Daz 3D to Blender

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
So Daz 3D currently has the place holder character im using for my renpy game. As my game is still very early stages i made a simple apartment im blender due to lack of free environment tools.

The problem is to render a scene i need both character and environment to do it but there both on different software, does anyone know how to get the character into Blender or the environment into Daz?

Or even know where i can get a dressable nude model on blender? I do have a site for that but the characters are rendered to high for my computer to handle.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hey? You can't quote anymore the 1st post? :unsure:

Blender env. to Daz is quite straight forward, export your obj+textures or fbx somewhere, import in daz, slap an iray shader on it (and put your maps where they belong if you have to). Tune surfaces here and there if needed and you're done.

Daz model to Blender require a bit more work. There is different methods, those two may be the most popular :

Reactions: Techn0magier

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Hey? You can't quote anymore the 1st post? :unsure:

Blender env. to Daz is quite straight forward, export your obj+textures or fbx somewhere, import in daz, slap an iray shader on it (and put your maps where they belong if you have to). Tune surfaces here and there if needed and you're done.

Daz model to Blender require a bit more work. There is different methods, those two may be the most popular :

Thank you, doing scripting rn but when i try it ill let you know how it goes, Question tho, could i not get the hole map exported into daz for character rendering in daz?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Thank you, doing scripting rn but when i try it ill let you know how it goes, Question tho, could i not get the hole map exported into daz for character rendering in daz?
Not sure if I understand well, but yes you can import your apartment into Daz studio.

export your obj+textures or fbx somewhere, import in daz, slap an iray shader on it (and put your maps where they belong if you have to). Tune surfaces here and there if needed and you're done.

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
export your obj+textures or fbx somewhere, import in daz, slap an iray shader on it (and put your maps where they belong if you have to). Tune surfaces here and there if needed and you're done.
What file am i exporting as? .dae? thers a few options.

Im not sure what you mean my iray shader, not done anything with that feature yet.

Thank you for the help.

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
What file am i exporting as? .dae? thers a few options.

Im not sure what you mean my iray shader, not done anything with that feature yet.

Thank you for the help.

Ok so I got it into daz not realizing how basic it would be but all the textures are black. How do i fix that?