Daz Animation help

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
OK I have spent a couple of hours looking to answer this question couldn't find the answer so here it goes.

I am doing an animation in DAZ studio using a Stimuli pose which has the animation built in.

The problem is when I add the poses to the male and female it moves both the figures to 0,0,0. Which is good because it lines them up. But then I have to move them to the bed where they should be and now my animation has the first key frame them on the bed but then the move back to 0,0,0 for the rest of the frames. Who do I "move" the entire animation?

I believe I have done this before but not sure how it's done.

Thanks.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
OK I have spent a couple of hours looking to answer this question couldn't find the answer so here it goes.

I am doing an animation in DAZ studio using a Stimuli pose which has the animation built in.

The problem is when I add the poses to the male and female it moves both the figures to 0,0,0. Which is good because it lines them up. But then I have to move them to the bed where they should be and now my animation has the first key frame them on the bed but then the move back to 0,0,0 for the rest of the frames. Who do I "move" the entire animation?

Thanks.
Perhaps you can select the two characters and create a goup with them, then move the group to your desired position.
This way you don't modify characters position, only group position, and that doesn't count in the animation.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Perhaps you can select the two characters and create a goup with them, then move the group to your desired position.
This way you don't modify characters position, only group position, and that doesn't count in the animation.
Thanks that seems to work.

Wow after I think I know what I am doing always hit another snag.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017

Thanks.
You can still move your enviroment .-) to suits figures on 0,0,0,

Reactions: Rich

Honey hunters

Jan 23, 2020
Hi guy I'm new in Daz and Ren'Py , I want to know how to create a sex animation for my visual novel, please help me if you know and give me some tip for making sex animation

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Hi guy I'm new in Daz and Ren'Py , I want to know how to create a sex animation for my visual novel, please help me if you know and give me some tip for making sex animation

and

Last edited:

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I see other people who make great renders of people touching each other which is very hard because of clipping. Is there any tricks other tricks other than you multi-person poses where it's done for you?

Sex scenes are so hard to line up contact.

Reactions: lancelotdulak

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I see other people who make great renders of people touching each other which is very hard because of clipping. Is there any tricks other tricks other than you multi-person poses where it's done for you?
Even pre-done poses or animations aren't a general-purpose solution, since they're generally done for the vanilla Genesis characters, and as soon as you start using other figures, they aren't "perfect" any more. Sadly, for the most part, there's nothing you can do other than very tediously fine-tuning positions.

One minor trick that sometimes works is to make use of the limited "collision" support that Daz Studio has for clothing. If you add a Smoothing Modifier to one figure and make the Collision object the other figure, Daz will try to reposition the mesh of the one to keep it from having poke-through with the other. But this only works in VERY limited situations, and usually looks bad in animations, because the frame-to-frame results will typically differ enough that things tend to look like they're jittering. So this technique may be better on static scenes than animations.

Sex scenes are so hard to line up contact.
Most definitely.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Even pre-done poses or animations aren't a general-purpose solution, since they're generally done for the vanilla Genesis characters, and as soon as you start using other figures, they aren't "perfect" any more. Sadly, for the most part, there's nothing you can do other than very tediously fine-tuning positions.

One minor trick that sometimes works is to make use of the limited "collision" support that Daz Studio has for clothing. If you add a Smoothing Modifier to one figure and make the Collision object the other figure, Daz will try to reposition the mesh of the one to keep it from having poke-through with the other. But this only works in VERY limited situations, and usually looks bad in animations, because the frame-to-frame results will typically differ enough that things tend to look like they're jittering. So this technique may be better on static scenes than animations.

Most definitely.
That's a fantastic tip Rich thanks! I dont have the need for it and if i did.. i .. might.. have thought of that.. eventually? Maybe??? :p