Unity Abandoned Darkmorrow Arena [v0.5] [Acac]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Cover.png

Overview:
You were once a mercenary. You have been captured, and you must now fight in an arena, as a slave gladiatrix! With each fight, you win gold to buy better equipment, and glory to buy your freedom.​

Thread Updated: 2020-11-26
Release Date: 2020-11-26
Developer: Acac
Censored: No
Version: 0.5
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer's Notes:

Credits:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -
Mac: - -
Others:

01 - Title Screen.PNG 02 - Arena Barracks.PNG 03 - Opponents.PNG 04 - Stats Screen.PNG 05 - Equipment.PNG 06 - Shopping.PNG 07 - Crafting.PNG 08 - Training.PNG 09 - Combat.PNG 10 - Archive.PNG

Last edited:

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Oooooh this type of game seems very interesting. I'll be interested to see what sort of sexual content gets worked into it. My biggest gripe is that I won't be able to try this one out for a few days. #firstworldproblems

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
Really great start, gameplay is already solid which is more than you can say for most 0.1 releases. There might be some balance issues, I ended up facing a rank 3 opponent that hit for 100dmg per hit against me in heavy armour with a tower shield which with 160 health i had limited chance of surviving 6 rounds with.

More art would be nice, though the text is well written. Are there only five scenes with the arena master?

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Really great start, gameplay is already solid which is more than you can say for most 0.1 releases. There might be some balance issues, I ended up facing a rank 3 opponent that hit for 100dmg per hit against me in heavy armour with a tower shield which with 160 health i had limited chance of surviving 6 rounds with.

More art would be nice, though the text is well written. Are there only five scenes with the arena master?
Thanks for the great feedback! Oof, that definitely wasn't intentional. There's definitely room to tweak the RNG. Perhaps that was intensely bad luck in enemy generation (I hope!), but if this keeps happening, I can certainly tweak them down.

Do you know if they had an axe? Axes give a straight 20% more physical damage, and that mixed with two-handed weapons can be crazy deadly. Or do you know if they were doing a lot of elemental damage? Armour doesn't give any protection against that, unless they have enhancements to do so.

Thanks, I'll let both the artist and the writer know! There's only 5 scenes, but we plan on writing 5 more scenes for the merchant, in the next release. I wanted to make sure the game side was doable, before we tackled the hentai. But the hentai, game and art definitely evolve off of each other.

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
I "beat" the game but item prices were so high that I couldn't buy anything past +5 white. I finished the game with rags and buckler by evading everything. Does lower encumberance% add to dodge?

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I "beat" the game but item prices were so high that I couldn't buy anything past +5 white. I finished the game with rags and buckler by evading everything. Does lower encumberance% add to dodge?
Thank you for letting me know! I agree with you, the prices in the end game do not seem to scale well. It's way too high. I've now altered it quite a bit, so it shouldn't become astronomical. This will be in the next release.

About encumbrance, you're right. Encumbrance reduces your initiative, accuracy and evasion. As you're weighed down, it becomes harder to react, have a steady aim, or jump out of the way. At full encumbrance, these stats don't go all the way down to 0, but they do go down to about 30% (can be tweaked later). Because of this, max encumbrance is really good to have, because then you can use heavier equipment without losing too much of your skills.

Wounding does a similar thing, but it's the ratio of your (or your opponent's) current health to maximum health. As it moves towards 1:1, your initiative, evasion, accuracy and even physical damage goes down. Because of this, it's good to have a high initiative. If you can hurt your opponent before he acts, his accuracy will go down, and even if he hits you, his damage will go down, too. This is also a reason to have elemental damage, because as you get hurt, your physical damage goes down, but elemental damage does not.

Lastly, your opponent is subject to the same rules for encumbrance and wounding. So if they have a lot of armour on, you can bet they will be easy to hit or dodge. Or at least that's the gameplay I'm aiming for.

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
Thanks for the great feedback! Oof, that definitely wasn't intentional. There's definitely room to tweak the RNG. Perhaps that was intensely bad luck in enemy generation (I hope!), but if this keeps happening, I can certainly tweak them down.

Do you know if they had an axe? Axes give a straight 20% more physical damage, and that mixed with two-handed weapons can be crazy deadly. Or do you know if they were doing a lot of elemental damage? Armour doesn't give any protection against that, unless they have enhancements to do so.

Thanks, I'll let both the artist and the writer know! There's only 5 scenes, but we plan on writing 5 more scenes for the merchant, in the next release. I wanted to make sure the game side was doable, before we tackled the hentai. But the hentai, game and art definitely evolve off of each other.
They did have an axe, and so did I and we both had similar armour but for the shield I had. I was expecting them to do more damage which is why I equipped the tower shield but they were still hitting for 100 (not including what my physical resistance shaved off) whereas I was hitting for 18 damage. It was only physical damage too no elemental.

Oblivios

Feb 10, 2018
I love the game’s concept and how the game is put together. It is challenging to play and a interesting fight game where each fight option has meaning in certain situations. I can see that certain elements is already planned for, like a training mode and item crafting when you have open spirit slots. Eager to see it.

Some suggestions and notes:

• At the moment the game is slightly favoring evasion over armor. When fighting against higher tier fighters their damage easily overpowers heavy armor.
  • The rate you get glory seems to be a tad too much. The game ends before you really got to some end game content.
  • Higher end items are expensive. If you get about 80-100g per glory, as it is balanced at this moment, you get a total of 8 000g - 10 000g in a play through. Some gear you upgrade multiple time in a play through, so it lowers the amount you could spend on a high tier item.
  • An option to see your stats is at this moment absent. For example: total Accuracy and Initiation.
  • Sleeping with the Arena Master is compulsory at this moment, where the advantages are high with almost no drawback.

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I love the game’s concept and how the game is put together. It is challenging to play and a interesting fight game where each fight option has meaning in certain situations. I can see that certain elements is already planned for, like a training mode and item crafting when you have open spirit slots. Eager to see it.

Some suggestions and notes:

• At the moment the game is slightly favoring evasion over armor. When fighting against higher tier fighters their damage easily overpowers heavy armor.
  • The rate you get glory seems to be a tad too much. The game ends before you really got to some end game content.
  • Higher end items are expensive. If you get about 80-100g per glory, as it is balanced at this moment, you get a total of 8 000g - 10 000g in a play through. Some gear you upgrade multiple time in a play through, so it lowers the amount you could spend on a high tier item.
  • An option to see your stats is at this moment absent. For example: total Accuracy and Initiation.
  • Sleeping with the Arena Master is compulsory at this moment, where the advantages are high with almost no drawback.
Thank you for the really thought out feedback. I gave it a lot of thought. Here are my thoughts so far:
  1. I get what you mean. I've heard it earlier, and I have this feeling as well. Since I've heard it more than once now, I'll look into it. I think I'll adjust the damage formula so that armour mitigates it more at whatever level it is. It's now in my to do list for the next release. If you have other ideas though, feel free to let me know!
  2. That's really helpful feedback on glory. I kind of want to keep it pretty fast. That way, a) each playthrough is a bit more different from each other, and b) you're less likely to die to a RNG fluke monster of an opponent.
  3. Yep, agreed. I've adjusted it now, and late game item prices should hopefully be more reasonable in the next release. Thanks, please let me know if this is still the case in v0.2, we can always adjust it again.
  4. Hmm, you should see your stats in the character screen. If you press c, and then click on the right button (on the screen), it should show you your combat stats. I made a note in the main menu screen, but this might not be enough. That's okay, I have a plan. I've put in my to do list, to rearrange and add buttons in the main menu and character screen, so that it should be more clear how to find the character screen and the different stats.
  5. Yup, you're right. But that's mainly because the alternatives have not been added yet. My plan is to have 5 things you can do at night, but you can only do one of them each night. Right now you can do 2: You can sleep with the Arena Master to get that advantage, or you can sleep in your room, which will heal some of your health. In the next release, you'll get a 3rd option related to item crafting. You could also rightfully ask, why rest at night, when you can rest at day time to heal, as well? That's because day will also have a number of things you can do one of, but those things haven't been implemented, yet.
Again, just wanted to say, thank you for taking the time to type your response!

Reactions: Amariithynar

Oblivios

Feb 10, 2018
Before you adjust the damage formula, check how the adjusted item prices affect the overall game balance. Evasion was better because it was the option you could get the cheapest. I suspect it would be more balanced after the new price balance.

Reactions: acac

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
I enjoyed the new merchant scenes a lot, and the game balance changes seem to have had the intended effect, I haven't run up against any ridiculously OP early game fighters. :) Oh the enhance item mechanic is really enjoyable too, it's fun being able to customise your weapons to suit your build.

Reactions: acac

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I enjoyed the new merchant scenes a lot, and the game balance changes seem to have had the intended effect, I haven't run up against any ridiculously OP early game fighters. :) Oh the enhance item mechanic is really enjoyable too, it's fun being able to customise your weapons to suit your build.
Thank you very much! :)

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes