VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Dark Seed Chronicles [v1.3] [LewdKitty]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Danaos The Demon

good renders, for the first time i played i was lose but you need to think to understand the game, it's underrated game for many people, bug or blocked on event, but it's in progress game so doesen't mater the will fix in futer update. This game deserve morekeep going guys cant waith to continue the game :)
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Ōba

The good: Good graphics (the physical characteristics of the characters are fine).
    The bad: boring story, little developed.
    The ugly: the disadvantage of making a game like "sandbox" is that user/player has to tolerate a loop of repetitive scenes and conversations that make the game boring and confusing.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Sims4Adults

Puh, really? Always the same options, it's within 5 minutes boring. And that's so sad, because the artwork looks really nice. But there isn't really a story, it's just a bunch of repeated clicks. And after peeping the 5th night on the roommate while in the bathroom I've seen it all.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kcoope89

This game is pretty awesome, no slow drag along, from the very beginning you have a chance to have f*ck a beautiful blonde girl on a train (would love to see more of this girl in future updates). Would love to see this game evolve.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

DRinWV

Short:
    I believe the game is worth checking out and there may be a possibility it may end up being good it is still to early to tell. So give it a try and keep watch. If it seems like the type of game you like support it.

Longer:
    My original thought was that this game has to much grind for little reward and it can. When I think about it and compare it to other games of this type it's between 7 or an 8 on a 1 to 10 grind scale with 10 being way to much grind.

Part of the grind I could have possibly avoided if I had more reason to have went to lunch with Dillon. Face it when given the option to go to lunch with Dillon or Cathy (and who's panties are you trying to get into?) who would you have chosen?

So what I think the author needs to do is give more thoughts to giving hints within the game as to what paths someone should take. Like some occurrence that give me a reason to be friends with Dillon. This seems to be a common problem in lots of these games not enough hints as to what to look for or what path you may want to take.

This game is still young and the author of it seems to be slightly better than average. That is not saying a lot because there are a LOT of BAD games out there. But this has a possibility to be good but only time will tell.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

ButYouCanCallMeLarry

I think I'm going to like this game in the long run. The scenes are pretty good.

I will say that for a game like this to have a trigger day to end game, I wish it would recap the scenes/scenarios that you missed. Without running through the images or seeing them on the site, I wouldn't know I missed something. For that reason, the mundane day to day aspect feels a little unnecessary.
  7. H
    3.00 star(s)

Heartlessnobody95

This is a pretty good start for the game. It has and interesting premise as well as some pretty nice looking models and renders.

However the sheer amount of time it takes to grind and the lack of direction really makes the player suffer. In the end it feels like the game is pretty empty. However if this is just the base to build on I think this can turn into a promising game.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

The premise of this game is a nice idea, the renders are okay. But the story and writing itself is just bad. The game starts out with you pretty much sexually assaulting an unknown woman in an elevator, if that does not turn you off this game might be for you.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

deoclitian

The only good thing about this game is how Petra looks , she is hot and curvy but not fat .
    Lots of grinding, bugs and almost no content with some minor exceptions, like peaking and masturbating. This game is just so ... >.<
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Darkaura

Good premise. Good renders. Good lay-out. Nice mood. Nice engine. Above average H-scenes.

One game ending bug. Horribly grindy requiring cheating. Overly greedy Patreon content Teirs.

The dev shows promise, but way overvalues his talents. Are there worse devs making more money? Yes, but they have delivered over time.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

OvidiusLian

Interesting project, bad execution, terrible mind set.

- Bad execution
    It's not a Chapter Visual Novel, you have a routine of work, home, shopping mall, empty weekends, with little or nothing.

The MC it's a creep taking it's dick on the elevator...?

- Terrible mind set
    The supposed good content it's available only for patrons, and he as 8 @ this time.
    He doesn't understand the concept of patronage, people like your projects, and have the money, they support you. They don't expect to be "for their eyes only".
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs...

(03/08/2018 - Original Review - Chapter 1)

The current content feels more like a half introduction then a full on chapter...

The visuals of the characters are decent and the backdrops look unique and creative...

The script is pretty good, as I only ran into a couple spelling/grammar errors, and one missing word... The plot (what little you actually learn from the current content) revolves around a male protagonist who lives in his sisters apartment while she is away over seas... One of her best friends temporarily comes to live there as well, but she has the absolute worst attitude and doesn't even attempt to be cordial or friendly in any way towards the protagonist, regardless of your choices... Personally I think that was a bit over the top, and not very believable as that is their first time meeting and they have to live together... She doesn't even try to get along in any way at all, even slamming the bedroom door in his face... Throws off the immersion during that event...

The protagonist also works in a lab/office for a big corporation, and has some interaction with several co-workers and his boss... Not much interaction, but some... You get a feel for the game mechanics a tiny bit, with some grindy type daily office tasks that need to be accomplished each game day... Along with what seems to be some event type tasks that need to be accomplished, that may require certain skills to be learned or worked on... The protagonist is also a big pervert, at least through out pretty much most of the inner monologue... Every woman he runs into he either wants to bang, abuse, or take sexual advantage of in some form or another...

There really isn't a whole lot of content, besides a few character introductions, a basic introduction to the work day grind mechanics, a brief introduction to some of the event tasks, and really just 2 erotic encounters, a dream sequence and a bathroom peep... If too many game days go by, or you have the protagonist peep on the sisters friend as she gets ready to take a bath, you run into the current content wall, and your done... I went back a couple times to try different paths, but really it doesn't feel like a full chapter, but more like a brief game introduction with nothing revealing the actual story plot... He just lives and works... You get more about the story from the overview on this website then you do from actual game play... Now, of course this is a newly in-development VN/Game, so I'm sure we'll learn more as is continues production...

Overall, this VN/Game shows some potential, looks decent enough, has some basic mechanics in place, shows some slightly over the top character personalities, and teases a bit on the event tasks... I just wish it had revealed more about the story plot, rather then feeling more like a partial game play introduction, that really only reveals that the protagonist is a pervert, lives with a meanie, and has a job... I will definitely come back at some point as it develops to see further development, if not just to see more story/plot reveal... As the story and play concepts do seem intriguing, based off the overview...

(04/07/2018 - Review Update - v1.2.1 - Chapter 2)

The newest chapter of content is fairly spread out in this latest release... You have to play the grind game for a while to see the new content in it's entirety... And I mean you have to grind it out a LOT, and it's mostly because of the money needed to raise the stats on one of the characters...

You meet several new characters in this new chapter... First there is the 18 year old daughter of the protagonists boss, who you can run into most days at the clothing shop in the mall (she wears a generic swirly shirt you see in a lot of other VN/Games)... You can purchase her clothes to raise one of two stats each time, until she finally goes a bit further with the protagonist... But at $100 a pop, it will take a while... There is another character you meet who is a friend of the boss, but all you can do with her for the moment is masturbate behind her in the elevator... There was also a sex in the subway scene that happens, yet feels like it was just arbitrarily thrown in, just to add a sex event... Because you never seem to run into that woman, ever again...

As you grind away on various stats with various characters, eventually you get further with the female co-worker and she invites you to an all girls party, but that content is not in this Chapter, or at least the current content reaches an End before the party happened (at least for me)... There is also the addition of the spy camera, but it's always the exact same camera shot every time, plus it requires $30.00 of in-game money to view each time... Really?

Once you get far enough through the daily repeating grind, you open up a Sci-Fi type story event, which I kind of felt was more of a cop out to push folks into becoming paying donators... It also felt very out of place with the rest of the story and game, and could just be what ruins this VN/Games future, gating so much content behind a pay wall... The protagonist becomes part of an experiment dealing with a naked, alien modified, woman... In essence, it adds a dream ability to the protagonist that is only viewable (when it happens) by specific donation paying patron levels... Same with a new X-Ray vision ability that allows the protagonist to see all characters naked... It's like a pay wall system was just arbitrarily thrown at normal players in an attempt to incentivize them into paying for content...

Now, normally you see stuff like this occurs with some developers, where they offer up special content for donation levels, as a reward for their contributions... But in this case, it doesn't feel like that... Because of how it's presented, it feels more like taunting players into becoming donators of specific amounts per month... Which I firmly believe is not worth the money... Plus, the whole alien non-sense just comes out of nowhere, and feels like the developers are getting a little greedy, so they threw this non-sense in, just to pull in some more money... It feels so out of place with the prior content... And all the alien related content sits behind a pay wall, which gets thrown into your face every time a dream sequence pops up... They should have just left that non-sense out of the game, and offered up reward level stuff on their site like most other developers do, with patron level special content...

In any case, the repeating grind can be time consuming, but it does open up slivers of new content a few times, now and then, before the game just ends once it thinks the Chapter 2 content is done... Not sure if the ending was gated behind the actual content opening, or if it was time based... I'm a bit disappointed now, as I don't feel it has the same story intrigue as before... The content, when you open it up, is alright, but it tends to be short each time, and the repeating grind takes up most of your play time... It's still in it's early days of development, but I have a feeling it may not be as good as I originally thought it would be... Guess only time will tell...