Dark Fantasy RPG Idea, Be Warned

Creeper81

Oct 16, 2022
So I've downloaded RPG Maker and have been playing around with it. I've had the idea for awhile of a dark fantasy RPG about a weak little demonic imp (think of the weak mob demons from the Twin Angels anime) that has escaped the demon world to the human world and is trying to gain enough power to take over the demon world. The imp has incubus like powers and gets stronger by absorbing the life force and souls of those he has sex with.

I've got the rough story worked out and working on the gameplay mechanics. Basically you would have three experience levels you need to work on.

The first would be your Blood Level, which increases your combat power and abilities. It increases by fighting and killing mobs. You would start of very weak and have to hide and sneak around a lot in this game. As your Blood Level increase you gain access to more powerful attacks and offensive spells.

Then there's your Seduction Level, which let's you seduce and pleasure your victims. It increases by seducing and raping your victim. Like I said, you start off very weak so you would not be able to over power your victims or fight off strong mobs and NPCs. So the game would focus on solving puzzles to lure your victims to someplace secluded and using your seduction abilities to have your way with them. Your Seduction Levels would grant you abilities to control your victim and make them aroused.

And then the third would be your Demonic Level, this is your primary level while the other two would be secondary. You would increase your Demonic Level by consuming you victims soul (only NPCs will have souls, not mobs) while there life force would act as a sort of a currency to unlock all of your abilities (you will be able to get life force from mobs). Your Demonic Level would set the cap for your Blood and Seduction levels, also the abilities you can unlock. So a Demonic Level of 1 would not be able to level up there Blood or Seduction levels very high or unlock strong abilities. Your Demonic Level would unlock useful abilities to sneak around, such as turning invisible in the shadows, going through solid walls, or even read the minds of NPCs.

So this game would have a lot of rape and snuff in it, so it would be off putting to some (probably a lot) of people. The idea came from the classic dark hentais from the 80s and 90s like Twin Angels, La Blue Girl, and Legend of the Overfiend. What do you think? Would you play this game, or would the mechanic of literally raping a NPC to death to gain power be to dark for you?

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
As a idea its not bad, the thought the problem with most ideas are that people are not capable to fulfill them. Not enought skill on coding or imaginations run dry and then it will become an average 0.08 canceled project

Creeper81

Oct 16, 2022
As a idea its not bad, the thought the problem with most ideas are that people are not capable to fulfill them. Not enought skill on coding or imaginations run dry and then it will become an average 0.08 canceled project
Lol, not going to lie, that's the level I'm at right now. But you got to start somewhere. I love video games and manga, and if you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a deviant :devilish:. So I've always wanted to make my own hentai game. I know, wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills up first.

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Была похожая идея, но только там рпг где герой узнаёт что можно побеждённых девушек монстров не убивать чтобы получить опыт, а заниматься с ними сексом в конце боя хотят они этого или нет. Просто это должно быть хоть немного сс интересным сюжетом и персонажами. Согласен что такое трудно реализовать. Так как бои между ними это не главное то я решил попробовать сделать это на RenPy. Перемещения и вид у меня как в RPG Maker, а вот заставки и бой уже надо будет самому делать, не знаю зачем я это сделал на RenPy. Но если знаком с RPG Maker хотя бы на начальном уровне то чего будет не хватать узнаешь по ходу создания игры. Чуть ниже как это примерно могло выглядить если бы доделал дальше начало игру.

There was a similar idea, but only in an RPG where the hero learns that you can not kill the defeated monster girls to gain experience, but have sex with them at the end of the battle, whether they want it or not. It just has to be at least a little ss interesting plot and characters. I agree that this is difficult to implement. Since the fights between them are not the main thing, I decided to try to do it on RenPy. I have the movements and view as in RPG Maker, but the intros and the battle will have to be done by myself, I don’t know why I did it on RenPy. But if you are familiar with RPG Maker at least at the initial level, then you will find out what will be missing in the course of creating the game. A little lower how it could look like if I had completed the beginning of the game further.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Warpot

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
I am someone who start trying to create big rpg maker game, I faild for sure.
my advice for you is to start with small project with the less possible number of systems , try in your 1st project to learn the engine first, see your writing skills and your art skills and learn from people feedback.
you need to keep in mind that a project need many things like writing, making the art, "coding", and let's not talk about music, testing and many other things.
If you don't have enough free time you can't do all of thoes things alone, and don't forget you will sacrefice your free time working on this project.
In my opinion starting with small project that you can end is the best way to start.

Creeper81

Oct 16, 2022
Thank you for the feedback. I understand that this game is ambitious, but I do have a lot of free time and I'm learning the basics. I am going to start small, with simpler games, but what I wanted to know is if this game idea is appealing to anyone.

Would you play a game we're the MC prays on attractive female NPCs, each with there own backstories, and basically kills them to gain power? I'm not planning on making the game very gory, but there would be a lot of death in it.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
Everything here depends on how the gameplay is done. Bad gameplay will always ruin the game, no matter how good the art is. Some better things to describe would be how encounters happen, how proggression works, what kind of enemies there are. Story should generally come second after gameplay.