Daz 3D beginner in need of directions

Cottoncloud

Apr 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

First of all I'd like to start with how awkward it is for me to make this topic in the first place, usually I am not bad at figuring out how things works... but in case of Daz 3d that's not the case, in all honesty I did not feel so lost when exploring Unity Engine.

I'd like to request help from people familiar with Daz 3d, would it be by pointing me to proper guides, sharing some of their experience or pointing out base resources needed for crafting a scene.

Now, to be more specific. Daz 3d to me feels like empty tool that requires downloading assets would it be through store or open source materials uploaded all around the web... and I assume that that's the case. My biggest issue at the moment is not knowing what content I need to make things work. After some trial and error exploration and sort of blind download of assets I ended up in loop of:

Genesis 8 Female, adding Genesis 8 Female Genitalia and Real Pussy assets posted on f95zone.

Result is Genesis 8 Female with gray pussy, I was able to adjust colors of pubic area itself, but... adjusting colors will not make it match Genesis 8 Female body, I have same issue with Genesis 8 Female Genitalia alone, without adding Real Pussy assets. Before someone answers 'Just apply texture', yup, I'd love to do just that but either I am to blind to find one, or have no idea how to do it even after reading a guide...

Alternative request. If you are kind soul knowing their way around Daz 3d and know free assets that would make for bare minimum to accomplish goal of creating female nude character and are willing to list them, it'd help me greatly. This way I'd be able to go through the process knowing that I should have everything that is needed to accomplish said goal, allowing me to focus on understanding Daz 3d itself, rather then struggling unsure if I even have all that I need.

Last but not least. If you wish to respond with: "Why not using assets XXX instead of G8F" or "Why not using BBB instead of Daz 3d" ... sure, but please tell me why you'd chose one over the other, so I could form my own opinion based on it and chose tool best suited to what I wish to achieve.

Reactions: Steve Carter

Steve Carter

Apr 28, 2017
I'd recommend downloading assets from the asset release thread here an F95 to try them and then if you find them useful you can buy them from their respective store. For Genesis 8 Female Genitals I'd go with Golden Palace. It's much more versatile than any other female gen and it has a feature to automatically copy the materials from your figure to the genitals. Its pretty easy to use. Also I'd recommend Realistic Strips for genital hair. You can use normal hair shaders on the hair to match the curtains with the drapes.

Reactions: Diaz234

3dbrah

Jun 20, 2020
I have been able to install some content from the asset release thread as you mentioned. However, Daz Studio gives me an error notification when I try to open it. I dont know how to proceed further.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I think the most confusing thing about daz3d is when you have to manually install assets, understanding what needs to go with what, and where. There are tutorials covering a lot of aspects of the software, on daz3d.com, here, renderosity, youtube, and you can even buy books/kindle e-books on amazon covering the basics.
But installing stuff from outside daz3d.com is a little bit tricky to me.

Stefani75

Jun 4, 2022
most of them have broken corrupted or missing files or simply just won't load an get error messages an are buggy.

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
most of them have broken corrupted or missing files or simply just won't load an get error messages an are buggy.
That could be an indication that you havent pointed Daz to your asset directory. Which is very easy to overlook....