Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Are other people using the monster level scaling? I'm finding the Lich King fight impossible with just the easy scaling. My parties are going in with potions, AOE healing and target healing, but the healing amounts don't scale much with level and the Lich's fireballs with vampires tanking with life stealing is a hard combo to keep up with. It shouldn't be an easy fight, but I'm not even able to take down one of the four opponents. (I went in with Paladin, Harbinger, Ranger and Druid the last time, I also tried with Harbinger, Rogue, Druid and Priestess before that IIRC). Also is monster scaling based on the average level of the party, or gametime, or what?
Hi Quiller, actually in my experiences, all fights were way too easy on monster scaling (hardest difficulty). But tbh, that was after lots of testing PTs.

I agree with Pal, Harb and Priest, but to easily succeed you definitely need the sorceress (imxp).
Thats the one I try to get on day 1 (she is free!).
I was discussing with Ninoss to have a much harder difficulty level for more challenge.
That needs to look into the code again.

But what we have now is quite decent (I am talking about the remastered version ofc. - and without any further mods).

Monster scaling is based on time (turns). After 20 turns, they become stronger every turn. And they get a boost at day 100. This means you better aim to win before turn 100 (or be strong enough at that time).

Last edited:

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Quiller, actually in my experiences, all fights were way too easy on monster scaling (hardest difficulty). But tbh, that was after lots of testing PTs.

I agree with Pal, Harb and Priest, but to easily succeed you definitely need the sorceress (imxp).
Thats the one I try to get on day 1 (she is free!).
I was discussing with Ninoss to have a much harder difficulty level for more challenge.
That needs to look into the code again.

But what we have now is quite decent (I am talking about the remastered version ofc. - and without any further mods).

Monster scaling is based on time (turns). After 20 turns, they become stronger every turn. And they get a boost at day 100. This means you better aim to win before turn 100 (or be strong enough at that time).
Ah, I'm used to playing this game as kind of a sandbox game, so I'm on Day 149, I think the Lich King was level 15 when I fought him last. Maybe I'll give it one more try with Sorceress included (I got her pretty late) in the mix and see if that helps, otherwise I can start another game or lower the difficulty on this one to make it my sandbox game.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Ah, I'm used to playing this game as kind of a sandbox game, so I'm on Day 149, I think the Lich King was level 15 when I fought him last. Maybe I'll give it one more try with Sorceress included (I got her pretty late) in the mix and see if that helps, otherwise I can start another game or lower the difficulty on this one to make it my sandbox game.
As sandbox game? I dont get your point. How else can one play it?
When you play with hardest difficulty, it is essential to play effective and fast (use minimal turns to win).

When you get the sorc early and give the priest lightning, you might wish to have the Lich King stronger for better challenge.

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes