DAZ - Adult Asset Recommendation

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I am intending to start doing some rendering using DAZ with a long (LONG) term plan of making a game. I have taken advantage of the sale and gotten plently of basic assets for 8 and 8.1 male and female models. However i'm unsure what are the best aditional assets to create adult renders. The areas i'm unsure on are male and female genitals, pubic hair and cum effects. I spent some time and identified the on and these would seem to be the best options:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
There are also the 'official' Daz3D male and female genitals that come with some of the premium figures.
I find them even more basic than the examples here, but....I also find some of the 3rd party ones a little too...uh...medical textbook explicit as opposed to VN game explicit for me. Or maybe it's a Hustler vs Playboy/Penthouse bias, LOL.

Reactions: always86

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
On the topic of pubes: I find that pretty much all of them look mediocre at best when you get close to them. The other problem with pubes that is not just a flat texture (like a LIE, but these all look awful) is that when you put some panties on the character your hair will poke through them. You can hide the hair but then you're limited to panties with no transparency or it'll look weird when you can't get a hint of the hair.

There's reasons beyond just aesthetics for the widespread shaving that goes on with Daz models :)

I find that realistic strips https://f95zone.to/threads/realistic-strips-2-g8f-v8.36347/ is half-decent at least. Careful, one of the preview pictures might give you nightmares!

always86

Mar 19, 2020
On the topic of pubes: I find that pretty much all of them look mediocre at best when you get close to them. The other problem with pubes that is not just a flat texture (like a LIE, but these all look awful) is that when you put some panties on the character your hair will poke through them. You can hide the hair but then you're limited to panties with no transparency or it'll look weird when you can't get a hint of the hair.

There's reasons beyond just aesthetics for the widespread shaving that goes on with Daz models :)

I find that realistic strips https://f95zone.to/threads/realistic-strips-2-g8f-v8.36347/ is half-decent at least. Careful, one of the preview pictures might give you nightmares!
Thanks for the input. I hadn't considered popthrough/ visability through undewear.

How feasible would it be to do 1 render with pubes no panties and then one panites no pubes, and then layer them? Appreciate time constraints might make this impractical.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

Good god!

Reactions: HornyRob

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for the input. I hadn't considered popthrough/ visability through undewear.

How feasible would it be to do 1 render with pubes no panties and then one panites no pubes, and then layer them? Appreciate time constraints might make this impractical.
I mean, sure, if you test it and you're happy with the result and fine with the time investment.

Depending on photoshop skills it might be easier to just add it there (not visible pubes, but the hint of them through panties).

I try to avoid getting stuck doing stuff like this 'cause I'm already stressed for time doing the number of renders I want monthly. But if pubes are important to your game/your artistic style/any other reason, you'll have to find a way that works for you I guess? :)

Aug 28, 2021
Never try, I remember seeing a video in which, to avoid poketrough of superposed(?) clothes, the guy render only the upper piece on a second (png) render, with exact same settings, camera, etc. It should be a lot faster to render than the previous.

After you just need to use whatever image edition tool to merge your two renders. Import each file, export, done. If your pc need 5 minutes to render the panties alone, you will be done in 6, if it need 15 to render, count 16 to finish.

I find this with things to check for easy transparency.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
There is no good pubic hair for Daz. Some fibermesh props looks very realistic but looks weird on figure with transmaped hair. It can be solved if you use all fibermesh hairs, for example Redzstudio. Moreover sometimes fibermesh pubic has problem with JMC morphs or just normal posing, so if you must use them better use hair and genital made by the same creator - NGV8 and 3feetwolf pubic.

Best female genittalia is NGV8. Second is basic Daz genitalia, but needs some expansion morphs and in some poses looks better when JMC correctors are off (must be done manually in "hidden" group).
Best male genitalia are basic Daz. It has good weight map and can be easy posed or enlarged. Sometimes it needs "show hidden properties" but works well. Dicktator is great but does not looks good with some character morphs (for example "heavy") or poses (especially flacid). XY genitalia looks terrible if you use morph deforming hip or thighs. If you use base character or M8 etc. it does not matter and can works well.

Most people forget about free tools in daz. Cum can be easy done with decal node. Creating transmap in PS, Gimp or even paint takes few minutes. Adjusting material little bit more.
decal.png
This decal I've made within 10 minutes. Looks little bit flat because I did not created bump map, but it can be done really fast.

Last edited: