Daz 3D

DominikX1

Jun 6, 2018
Hello
I have a small question. Today I bought 2 products in the Daz 3D store for 32 $ and when I wanted to buy 3 I saw the Interactive License. The same applies to the other two products. And I wanted to create a Ren'py 3D game. And do I have to have it to sell Game XXX
or start patreon and there to issue an update to games. So I have to buy the entire license for 30 $ :( if it can be bypassed ?? and if it is not required then it's ok. However, if it is maybe a link to free items. Home, school, park, etc. for every help, thank you very much, even answer
You need it
No, it is not needed
English is not my mother tongue and I apologize for the mistakes. :(

May 24, 2018
If you want free assets try the "Assets Released" Forum page here on F95.

If i understand your question correctly then no you don't have to buy assets on DAZ3d or Renderocity to make a 2d VN game and sell on Patreon.
Buying assets is just a very nice way to support the devs who do make them. They need the money too but it's your choice. Once you make animation movies then it becomes a case of buying licenses

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi Dominik,

The value that you pay, in this case $32 allows you to render any kind of image and make whatever you want with that image, inclusive using in commercial products.

The interact license is applied when you use a 3D engine with move, like Unity does. If you export from Daz to Unity and use in a game, you can be charged for that.

Acquiring assets outside the Daz marketplace is not exactly legal, but they will hardly detect that, but if they do, you can be charged for violating a license over those assets. There are a lot of free assets on Renderosity and ShareCg.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hello
I have a small question. Today I bought 2 products in the Daz 3D store for 32 $ and when I wanted to buy 3 I saw the Interactive License. The same applies to the other two products. And I wanted to create a Ren'py 3D game. And do I have to have it to sell Game XXX
or start patreon and there to issue an update to games. So I have to buy the entire license for 30 $ :( if it can be bypassed ?? and if it is not required then it's ok. However, if it is maybe a link to free items. Home, school, park, etc. for every help, thank you very much, even answer
You need it
No, it is not needed
English is not my mother tongue and I apologize for the mistakes. :(
I don't know why they implemented a button right next to it.... when you don't even click on it to see what the license is for:

It's not for renpy games... rendered images don't need the interactive license... this is for real time 3D games only.

DAZ LICENSE INFO PAGE said:
The Standard License Agreement for content purchased on the Daz 3D website allows you to do some really neat stuff. A few of those things are:

• 1- Render out images
  • 2- Render out videos
  • 3- Render out an HDRI or Virtual Reality scene

Reactions: Shadow Fiend