3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018

DFD Chapter 18 - Released For Free!

Note:

DFD CH18 has many ‘special scenes’ depending on the girl you have been interacting with most on previous chapters. Therefore, to get a scene, you need a specific set of variables to be right (this can be hard, especially if you’re using a generic backup to play).

In order to ease this situation, we’ve created a set of cheats that allow you to get exactly what you want (or explore different paths) which you can find !

Play Online:
Download (Windows):

Do you need a backup for the online version? ->

Please report any potential bugs or issues in #beta-testing on our Discord channel -

Last edited:

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
While I get that you are excited about new projects, you hopefully understand the optics of finishing previous projects, right? I mean, if you are no longer invested in working DF, that's fine: make all of it free and available for download. A fully-functional game from start to finish is the best free advertising you are EVER going to get. Being a penny-pincher about a product that you've moved on from seems...well, grubby.

As well, you are trying to get DH off the ground, but the chapters you have made available lack a lot of the basic ingredients that tend to draw us to these sorts of games Hint: an upskirt picture of someone's underwear is not really engaging us in the storyline. I get that there is a good backstory brewing there, and you want an organic evolution to the fooling about stuff, but when you don't make that available for us to see begin to happen, you are essentially diverting your potential subscribers elsewhere.

Now, before some knucklehead says I just want free stuff, understand that I am one of your Patreon subscribers, and I want others to become subscribers as well. More subscribers means you dedicate more time to create content. By suggesting that we pay a) to finish a game, and b) pay to see anything sexy is charging too much in a very small convenience store where yiu only have pictures of the products being sold. Only the desperate or dumb are going to frequent such a place.

That's just my two euros' worth, adjusted for economic pressures.
DFD18 beta was released today. We are also releasing DFD epilogues every month on Patreon, so its not like we have given up on DFD. We love the game :) And I definitely agree with merging all chapters into one single game. And that is also our plan. Keep in mind we are a very small studio and making all of this on a monthly basis with a small dev team is extremely challenging and takes a lot of time. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I'm not sure why you're being condescending and I'm not sure what DH has to do with DFD, but you and your team have stated on multiple occasions that your goal is to release the free version 6-8 weeks after the Patreon release.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-17-palmer.5291/page-242#post-1264525
[Highlight mine]

I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation and making a supposition that most of the team's efforts are now being directed into the new projects rather than on the remaining free releases for DFD. Perhaps this is incorrect, but that does not change the reality of the first statement that the free release of DFD Ch. 18 is now 17 weeks past the Patreon release and that the desired 6-8 week time frame is long past.

The fact that you've released now 2 episodes of DH for free despite the Patreon release of DH Ep. 1 coming a full month later than DFD Ch. 18 is just another indicator that the vast majority of your production efforts are focused on the new projects.

If that's true, then power to you. If it's not then please feel free to correct the record, but I'm not trying to lambaste you or your work, just shedding some light on the situation. Perhaps while caught up working on the new projects, you or your team had not even realized that it had stretched out quite so long and bringing it up like this will spark some interest in addressing that.

SS sources:

"To restate what we've said before and what it says on our Discord #info channel: the time frame for the free versions are approximately 6-8 weeks after Patreon release."

If you think I was condescending I apologize. That was obviously not what I intended. But please read the bold text above. It says "approximately 6-8 weeks". I think that statement is pretty clear and it has been our goal all along. We have never said "It will be released 6-8 weeks after Patreon release". In June we released two chapters of DH, and today we released DFD18 beta, which means 3 free games in a month. We are doing our best to deliver both free material and Patreon material with a very small dev team. Thank you for your feedback man.

Reactions: Endrju

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
View attachment 345057

DFD Chapter 18 - Released For Free!

From our Discord:

Help us test DFD CH18 before we release it to the public for free!

Play Online:
Download (Windows):

Do you need a backup for the online version? ->

Please report any potential bugs or issues in #beta-testing on our Discord channel -
Thanks a million, Z/LoveJoint & Palmer too, if you join in that love!

Thoughts from me, as thanks in terms of one player's honest feedback - bigger pictures and smaller details ...

First to say: I played the "Heidi as girlfriend" choice from a previous episode.

Maybe I'll go back and also play the other longer-term options, partly for the possibility of sex with the other girls, partly out of curiosity how much difference it makes to the storyline(s) of the game! (Although I also feel, going back to playing EVERY girl-choice option is not only cheating reality with fantasy - it's also cheating fantasy, if you see what I mean! :D )

Second: I've really enjoyed this game, as I've noted a few times before (also on Newgrounds), on previous episodes. Many, many thanks, Palmer, Lovejoint, tean, for all your efforts.

From here, I'm going to loosely arrange this feedback into comments on:

A. Plot (visual/text combo; whether the impetus there came from graphic artist, wordsmith or someone else, I am unsure)
B. Artwork, graphics
C. Script, text work

A1. It's odd to me in this episode (to repeat: playing the "Heidi = gf" option) that there isn't more love & affection - beyond hawt physical sex acts, and beyond the characteristic joshing comments from Heidi that mask but suggest her concern for the MC! Meaning: they don't kiss, hug, touch bodies at all in this episode, apart from when naked! I understand both are holding back a bit, not just because Heidi is not really the emo-demonstrative type, but because both are aware the MC may be jail-bound - perhaps for ever, it seems (which btw seems excessive)!

(Maybe it's just me - having committed to each other (prison-dependent!), can't they have a hug, a snog, say something slightly ... affectionate at some point?)

A2. Strange to me, when the aunt has been shown to be manipulative, Moe to feel awkward, & as remorseful as a man like Moe ever would, & Amanda has come clean to the MC she was tricked by the two of them, it seems strange to me that this episode swings so heavily towards a presumption of guilt of the MC. That the atmosphere and bias in the episode is towards the strong likelihood he's going to be put away, for many years. ~ For what exactly, when he's been set up in a great con/sting etc, particularly by the aunt??

A3. I can see for sexy-scene purposes why the MC would be talked by Heidi into going up-country in search of clues at the location whee the MC spent a previous wiped-out night. But otherwise, as an event in itself, it looks a wild goose chase.

What would Heidi expect to find up there?? Condoms?? A gun? Moe's car? It seems a bit short of logic - unless obviously Heidi just wants some jiggy time with MC somewhere out of town, and an excuse. Which didn't seem originally to be her intention. (And would they need to go so far out of town?)

A4. Would the MC actually boast to a recently-snubbed Amanda after the trip with Heidi that "found nothing, but Heidi and me had a good time"? Seems a bit heartless, and gratuitously triumphalist. :D ~ Why not just tell Amanda e.g.: "but we were able to talk about the case. And it was good for ... bonding." Would be subtler, sexier too!

A4. As it is, the MC leaves everything to Saul. Doesn't insist on Amanda being called as a witness, sets no conditions at all. Ok, this is for knife-edge dramatic effect again - I get that - but surely, in the MC's circs, where he doesn't trust Saul any more than he might a cobra, he'd be a little bit less abject in abandoning himself to Saul;s good or ill faith than that, & basically capitulate to whatever Saul has in mind??

B. Fantastic work on Heidi's body, the intercourse sequence with her looks ... errrm, *cough* very good, & the girl herself looks sensational in this episode: full-bodied voluptuous, well-rendered, skin/flesh well-textured (I am not really an "ass man", but that is also a great posterior sight Heidi shows the MC and us!)

Just one snag - the usual one in this game. That "FGM" look! Post-coitus, Heidi just shows a gap that the fluids slowly leak from. Personally, not only curly fuzz, but sex-fattened, engorged wet labia are a big part of the deal! :-O But the graphic artist seems very shy of swollen anatomy, especially lower lips, which is always a pity! :-(

Good-to- great artwork generally. Even those stock/recurrent stills, that reflect a character's changing moods and reactions against the theme background music, remain impressive!

C. (Text/dialogs) - Sharp script, as always!

1. Chef Ramsay reference & by-play - neatly done!

2. Police cuffs, the idea expressed by MC of using them on you (Heidi) for sex? - better still, the "taser your balls!" comeback (by Heidi) - made me chuckle! Well done. Sex repartee is very good in the game generally.

3. "Heidi must have been a stripper at some stage" - love that idea, sexy, even if a sort of joke. She'd be perfect, obviously ....

4. I love the scriptwriter's implication at a couple of points that "MC to jail = immediately terminated relationship". Obviously, she relents a bit in other places. But she never commits to any visits or any more affection (let alone sex) for the MC, if he's put away.

Exciting - is the tension in Heidi's withholding of any promises at all, an element of ?threat? even. And with it, the thought (obviously) that Heidi would immediately look for a relationship & hot sex - probably also companionship, too! - with someone else, another guy. She wouldn't wait. Because of the fickleness it suggests - the lack of commitment even to any prison visits? No, just the thought Heidi is a hot, sexual being who needs her sex (and affection - and no doubt, human & male company) from someone, urgently.

So I like that bit of potential extra hazard in the script. Not sure you need to suggest jail for the MC is near-inevitable (see A2 above) in order to make Heidi's high sexuality and strong, determined personality so pronounced, so obvious ... but I like Heidi's characteristic "hot-bloodedness" in a very cool exterior!

5. Disappointing perhaps, straight after the hottest of sex with Heidi, the MC burbles (to camera? or even to Heidi?!? - I can't remember) about the two of them, both of them "having a good time"!

Surely it HAS to be a *GREAT* time, a *BRILLIANT* time *together*? And maybe some compliment to Heidi (to her face) or (to us) about Heidi what a terrific (and knowing, and sensitive) sex partner she is, or something? :D ~ Small text edits would be needed there: but little things can mean a lot! Give that redhead Venus her due! :D

Thanks again anyway, for a mighty game!

Last edited:
Reactions: Palmer

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
Holy blue HELL!! I'm finally trying this one out an I'm on chap 2. I'm doing the bar mini game an mother of balls that's fucking lol hard. I Keep running out of time or I cant find the damn drinks lol

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yea it was good update just bit sexless.

Holy blue HELL!! I'm finally trying this one out an I'm on chap 2. I'm doing the bar mini game an mother of balls that's fucking lol hard. I Keep running out of time or I cant find the damn drinks lol
it takes few attempts.

Reactions: SandmansMisery

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
yea it was good update just bit sexless.

it takes few attempts.
Yea I figured, I'll probably say fuck it do the other chick dont feel like sitting here for 2 hour just on a mini game lol. Would have been nice to have the name displayed so you could read them without hovering.

Reactions: CassidyPRO

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I hope someone would upload all the CGs at the end. The game is extremely wordy in a tedious way and I do not want to go through it a second time to see different scenes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Sexless? There are sex scenes with each girl in this one, but its obviously dependent on what choices you've made before in order to get one :)
banged them all but onlyscene was with amanda.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
only bad thing was that I had to replay ch17 again since ch 18 didn't recognize that I had played it (same thing with 17 and 16).

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes