Ren'Py - Onhold - Dark Mist Origin [Update 3] [Macadam]

1. 1.00 star(s)

rodian95

just a demo. dialog and descriptions were really poor. need more proof reading. hopefully there will be new updates. the graphics and character models used were also generic. and the story / plot was lacking - or had little logic.
  2. N
    4.00 star(s)

NoHeart

Demo review only
    Story: Seems like this is a choose your own adventure type game with multiple protagonists and a sandbox world to play in.

Dialogue is fine though a little strange when it comes out of the protagonist's mouth. Though the funny lines and ability to choose dialogue is great for this type of game.

I am mostly worried about how much time will be spent on developing all the different Player combinations so I will reserve a point as I can see this development getting bogged down in the first parts of the game so fast.
    4/5

Art: Most of the art is well lit and posed but you can see some flaws with clothing as character models clip through.

I would recommend the dev spends some time honing this craft as the core art style is good enough and the quality of renders is good.

If you can make anything stand out in the art department I would easily bump this up. But for now this should be the least important thing to improve as the rest needs work.
    4/5
    Gameplay: This is leaning heavily on the old point and click adventure game style. While I like it in theory I am worried that this will be another problem in the development cycle as not all players have the patience for this things. I enjoy it but it would have to stay at the same level of complexity and not get dumbed down for those who don't like it.
    3/5

Overall:
    4/5
    The present is White but the future is Bright!
    Play the demo and get a feel for the game. It's not for everyone but those who like the taste will enjoy it for sure.