Daz 3d - Camera view changing on me

The M.O.

Nov 27, 2020
Hello all. I am starting to do the first few renders for a project and I'm having an issue with the camera. I need to do some images in sequence so I set a camera from the view I was looking. When I was finished the first render and went back to the camera view I had set, the view had changed slightly. What is going on? Just so I'm with it, the camera is actually for setting a view and keeping it, that's it's purpose, right?

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
I've had the same thing. It's quite easy to nudge the camera by accident and not notice.
There's probably a way to lock it but my solution if I have an important camera position in a scene that I will come back to is just to create a spare camera in the same spot.
Then if my #1 position gets nudged or otherwise corrupted I just switch to the spare and create another spare.
You can also save the position as a camera preset file, but I prefer my spare cam method because it stays within the scene file.

Reactions: The M.O.

Jaghar

Sep 19, 2017
If I need to keep a view I always create a separate camera that I then lock in all directions and rotations.
1608805814160.png

Reactions: The M.O.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
You can tick the little arrow in the scene tab and it becomes unselectable. Personally I just hide it, it still works.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
It usually happens when you start typing something in a window but you deselect the area you are typing in (e.g. because you moused over something). Unfortunately single keys are also hotkeys to move the camera. So either lock the camera or remove all single button hotkeys or both. (latter being my preferred solution)

Jaghar

Sep 19, 2017
" you deselect the area you are typing in ", I REALLY wonder why they don't fix that you stay in the field you have put the curser in, annoying!

Reactions: SnubbLR

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
" you deselect the area you are typing in ", I REALLY wonder why they don't fix that you stay in the field you have put the curser in, annoying!
Yeah I don't want to know how often I broke the perfect camera angle I had that way. That's why I usually remove a lot of hotkeys.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Always remember to work in perspective view, if you need to check the cam view, switch to it, but then switch back immediately, or stuff like this will always happen^^

Reactions: mickydoo

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Always remember to work in perspective view, if you need to check the cam view, switch to it, but then switch back immediately, or stuff like this will always happen^^
Just to add to this, when you become a DAZ expert like me fuck up the camera like 300 times it becomes second nature to use perspective :D

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Happens to me to... regularly :HideThePain:
I seldom move the camera by mistake, only because its one of those things I did that often I deliberately set about "training myself" no to do it. But when I do do it, fuck I do some some ranting lol.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I seldom move the camera by mistake, only because its one of those things I did that often I deliberately set about "training myself" no to do it. But when I do do it, fuck I do some some ranting lol.
You simply can't avoid it unless you lock the transforms of the cam, but that sux too^^

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
So I wished I had known this before. Used to actually delete the shortcuts but camera movement via keyboard can be disabled quite easily.
In the top menu bar go to Edit > View > Keyboard Navigation or press Shift-K to disable.