Ren'Py - Abandoned - Days with Sun [v0.1] [Ghost-Potato]

1. 3.00 star(s)

zugzezug

Here are my thoughts after playing v0.1:

Visually, Days with Sun seems to be doing pretty good, I don't have much criticism here: decent characters, nice animations, alright scenes etc. If this is the dev's first time messing around with daz3d, they're doing great. However, when you take into account some other aspects of the game, it is currently unpleasant to play.
    When it comes to the story, as of now, this doesn't shine among others. 0.1 provides us the MC's background only so I can't give a verdict yet. An interesting choice was made inside of it which I think could've been handled better/differently, while still conveying the same emotion it is supposed to.

(The choice: )
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    The pacing of the story is a bit too fast in my opinion and I hope it won't stay the same as the game progresses. There are also almost no choices so far, but I wouldn't deduct points for that, as it's in early development.
    The main problems right now are the dialogue and, by far, the lack of
    PROOFREADING. I think that the interactions between characters often feel unnatural or lack weight when they should, whether because of novice writing or poor English. The language barrier is clearly an issue here.

I wouldn't be wasting my time writing this review if I didn't feel like the game has something meaningful to offer, but the dev has to step up their work in the areas mentioned previously. Should you play it as it is, now? Sure, give it a go, but don't go in with high expectations. In the future this could turn out to be a really good game. Will it though? That remains to be seen. I hope I provided enough constructive criticism.