Daz 4.11 oficially released

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Dunno where to post it, so I'm just doing it here.

Seems like it was released today, some people got an update, but I didn't and if I hadn't searched for something in the Daz store I wouldn't know lol.
HF

edit: Oh and I don't mean the beta btw, I'm sure almost every Daz user has tried it anyway.

Last edited:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Whoa, wait...

Have you check if plugins like animate, keymate, graphmate and the sort get disabled in the official release?

Have someone check if there is some new kind of security/verification check for "shared" content?
(I did my best to not say pirated, arr!)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I tested a bit yesterday and everything worked as usual. All my "arr" assets where there and working. There is something new with the hair, but I forgot the name lol.
Whoa, wait...

Have you check if plugins like animate, keymate, graphmate and the sort get disabled in the official release?

Have someone check if there is some new kind of security/verification check for "shared" content?
(I did my best to not say pirated, arr!)

Nov 15, 2018
That new version looks nice. I'm glad it's finally out of beta, can't wait to try it.

Is there a trick I need to know about updating to it and staying safe? I guess I'm kind of paranoid I'll get in some kind of trouble for "borrowing" assets.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
One of the new features is strand based hair, but of course you may need supporting products for that.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Is it worth actually fucking about getting if you use the beta, i dont even know how to use dforce now, much less need a new daz for wavy hair in still pictures that dont move.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Haha... ive looked into using Hexagon it think it can be an asset to DAZ users...

It download fine, I was looking for another daz on my desktop but it uses the beta.

I use 3ds max so, I believe blender is even better than hexagon.

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Is it worth actually fucking about getting if you use the beta, i dont even know how to use dforce now, much less need a new daz for wavy hair in still pictures that dont move.
Strand based hair looks better than mesh hair.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I really want to learn to use that new feature, strand based hair with physics and collision sounds amazing.

Hate the static mesh haircuts with very limited morph options... "How can that damn bob-cut look like that when she's lying on bed!?"

dForce hair is amazing but sometimes is a pain to work with them.
Based on the promo video we can create strand based hair from scratch... not sure if we have all the tools needed or we need to buy them tho.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I really want to learn to use that new feature, strand based hair with physics and collision sounds amazing.

Hate the static mesh haircuts with very limited morph options... "How can that damn bob-cut look like that when she's lying on bed!?"

Based on the promo video we can create strand based hair from scratch... not sure if we have all the tools needed or we need to buy them tho.
It's all included. I experimented a bit with it, but it's not easy.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
4.11 is still bugged. The DAZ beta build 4.11.0.383 became the stable version.
There's a higher* chance that characters which rendered fine in 4.10 will render with artifacts in 4.11.

*='higher' because the same problem already existed in 4.10, it's just rare and barely visible.
Moving the character to xyz=0-0-0 helps, but does not fix the problem in all cases.

Since this beta is going mainstream now, I hope more users run into this and finally grab their torches and pitchforks to wake up the DAZ devs and/or Iray devs ... they are probably not even aware this issue. I guess not many artists pose their characters far away from the "center" - so only a few people ran into this in 4.10. But now the artifacts are worse in 4.11.

For now I will keep my DAZ stable at 4.10 as fallback and use 4.11 from the beta branch.

Also: RTX support in 2019? I bet that's not going to happen and I hope I'm wrong.
DAZ Steve Spencer quote.png

Last edited:
Reactions: recreation

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018

The promo video is outright lying.

Only Published Artists can make dynamic strand based hair.

Us pathetic, shit eating peasants can only make static strand based hair. If we want to do anything with it, we have to comb it into shape or buy more digital 3d dolly crack that actually has the functionality enabled.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
For those wondering how to start working with the new features here is a small video tutorial:

And more info here:
(Around the 13 minutes mark)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Also: RTX support in 2019? I bet that's not going to happen and I hope I'm wrong.
It already happened, I had to switch to the 4.11 beta to render in Iray with my 2070.
Can't say anything about the quality, since I don't really render yet (still so many things to learn before, and so few time to do it), but I assume that it's not bad since few people here use a 2070 for their rendering.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Okay they have the basic 20xx-series support.
As far as I know the 4.11 AI denoiser uses the 20xx-series Tensor-cores. That's 'nice to have' - but the big game-changer are the unsupported Ray-tracing-cores (RT). All 20xx-series cards still use regular CUDA. Based on > < I'd expect all 20xx cards to render at least twice as fast with support for RT-cores.

I don't own a 20xx card. My gut just tells me that when RT-cores are finally supported by DAZ Studio, Nvidia's the next gen is almost here ('Ampere', not the rumored 'super'-refresh).

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This actually just showed up in my installer so I figured I might as well upgrade. Holy crap the denoiser is fucking amazing... Images that took me hours to render I can do in a few minutes now. Fireflies are a thing of the past... Why, oh why didn't I try this when it was still in beta? Wow!

If you haven't upgraded yet, DO IT!

Edit: PS, I have a 1050Ti and the denoiser works great so you don't need a 20 series card for that. It's probably faster on one but I can render things in a few minutes now that used to take hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: mickydoo