fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
A big fat NO from me to, MFF is ok but not MMF.
No other male will every touch D.
Not at all commenting on your personal choice, but I thought about that posture before the last update and eventually considered that it could be hypocritical and even selfish of me as the MC: if the relationship becomes more agreeably "open" between the two of them, it really should be her equal choice as to who they bring into their shared orbit and as her boyfriend she deserves full support in that regard, IMHO.

I've come to the point where I have no problems with her growing to her fullest potential and experiencing more of life as seems enriching for her (and as a dedicated couple with the MC, even if they do some sharing with others).

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
D works as a model in a Koko video and one thing leads to another and a Koko+D hookup.

On another topic I wonder when will D tell the MC about her and Elena's relationship? After Elean sent the two of them her nude pic D was pondering if Elena had already told her father and he thought it was too awkward to discuss with her. It was interesting that D didn't regret her actions with Elena, just wondering if her father knew about her.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Not at all commenting on your personal choice, but I thought about that posture before the last update and eventually considered that it could be hypocritical and even selfish of me as the MC: if the relationship becomes more agreeably "open" between the two of them, it really should be her equal choice as to who they bring into their shared orbit and as her boyfriend she deserves full support in that regard, IMHO.

I've come to the point where I have no problems with her growing to her fullest potential and experiencing more of life as seems enriching for her (and as a dedicated couple with the MC, even if they do some sharing with others).
She can come to her "fullest potential" after the VN is complete.;):love::cool:

Reactions: jackkane

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
D becomes more independent and not just a submissive obliging sex pet for the MC.

Reactions: fried

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
BTW it seems that Melody will be over sooner than what I was expecting,maybe this year.
0.11 is the end of Amy and Becca routes,so maybe 2-3 more before the game is over.
Then we will get the crossover?

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Martin is always going to be a choice. I would imagine, even if you made every choice for Martin - before we get to that scene, you will still have a “bug out” choice ... or several ... similar to the shower and masturbation scene with Elena and D.
Maybe Graham and his daughter could invite Martin to nudist beach along with MC and D.
D is far more confident and conscious about her body now and probably wouldn't be a problem for her (especially if you have enough exhibition/share points).
Doesn't have to be a full blown sex scene, just some teasing that would give Martin heart attack.

gurkan9811

Mar 24, 2018
I downloaded the latest version but I can't progress, the version ends at the same place as the last one is anyone else having this problem?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
D works as a model in a Koko video and one thing leads to another and a Koko+D hookup.

On another topic I wonder when will D tell the MC about her and Elena's relationship? After Elean sent the two of them her nude pic D was pondering if Elena had already told her father and he thought it was too awkward to discuss with her. It was interesting that D didn't regret her actions with Elena, just wondering if her father knew about her.
This is just me, but I feel Koko has too much of a “mystical role” to play to make her a sexual partner. Much like The Oracle from The Matrix.

Reactions: RustyV and fried

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
D’s Silver Ring and Chekhov’s Gun

I have some very good ideas with this, but if anyone wants to chime in. Doubt I haven’t thought of any idea you post, but it would certainly help hone the idea finally picked.

———————————

Chekhov's gun is a dramatic principle that states that every element in a story must be necessary, and irrelevant elements should be removed; elements should not appear to make "false promises" by never coming into play. The statement is recorded in letters by Anton Chekhov several times, with some variation:

"Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."

"One must never place a loaded rifle on the stage if it isn't going to go off. It's wrong to make promises you don't mean to keep." Chekhov, letter to Aleksandr Semenovich Lazarev (pseudonym of A. S. Gruzinsky), 1 November 1889. Here the "gun" is a monologue that Chekhov deemed superfluous and unrelated to the rest of the play.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there." From Gurlyand's Reminiscences of A. P. Chekhov, in Teatr i iskusstvo1904, No. 28, 11 July, p. 521.

Note the difference between Chekhov's gun and foreshadowingChekhov was commenting on narrative detail and what details the writer should include. Foreshadowing only vaguely implies that an event will take place in the future, while the Chekhov's gun principle guarantees that an event will happen further aljong in the story.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Correct, what nonsense is reaching her fullest potential, by having sex with Martin?
That's only one small facet of what she might want to experience and learn from trying out, essentially. No single event or sexual path turns her into something new - it's merely one expression of her path towards finding what she likes in life by herself and with others. Having an "open relationship" or even an established three-way relationship is actually tough to manage in the long term, as well: it requires a lot of trust, maturity and communication.

As RustyV said, her adult choices are can now be expressed and realized with the MC, but even beyond over time. That's the idea of reaching her fullest potential: he should support her desire to try new things and help her be safe while doing so, but if he loves her truly, also be prepared that she will find a new set of directions - maybe beyond their current orbit - that turns out to be what she wants and needs, after all. Her Pandora's Box seems wide open, now.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

I have some very good ideas with this, but if anyone wants to chime in. Doubt I haven’t thought of any idea you post, but it would certainly help hone the idea finally picked.

———————————

Chekhov's gun is a dramatic principle that states that every element in a story must be necessary, and irrelevant elements should be removed; elements should not appear to make "false promises" by never coming into play. The statement is recorded in letters by Anton Chekhov several times, with some variation:

"Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."

"One must never place a loaded rifle on the stage if it isn't going to go off. It's wrong to make promises you don't mean to keep." Chekhov, letter to Aleksandr Semenovich Lazarev (pseudonym of A. S. Gruzinsky), 1 November 1889. Here the "gun" is a monologue that Chekhov deemed superfluous and unrelated to the rest of the play.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there." From Gurlyand's Reminiscences of A. P. Chekhov, in Teatr i iskusstvo1904, No. 28, 11 July, p. 521.

Note the difference between Chekhov's gun and foreshadowingChekhov was commenting on narrative detail and what details the writer should include. Foreshadowing only vaguely implies that an event will take place in the future, while the Chekhov's gun principle guarantees that an event will happen further aljong in the story.
Foreshadowing: "I don't need to teach junior gun safety. All my guns are locked up!"
Chekhov's Gun: In act 1 the gun safe is left open with loaded guns in it.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017

———————————

Hm, interesting. I consider "Chekhov's Gun" to imply that something is introduced in a manner which helps it to potentially stand out (i.e., because of what it typically represents, the context in which it is noted, etc.) then it shouldn't be dangled in the narrative like a carrot you'll never reach or even see again. It seemingly allows for different details to be offered, just ensuring you don't emphasize aspects which will never have some relevance to the actual storyline(s).

Just off the cuff, let me mention that I'm a longtime fan of H. Rider Haggard and Thomas Pynchon. Not only them, but let's see where these choices go, maybe ...

The first is known for olde tyme adventure novels with fantastical elements, painted with enough adjectives per paragraph to give you literary diabetes after a chapter or two. He relies on archetypes more often than not, swirling their roles in a cinematic fantasy tale with loads of melodrama. You know where things are going overall, but he paints the ride in kids' crayons that are melted together and mounded very high, making it enjoyable to those of us who go for such unnatural gushes of over-the-top colourful expressions. Everything he offers supports a feeling of a moment and example of the iconic role(s) involved in the scene, and recognizing which elements are "guns" or not is actually not too difficult. But, there is so much surrounding the "gun" elements and their eventually obvious use that you kind of don't care: you're there for experiencing the ride.

I feel that the second is a modern day fashioner of quixotic prose tales with "guns" of varying importance: it's really best to just see the world from another set of eyes and accept your rationalizations+inner logical weaving as irrelevant to the story, I feel. The unobvious story will happen regardless of how you interpret the otherwise straightforward elements, while many things are presented in ways that force you into a context you don't yet understand. It's sometimes uncomfortable but fascinating storytelling (if you have the temperament) and elements become revealed as "guns" proper, but they don't always add up to something objectively satisfying as either cause/effect or observation/significance elements, I feel.

So, I'm very OK with guns becoming evident that never lead to a satisfying shot, but instead turn out to be blanks. Or, the caliber is far lower, the shot pattern extremely wide, compared to resulting in an expected crisp, single bullet hole. Because learning that your early beliefs of the blanks being evidence of real bullets was wrong or that a particular gun was not as equally significant in impact as others, could be part of entertaining storytelling, as well.

How much do you want to paint or wax colourful, to make the "guns" blend more into a tapestry vs a series of targeted results? Up to you, but I believe in the "guns" as useful storytelling tools, even when they misdirect or misinform.

I had a long day fixing a kitchen appliance install for a friend, so am winding down now and hopefully didn't mangle your point :)

Last edited:

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Maybe Graham and his daughter could invite Martin to nudist beach along with MC and D.
D is far more confident and conscious about her body now and probably wouldn't be a problem for her (especially if you have enough exhibition/share points).
Doesn't have to be a full blown sex scene, just some teasing that would give Martin heart attack.
Or maybe, after Elena joins the "family", in a case of full blown sex scene. Orgy at secluded spot on nudist beach with Graham, his daughter, MC, D, Koko, Elena, possibly Margo and her BF.
Martin dies happy, while being deep inside Elena.

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
DMD Chapter 3

Hi everyone,

Now that we’ve finished Melody v.10, it’s time for us to start working on DMD again.

We’ve received a lot of messages from our fans and supporters over the past few months, asking us about Chapter 3 and the ending of DMD.

I’d like to address these questions in this post, and also share with you the decision the team has made regarding these two questions in particular.

Our original plan was to finish the game in December 2019, which means there was only going to be 3 more updates.

At the present time, we thought that extending Chapter 2 and finishing the story in just a few updates would be enough.

However, after a lot of thought and discussions, we realized that we wouldn’t have enough time for us to finish all the storylines in just 3 updates.

There would be too many loose ends that wouldn’t be tied up, game endings that wouldn’t make it to the final cut, had we decided to conclude DMD by year’s end.

We know you love the game as much as we do, and it wouldn’t have been fair for D and her friends to finish their journey so abruptly.

Nor would it have been satisfying for anyone after such a long journey since we began creating this game just under three years ago. There are so many things left to do, so many scenes and storylines left to create, and trying to fit them all in just three updates wouldn’t be realistically possible.

So, to those asking if there is going to be a Chapter 3, the answer is a resounding YES!

In fact, the next update that will be released on Jun 29th will be the first one of Chapter 3!

Jeff Steel, a member of our team, suggested that we should end chapter 2 in v.21, with that trip to Seaside, and I agree.

So, the next update (v.22) will be the first very day of Chapter 3, and D and F will have a fresh start in Seaside.

Starting CH.3 now will have a lot of benefits for us (and for you as well):
• It will allow us to start a new fresh chapter and cover all the stories we need to at a fairly normal pace (not so fast, not so slow).
• That way, the character development won’t be affected, and the setup for the different endings will be a lot better.
• We will get rid of almost 4 gb of ch.2 content! So, for those with slow internet connection, the new chapter will be easier to download (and easier for us to upload as well).
• We will give the endings that each character deserves. We will have more updates to work with instead of only three, and that will give us enough time to plan the content better.

The new chapter will continue to have two days per update, just like we’ve been doing with chapter 2, and the main storylines covered will be:
• A true ending with D (we’ll let you guess what that could be rather than giving away our intended endings)
• The Polyamory arc (which will involve Jennifer, Elena, Georgina, and Rachel. Yes, Rachel. Multiple pregnancy ending is also on the table.)
• The Sharing arc (which will involve Graham, and Martin, and perhaps a future male character.)
• The Pet arc (you know what this means )
• Whatever arc or scenes I’m forgetting to include right now :p

How many updates will Chapter 3 have?

We can’t say for certain, but we know it we will have at least 8-10 more updates instead of just three, which means it will take us the rest of this year and the whole of next year to finish it.
We will continue with the 2/1 update, since it’s a method that is working for us and we want to keep it at least until Melody ends.
We’ll see what happens after that, as I don’t want to make a promise for something I can’t keep.

Saves from Ch.2

Perhaps the biggest issue regarding a new chapter is the saving transfer process. For those of you who’ve been with us since the beginning, you know this process has been a pain in the ass to get right. But this time, we won’t even try to get this method to work. It’s going to take me a lot of time to code it correctly and I’d rather spend that time creating content than working on something I know is not going to work for everybody.
Instead, we’ll give you a quiz to fill, and based on your answers, the game will create a different start. This method is already available at the start of Chapter 2 if you haven’t played Chapter 1 yet, or if the saving transfer method didn’t work for you.

Chapter 2 revision

We will get back to Chapter 2 when time allows, to rework some of the scenes that we felt may have been a bit rushed or needs a rework, just like we did with Chapter 1. We will also add the Rewards Gallery to Chapter 2. But it’s hard to say when this will happen, as it’s not a priority for us at the moment, given our restricted time schedule with both games.

Please keep in mind that because we stick to releasing an update across both games once a month (every month), sometimes scenes don’t always turn out like we hope they will, or we don’t have the time available to put everything into certain scenes that we’d like to.
The most important thing for us is to always assure you guys (and girls) that you will always get an update from one of our games, at least once a month.

As you already know, the games that we create are still a work-in-progress, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they will be the final version.

Once either DMD or Melody are completed, then we will definitely be taking the time to go back through each game to see how we can improve them.
That includes any plot holes, extending animated scenes, confrontational scenes that could be better or more believable, etc.

Final words

We can’t thank you enough for all the support you’ve shown us over the past few years. We know that most of our supporters are still with us because you know that we would never give up on DMD without a fight, and we thank you for standing by us.

You’ve been showing a lot of support to Melody as well, even though we know it’s not the game you would prefer for us to spend most of the year on.

So that’s it, I hope you like the news we’ve announced today. We’re also a bit relieved that we’ll be able to create the ending that DMD deserves.

Have a great day,
Mrdots.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
DMD Chapter 3

Hi everyone,

Now that we’ve finished Melody v.10, it’s time for us to start working on DMD again.

We’ve received a lot of messages from our fans and supporters over the past few months, asking us about Chapter 3 and the ending of DMD.

I’d like to address these questions in this post, and also share with you the decision the team has made regarding these two questions in particular.

Our original plan was to finish the game in December 2019, which means there was only going to be 3 more updates.

At the present time, we thought that extending Chapter 2 and finishing the story in just a few updates would be enough.

However, after a lot of thought and discussions, we realized that we wouldn’t have enough time for us to finish all the storylines in just 3 updates.

There would be too many loose ends that wouldn’t be tied up, game endings that wouldn’t make it to the final cut, had we decided to conclude DMD by year’s end.

We know you love the game as much as we do, and it wouldn’t have been fair for D and her friends to finish their journey so abruptly.

Nor would it have been satisfying for anyone after such a long journey since we began creating this game just under three years ago. There are so many things left to do, so many scenes and storylines left to create, and trying to fit them all in just three updates wouldn’t be realistically possible.

So, to those asking if there is going to be a Chapter 3, the answer is a resounding YES!

In fact, the next update that will be released on Jun 29th will be the first one of Chapter 3!

Jeff Steel, a member of our team, suggested that we should end chapter 2 in v.21, with that trip to Seaside, and I agree.

So, the next update (v.22) will be the first very day of Chapter 3, and D and F will have a fresh start in Seaside.

Starting CH.3 now will have a lot of benefits for us (and for you as well):
• It will allow us to start a new fresh chapter and cover all the stories we need to at a fairly normal pace (not so fast, not so slow).
• That way, the character development won’t be affected, and the setup for the different endings will be a lot better.
• We will get rid of almost 4 gb of ch.2 content! So, for those with slow internet connection, the new chapter will be easier to download (and easier for us to upload as well).
• We will give the endings that each character deserves. We will have more updates to work with instead of only three, and that will give us enough time to plan the content better.

The new chapter will continue to have two days per update, just like we’ve been doing with chapter 2, and the main storylines covered will be:
• A true ending with D (we’ll let you guess what that could be rather than giving away our intended endings)
• The Polyamory arc (which will involve Jennifer, Elena, Georgina, and Rachel. Yes, Rachel. Multiple pregnancy ending is also on the table.)
• The Sharing arc (which will involve Graham, and Martin, and perhaps a future male character.)
• The Pet arc (you know what this means )
• Whatever arc or scenes I’m forgetting to include right now :p

How many updates will Chapter 3 have?

We can’t say for certain, but we know it we will have at least 8-10 more updates instead of just three, which means it will take us the rest of this year and the whole of next year to finish it.
We will continue with the 2/1 update, since it’s a method that is working for us and we want to keep it at least until Melody ends.
We’ll see what happens after that, as I don’t want to make a promise for something I can’t keep.

Saves from Ch.2

Perhaps the biggest issue regarding a new chapter is the saving transfer process. For those of you who’ve been with us since the beginning, you know this process has been a pain in the ass to get right. But this time, we won’t even try to get this method to work. It’s going to take me a lot of time to code it correctly and I’d rather spend that time creating content than working on something I know is not going to work for everybody.
Instead, we’ll give you a quiz to fill, and based on your answers, the game will create a different start. This method is already available at the start of Chapter 2 if you haven’t played Chapter 1 yet, or if the saving transfer method didn’t work for you.

Chapter 2 revision

We will get back to Chapter 2 when time allows, to rework some of the scenes that we felt may have been a bit rushed or needs a rework, just like we did with Chapter 1. We will also add the Rewards Gallery to Chapter 2. But it’s hard to say when this will happen, as it’s not a priority for us at the moment, given our restricted time schedule with both games.

Please keep in mind that because we stick to releasing an update across both games once a month (every month), sometimes scenes don’t always turn out like we hope they will, or we don’t have the time available to put everything into certain scenes that we’d like to.
The most important thing for us is to always assure you guys (and girls) that you will always get an update from one of our games, at least once a month.

As you already know, the games that we create are still a work-in-progress, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they will be the final version.

Once either DMD or Melody are completed, then we will definitely be taking the time to go back through each game to see how we can improve them.
That includes any plot holes, extending animated scenes, confrontational scenes that could be better or more believable, etc.

Final words

We can’t thank you enough for all the support you’ve shown us over the past few years. We know that most of our supporters are still with us because you know that we would never give up on DMD without a fight, and we thank you for standing by us.

You’ve been showing a lot of support to Melody as well, even though we know it’s not the game you would prefer for us to spend most of the year on.

So that’s it, I hope you like the news we’ve announced today. We’re also a bit relieved that we’ll be able to create the ending that DMD deserves.

Have a great day,
Mrdots.
Good. We posted it. Wanted to tell you all but waited until the official news release.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hm, interesting. I consider "Chekhov's Gun" to imply that something is introduced in a manner which helps it to potentially stand out (i.e., because of what it typically represents, the context in which it is noted, etc.) then it shouldn't be dangled in the narrative like a carrot you'll never reach or even see again. It seemingly allows for different details to be offered, just ensuring you don't emphasize aspects which will never have some relevance to the actual storyline(s).

Just off the cuff, let me mention that I'm a longtime fan of H. Rider Haggard and Thomas Pynchon. Not only them, but let's see where these choices go, maybe ...

The first is known for olde tyme adventure novels with fantastical elements, painted with enough adjectives per paragraph to give you literary diabetes after a chapter or two. He relies on archetypes more often than not, swirling their roles in a cinematic fantasy tale with loads of melodrama. You know where things are going overall, but he paints the ride in kids' crayons that are melted together and mounded very high, making it enjoyable to those of us who go for such unnatural gushes of over-the-top colourful expressions. Everything he offers supports a feeling of a moment and example of the iconic role(s) involved in the scene, and recognizing which elements are "guns" or not is actually not too difficult. But, there is so much surrounding the "gun" elements and their eventually obvious use that you kind of don't care: you're there for experiencing the ride.

I feel that the second is a modern day fashioner of quixotic prose tales with "guns" of varying importance: it's really best to just see the world from another set of eyes and accept your rationalizations+inner logical weaving as irrelevant to the story, I feel. The unobvious story will happen regardless of how you interpret the otherwise straightforward elements, while many things are presented in ways that force you into a context you don't yet understand. It's sometimes uncomfortable but fascinating storytelling (if you have the temperament) and elements become revealed as "guns" proper, but they don't always add up to something objectively satisfying as either cause/effect or observation/significance elements, I feel.

So, I'm very OK with guns becoming evident that never lead to a satisfying shot, but instead turn out to be blanks. Or, the caliber is far lower, the shot pattern extremely wide, compared to resulting in an expected crisp, single bullet hole. Because learning that your early beliefs of the blanks being evidence of real bullets was wrong or that a particular gun was not as equally significant in impact as others, could be part of entertaining storytelling, as well.

How much do you want to paint or wax colourful, to make the "guns" blend more into a tapestry vs a series of targeted results? Up to you, but I believe in the "guns" as useful storytelling tools, even when they misdirect or misinform.

I had a long day fixing a kitchen appliance install for a friend, so am winding down now and hopefully didn't mangle your point :)
Lol. I’m working on a story connection to the Silver Ring. Why did Rachel give it to D instead of keeping it? Where did Rachel get it from? I currently have ideas from the sentimental to the sexual.

3.80 star(s) 320 Votes