RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think the real question is will we be able to have a relationship with both Jennifer and Georgina in Chapter 3?

And another one - will Mr. Dots switch to better image compression? webp at high quality has much better image size than jpeg, with similar image quality.
Since my graphics knowledge is dated at best, would switching to webp from jpeg have a negative effect on combining the multitude of separate updates into one game at the end of DMD?
If Mr.Dots plans to release DMD as a single unit.

End of DMD too sad to think about. :cry:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Since my graphics knowledge is dated at best, would switching to webp from jpeg have a negative effect on combining the multitude of separate updates into one game at the end of DMD?
If Mr.Dots plans to release DMD as a single unit.
If we're thinking about a combination of all chapters into one ... that will be quite a large package, I suspect! Regardless of which image formats are chosen.

But if things go that way, the main compatibility issue in such a case might be whether common elements - such as for menus, navigation, etc. - changed between previously delivered chapters. That is, maybe a right arrow for Save screen navigation was previously a .JPG but in Chapter 3 became a .WEBP (which otherwise looked the same.) If something like that happened, I suspect that combining all game chapters into one package would simply lead to referencing a consistent set of common images by easily searching out old filename references and replacing them with the latest names.

Otherwise, the Ren'Py documentation doesn't seem to indicate you can't combine different image formats in a single package, let alone a single screen.

End of DMD too sad to think about. :cry:
Geez, we just got Chapter 3 and already the end is in our minds again! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... *

Reactions: RustyV

IPkiss

Sep 12, 2017
I think the dog scenario could start very sweetly and innocently keeping in line with D's nature. What is more sweet and cute than a girl being affectionate with her beloved pupper? And then. . .
Nooooooooooooooo way not our sweet D. I can envisage Rachel walking alone at night ….when suddenly from out of the misty darkness one , two no ten fugly horny mutts, complete with all the doggy diseases, trap her and then tear all her clothes to shreds and take it in turns to ravage every hole again and again. Her cries of pain/enjoyment....no its Pain heard by no one as Biscuit (delete biscuit) the muttly crew continue with their savage and lustful doggie business .

Reactions: victkh

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
if chap 3 will be same sized or bigger than prev chs then total size would be over 9GB and unless has 100MB or higher netspeed then it'd take a while to download that as 1 packet.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
I will ask about the image issue.
I noticed this too when correcting some animations (cutting off 0,x sec black screen), and the file were 1/7th the size when doing it lossless same resolution. There are some very sizeable upgrade to strive for.

Attached example.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
I noticed this too when correcting some animations (cutting off 0,x sec black screen), and the file were 1/7th the size when doing it lossless same resolution. There are some very sizeable upgrade to strive for.

Attached example.
The quality of the compressed animation is a lot worse than the normal one.

Reactions: Jandalf

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Nooooooooooooooo way not our sweet D. I can envisage Rachel walking alone at night ….when suddenly from out of the misty darkness one , two no ten fugly horny mutts, complete with all the doggy diseases, trap her and then tear all her clothes to shreds and take it in turns to ravage every hole again and again. Her cries of pain/enjoyment....no its Pain heard by no one as Biscuit (delete biscuit) the muttly crew continue with their savage and lustful doggie business .
"doggy diseases"?

Oh shit, Rachel is gonna get parvo.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
The quality of the compressed animation is a lot worse than the normal one.
I welcome the criticism, but I can't spot any difference having the linked videos going side-by-side, nor with previews from said files. I think you're seeing a compressed version by opening it through your browser, and judging by that. Can't even spot blurred pixels at moving parts like the hair. I admit to not having done any serious videoediting. Chances are many should be able to do better :whistle:
Still, my point stands. 1/7 the filesize would hinder reoccurring problems with the large project size.

*took another look, and spotted wall-textures get a tiny bit smirred during movement. But that's nitpicking details compared to the size-difference. Then up the bitrate abit, and you get a nice enough result that can't be spotted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wookie
Apr 16, 2019
anyone willing to take a guess at a problem im having?

this is my first time playing the game, im on CH 1, at the store where D wins either gym clothes or a bikini. i made a couple saves here, one for gym clothes and then one for the white bikini and one for the first bikini (the best imo). but when i load a save, and scroll back through the text it wipes the stats and sets everything to zero, erases our names, everything. does anyone know WTF is going on?
If you load up a save and scroll back, everything resets. You have to load and keep going from there. If you want to try another option, use a previous save. I always save BEFORE any choice like that, and this paid off on DMD as doing another way bugs out the game.

As a tip, for any game that events happen one after another and the calendar day matters I always make a save as soon as a new day starts. Worst case scenario I just do that day again, skipping the text.

This is not needed for novels where you can just skip days and then get back at the events, like events that happen on X day only so to progress you skip an entire week until you have that timeframe back again.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
*took another look, and spotted wall-textures get a tiny bit smirred during movement. But that's nitpicking details compared to the size-difference. Then up the bitrate abit, and you get a nice enough result that can't be spotted.
Honestly who is going to look at the wall when you have naked D performing a sex act? o_O
I am not saying attention to detail is not important, that is often the difference between a craftsman and a sluggard.
If there is a glaring faux-pas it will call attention to itself but most likely only if it occurs on a character, i.e. blurred hair texture. But minor details for most people will go unnoticed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Magixian

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Change subject (This option will close the MMF route with Martin later in the game) is not the only option to stop D and Martin having sex. You can curtail Martin's advancements by letting D answer for herself in Martin's office when D and the MC asks to borrow his VW van.
I have no way of knowing but it's a pretty good bet there will be other chances to stop D and Martin having sex. Mr.Dots seems to like to build up any significant D "corruption" from a trivial incident with many off ramps on the way.
For instance when D and Elena and the MC are returning from their "field trip" to the country D removes her panties and then the situation obliges her to wander around the train without them, but othewise fully dressed. Later after the trio returns to D's hometown the MC has the choice of returning her undies in the car which causes D to admit (and to some extent introduces the inclination toward that sexual activity to the MC) she liked the thrill of being "exposed" in public which leads to further public activity, or you can say nothing and return her silky dedicates later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qmil679

Mahfuz

May 30, 2019
I have played v19 last time. Can i play from that position if I download v21 ????They were on a trip through train I can remember. I just want to play from that moment

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The first meeting that has important decisions with D and Martin is when he visits us for the first time? I forgot exactly at what moment it was. I am trying to remember what option I chose .. but I hope that I chose the right one that closes D and Martin's route if it happens at all.

Accept the compliment (this option will open the MMF route with Martin later in the game)
- or Change subject (This option will close the MMF route with Martin later in the game)

How well do I think this second option closes the D thread with Martin in the future?
Don't worry that won't matter at all.You can choose whatever you want at the start of ch.2.And also we can put points on the stats we like-boobs,ass,sharing,BDSM etc.

Reactions: Qmil679 and RustyV

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I have played v19 last time. Can i play from that position if I download v21 ????They were on a trip through train I can remember. I just want to play from that moment
yes you can.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The first meeting that has important decisions with D and Martin is when he visits us for the first time? I forgot exactly at what moment it was. I am trying to remember what option I chose .. but I hope that I chose the right one that closes D and Martin's route if it happens at all.

Accept the compliment (this option will open the MMF route with Martin later in the game)
- or Change subject (This option will close the MMF route with Martin later in the game)

How well do I think this second option closes the D thread with Martin in the future?
Since MDots is not going to write the program to carry your Chapter 2 data automatically Over tomChapter 3, and you will input your path decisions via a questionnaire at the beginning of Chapter 3, there is no need to replay Chapter 2.

Reactions: cloudfw
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes