Daz DAZ alternatives to render

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Unlike the similar post, I'm not looking for creating animation out of DAZ and importing it back to DAZ. I want to find a tool to animate and render characters from DAZ because DAZ itself has very poor animation possibilities and also takes much more time. I've tried Cinema 4d and it seems ok, but you have to struggle with materials.

DoubleLust

Feb 16, 2021
Learn Blender

use the bridge tool, at least it will give you a head start, next step will be to learn that daz hair functions like trash and convert it to particle hair

Reactions: Extrafantasygames

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I've tried Cinema 4d and it seems ok, but you have to struggle with materials.
that's the main problem you'll have with every other software, Daz/iray materials will never import properly, even when you use importers. Diffeomorphic has made some good progress in this regard, but even that is far from perfect.
If you really just want the Daz assets and do everything else in another software, then I'd suggest you create your own materials that you then just add to imported daz assets.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Quote: " because DAZ itself has very poor animation possibilities and also takes much more time ".

How long have you been using daz for? Have you tried animating in daz? What type/kind of animation have you tried? Can you show us some of your results? What about some of your bad results? Worst results?

Ok.
Quote: "I want to find a tool to animate and render characters from DAZ." Your answer is with these gentlemen:
DoubleLust and recreation just above.

If you want more info, please ask.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The other thing is make the animations in blender and import them back into daz. Last time I tried it I had some success, but I only know the basics of blender, and animation.

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
There is no real solid Daz to X work flow. As soon as you introduce geografts like genitals and so on things get messy. Even with diffeomorphic. If you want to animate and render in another program, you're gonna have to knuckle down and do some dirty work.

I've been trying to find a solid reproducible way of doing this for over a year now, and there is always some kind of problem. I want to render with cycles because it's faster by leaps and bounds. So far as it is Diffeomorphic is the best option there is. For blender anyway. I've experimented with using Maya or 3DSmax as intermediaries. but same no luck.

Give a shot. It can take some finagling, but it's your best shot. Also the Daz to Blender bridge is a waste of time don't even bother.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Geografts add bones, (usualy, since we are on f95, I think of genitalia by default.) But ok, let's think this over. Daz has a model, let's say gen8, with 120 bones (just an example). So you add a graft, like wings, or usualy a gentalia. Well it's no longer 120 bones.
I dont understand the problem you have.

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
It varies from instance to instance. Currently there are some vertex weights I haven't been able to track down causing some geometry to go hay wire. Other times it has to do with morphs not loading correctly or at all b/c of dependency/HD/blah blah blah. There are a tone of issues that can come up once you go out side of just exporting a plain GX.X model.

My point for OP was there is no good straight forward A > B without getting your hands dirty, but Diffeomorphic is the best so far. At least if you want to go to Blender.