VN - Others - Completed - Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [Final] [August]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Junma

I've been searching for a working version for years, thanks. This thread covers all the possible issues and it's multiple mirrors provided a time-proof lasting availability, even in 2023 the torrent worked perfectly. thanks again!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 324329

I really like this VN. The characters are a lot of fun to read about and I was laughing a lot during the entire playthrough. If I have any complaints it's that the h-scenes are hard to read because the text box shrinks down. I'm not sure why they chose to do this other than to make the CG more visible but it makes the text really hard to read. After the first couple of routes I ended up just skipping the h-scenes because of the eye strain. However the story is still great and the heroines are all lovable. I'm not sure if I could pick a favorite from the 8 that are in the game. There are 5 main heroines, 4 available at the start and 1 unlocked after completing one route and another 3 secondary heroines. If you like school based or comedy VN's then I highly suggest this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

YabenoHkmr

[This review might contain spoilerm but if you already watched the anime then you're already spoilered lol]
    Finally the magnum opus of august's school life VN is available in english (Eustia is still has the best story/feels). Good visual, music and comfy story. The shepherd main plot is kinda a wasted potential so don't expect much. The main strong point of this game is in the fun and comfy dialogue when all the main cast is assembled together, if you like Da Capo 2 level of comfyness then this is the game for you. Unfortunately the Normal characters route might be boring to some people because it heavily focusing only on one of the girl. There's one exception to this, Suzuki Kana's route feel almost as fun as the common route because she's the moodmaker in most of the dialogue. Misono Senri route also has some good 'feels' moment at the start, remember Sana from Mashiro-iro symphony? There's something similar to that lol.
    The game itself is mainly divided into 2 route, Normal and True Route. Normal Route will later split into 7 character route (4 Main Heroine and 3 Sub Heroine) and you need to clear at least 1 Charater route to unlock True route. True route itself will split into 5 Character route (All Main Heroine but one of them only available on True route). The branching in true route happen very late in the game and most of the scene is shared so it still retain the same amount of comfyness throughout the route. It's advised to clear the normal route first for the girl that you like before doing the true route because most of their "plot" happen only in Normal route and resolved off screen in True route.

tl;dr don't expect much from the main plot and you're golden. If you like the anime or even on 'okay' level then you probably can enjoy this.