I enjoy trading ideas with other people. Not every discussion needs to produce results.
I agree that it's too early to hire help. I belive he can improve his speed by just being more familiar with the tools. But since he set his goals so high, it signals to me he probably has high hopes and confidence for the project (he should, his game is awesome). And maybe there's an argument to be made that getting someone to help right now can be an investment to archieve said goals faster.
I also agree that the donors are the ones with the right to demand things. I was making this exact point earlier today, you can check my history. I don't have an issue with your points. My issue is with the needless hostility when no one was being disrespectful or entitled. You had no reason to bring heat into a peaceful, civil discussion.

Mar 31, 2020
That's your issue here, no one is asking Milda to do anything. Milda isn't even in this forum. We are just having a discussion. I enjoy trading ideas with other people. Not every discussion needs to produce results.
I agree that it's too early to hire help. I belive he can improve his speed by just being more familiar with the tools. But since he set his goals so high, it signals to me he probably has high hopes and confidence for the project (he should, his game is awesome). And maybe there's an argument to be made that getting someone to help right now can be an investment to archieve said goals faster.
I also agree that the donors are the ones with the right to demand things. I was making this exact point earlier today, you can check my history. I don't have an issue with your points. My issue is with the needless hostility when no one was being disrespectful or entitled. You had no reason to bring heat into a peaceful, civil discussion.
That argument alone isn't what I'm really arguing against and you're fine. It's the argument people are making that Milda will get more if he FIRST updates the game more often with what I'm assuming is the same amount of content in each one and hiring other people to help as of right now. Yeah, that's how you pull in more people but if no one is paying for them then it's not happening which is why it's irritating to see people "suggest" that idea like updates is just slow because of no reason at all.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Ok, last reply to this, since I think in the end we all just want the game to be sucessful, and theres not much point in dragging this any further
Like this BS
Yes, I disagree with that also, you probably saw my reply. However, it's not like he was saying that to Milda, he didn't sound demanding to me at all, that was just his opinion on how Milda could improve his income. I read it, disagreed, and made a counter point, and that was that. If he isn't being disrespectful, there's no reason for me to be.
Besides, he was one person making that statement, and you worded your comment as "you people", throwing everyone in the conversation under the bus as whiners.
My final take is this: there are a lot of things that warrant hostile responses. This wasnt one of them, you could have worded your comment a lot better. There's enough stress out there to be overblowing harmless conversations

Reactions: rhdad and yercat

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I think Milda has done whatever he could to develop the game as fast as possible, he still have job in real life and had to balancing both of working hours and rest time to use it for the game project. Sure that it would be great if he could hire some coder to help, but I doubt people would truly want to do it for free if they have skill in coding.
And even if some of his supporters volunteer in doing so, the question would rise up with "how good his skill are?" and "can I trust him with the codes?" because if the guy was amateur then Milda had to check and fixing all the codes again and would take more times for the game to came out...and if he was not trustworthy he could put something "weird" in it and could doomed lot of players that download the new updates
Not just that but the idea of quick releasing updates thus increase income was a flawed idea too, many games has very fast updates did indeed got lot of attention and have lot of money and support from fans in a very short times. But at the same time I did saw a few good games has been around for couple years with many updates and yet the support are small and didn't cover up the times and efforts the developer put into it
So my final conclusion is that: Be happy with every updates and support Milda if you want a faster release, I'm stay in neutral stand point and understand the frustration from some people but please be nice and think for the developer too

Anão3682

Jan 31, 2020
No one is whining about shit.
I was going to ramble on and on about how no one here is whining (I can't afford to pay, so all I can do is hope for the goal, am I not allowed?), but I'm just gonna say that you didn't hear enough complaining until you stumble on a certain cunt with a Pepe the frog pfp.

edit: oh, he's here too. Any moment...

4.10 star(s) 157 Votes