Unreal Engine Abandoned Dating Simmer [v0.139] [TheDegenerates]

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
ddylr47-5d12df6e-2e9a-488a-83d4-2e45b5ff9ffd.jpg

Overview:
Dating Simmer is an intimate, interactive and sensual sex simulator run in the Unreal Engine. In these current demos, it is an open world 3D figure and design technical showcase.
As always, we hope these demo will allow a greater range of freedom to test these systems, that will form the basis for further gameplay creation. Please check developer notes and previews for information on the latest tech preview!
(control pdf also in dev notes)​

Thread Updated: 2021-02-05
Release Date: 2021-02-05
Developer: TheDegenerates - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.142
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

Win
(RT Tech Preview R1.1): - - - - -

Previews:

vs.png AlittleToxic.png TooLongForMemes.jpg chrome_2021-01-16_05-42-04.jpg 2nd resized.jpg StrandBasedHair.png

Last edited:

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
WSAD ground movement, Space to Jump, Shift to toggle flight, F to toggle hover, Z for slomo, tap A or D while in flight to barrel roll, right click to focus perspective, alt to crouch, CTRL+ 1 through 8 to play the build in dance animations. Camera Controls: Tap 'C' to switch camera shoulder, Hold 'C' to toggle FIrst/Third Person
*We recommend holding right mouse button down while flying to keep the camera tight
Not in a million years.

Reactions: Takkertje

orrayt3x

May 23, 2017
great animations, but yeah besides that there's literally nothing you can do in this demo

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
great animations, but yeah besides that there's literally nothing you can do in this demo
We intended for this very first release to just act as a tech demo, to showcase some of the movement systems in hope people would be interested in what could be built on them. Content shown in the additional trailer previews is more indicative of what will come shortly in the next Alpha and Beta.

Last edited:

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Right off the bat, you're making a mistake nearly every first time UE developer makes: you have turn off the VR plugin in UE. For whatever reason, it's on by default, so those of us who have VR headsets plugged in have SteamVR launch automatically, even though this isn't a VR game.

Reactions: candy76041820

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
Right off the bat, you're making a mistake nearly every first time UE developer makes: you have turn off the VR plugin in UE. For whatever reason, it's on by default, so those of us who have VR headsets plugged in have SteamVR launch automatically, even though this isn't a VR game.
We actually have VR support for the upcoming Alpha - but we should have turned it off for the tech showcase, thanks for pointing this out.

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
I understand this is a tech demo so you can obtain other individuals thoughts of your character. But in my humble opinion and despite the good art work. You may have pulled the trigger on demo release to early and that can potentially drive clients whom could have supported you away. Simply due to the lack of content. Gamer's come here to find something to do, provide them a mystery, a story, action/ or what have you, game'rs will try it out and provide feed back.
At this stage with only a walking area and good 3d model one can not interact with, what incentive are you giving me to down load it.
This is just a humble opinion based on that which is read in this forum here. In that your demo promotional photos above look great and in reading the above interaction. gives me no reason to download at this time. However I will wait to see what you are planning to do with this.
And if you don't mind prove your players a key binding option so your plays may be able to set their keyboard up to who they like to play. I main come one some of use are lefties. rofl sorry just thought that would be funny. hope it does not offend anyone.
While typing this and not downloading the game missed the VR, Thanks Kraoro. At this time ther are many of us that don't have a VR set up and enjoy playing via keyboard.

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
While typing this and not downloading the game missed the VR, Thanks Kraoro. At this time ther are many of us that don't have a VR set up and enjoy playing via keyboard.
If you don't have a VR headset, a developer not turning off the plugin won't affect you at all. And it's not actually a huge deal if you do own a VR headset, it's just mildly annoying, because you can't quit SteamVR without quitting the game, and if you have a VR headset with built-in headphones (which I think at this point might just be all of them) then you have to manually switch the audio output from the headset back to your regular speakers or headphones. The game still plays on the regular monitor just fine.

It's really common with games here on F95 that use UE, because like I said, for some strange reason Epic has the option turned on in UE by default, which doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: Simmer529

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
Jonah Arkon There are some interesting points there that I feel I can go into without typing too much. A lot of it comes down to why release a tech demo instead of an actual demo at all, afterall it's not a fully fledged launch without a certain level of content in it right? We released the tech demo (albeit whilst also including what actual alpha and beta content would look like in video preview 1 and 2), because we wanted feedback on those specific systems. Whilst the content present in just the demo might not attract everybody, the movement, perspective and model present in the demo, and ofc how all of these work together, forms the foundation for further gameplay to be built on. And some people might be interested in what that could turn out to be. I did also believe that being able to toggle in and out of flight as well as slow motion gave just about enough grounds to review those systems on. The Alpha and Beta we intend to release in relatively quick succession will be less of a tech demo, and those will should most definitely give you the ability to change keys to your preference. Hopefully those releases will interest you more, and thanks for letting me know what you thought of this release. :)

Reactions: Torquemadder

bashkir3230

Jul 4, 2018
Is this like that game "destiny" which was literally sold on steam as "early-access" but just had some cheap daz3d models doing stock animations and was never updated? Because it feels exactly like that

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
Is this like that game "destiny" which was literally sold on steam as "early-access" but just had some cheap daz3d models doing stock animations and was never updated? Because it feels exactly like that
Unfortunately the only Destiny I can find from steam or anywhere else is Bungie's, and I have to assume you don't mean that so I can't compare (though that too does suffer through a lack of updates). That said, if you feel like the animations in
are stock animations, I wouldn't know what to say... They aren't but I really don't think they look close to that. Same with the model :) We're going straight into Alpha by the end of this month, and Beta mid February, and I think that's pretty good going.

Last edited:

Subdivider

Aug 7, 2019
Nice integration for AdvancedLocomotionSystemV4)..And so what are the features of this project?
LOL-flying-girl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: evaw

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
Nice integration for AdvancedLocomotionSystemV4)..And so what are the features of this project? or what is unique. Is it a dating simulator,a sandbox,a quest adventure with different mechanics or what?You need something to interest the player, make him experience the delight and surprise of a new experience, or an advanced high-quality technical part+at least some sense or an interesting plot,so that there is a desire to stay in the game
Dating Simmer is an adult content game, so while all of the standard game theory applies to it, I think the priority should (and in our case will) be on the framing of the content, the animation, and directly tied to both of those the design of the model and any subsequent models. The greatest effort will be going into these things and we hope to be able to get those things to a very high level. That's not to say your points aren't important, it's still a game and they are important to any game, and we're very likely to have sandbox elements, interactive elements (more than simply posing a model manually) a loose storyline or setting, as well as optional gameplay elements (as well as VR mode). The tech demo hopefully shows how many of those things could be integrated. :) But they may be initially secondary in priority. It's quite likely that we'll change some of those elements depending on the feedback we get during alpha and beta tests, so don't take them as fact, but that's what they're there for.

Last edited: