Daz Animation question - Interactions between two figures

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I have been playing around with Daz animation a bit and am making some progress but I still have one mountain to climb so I was wondering if anybody has any tips?

How do you sync up two seperate body parts during an animation?

I am thinking of things like the boob and ass massages in Dating My Daughter or My Sweet Neighbors. I can't seem to get the hand movement to match the target body part accuratly enough to make it believable. Is there any way to link them within Daz so that when one moves so does the other?

amd_dman

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2017
You cant. The easiest way to do this is to leave roughly 10-20 frames in between "rough keys" and scrub through where it doesn't look right.

In other words, set your animation with a good amount of gap in between your key frames, then scrub through and fix the smaller parts that don't look right with keyframes in between.

Also, you'll want a dedicated render box if you're going to do any sort of long animation. My box with 2x 980ti's and 2x Tesla K20's still takes around 8 hours to render a 6 second animation at 1280x720.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Unfortunately, Daz's animation support is, well, "limited." There are apparently other packages (e.g. iClone) that will allow you to export from Daz, animate, and then either render there or import back to Daz, but they're not inexpensive.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for the advice guys.

I have been trying to avoid going all proffesional and buying different packages for different scenes and to be honest the iclone samples I have seen don't look that great either. The movement is nice and fluid and they appear to be easier to put together but their renderer seems a bit pants.

I wil persevere with Daz and try and come up with scenes which play to its strengths (if I can find some) rather than driving myself nuts with stuff it can't do well.

As for hardware, I just have a lone 1080TI which I leave running overnight. It takes a few evenings to complete a whole scene but it works (eventually).

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I've been considering acquiring iClone, just haven't bit the bullet yet. From some discussion on the Daz forums, now that Daz has fixed their BVH import, it appears it's possible to export to iClone, doing the animation there, and then import back into Daz for the rendering. That's intriguing me. Saving my pennies...

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
That does sound intriguing.

If you do splurge on it then you will have to do a little mini-review for us.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Just a heads up if you plan on Animating DAZ figures. They have recently updated the EULA, So read up on this. As if you dont have the licenses for the Animated figures and DAZ find out, It can cause issues.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Just a heads up if you plan on Animating DAZ figures. They have recently updated the EULA, So read up on this. As if you dont have the licenses for the Animated figures and DAZ find out, It can cause issues.
It depends on what you're doing. If you're creating animations that are rendered as sequences of 2D images (or as movies) you're perfectly fine under their terms.

Terms of Use. Two Dimensional Works. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User’s other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User’s two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.
Where you get into problems is if you're actually bundling the 3D object into your program so that you can do 3D renders in real time. That's the "provided" clause. In that case, you need separate licensing from the vendor who created the asset. (And not all of them offer it.)

Reactions: redcherry

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
It depends on what you're doing. If you're creating animations that are rendered as sequences of 2D images (or as movies) you're perfectly fine under their terms.

Where you get into problems is if you're actually bundling the 3D object into your program so that you can do 3D renders in real time. That's the "provided" clause. In that case, you need separate licensing from the vendor who created the asset. (And not all of them offer it.)
For sure, 2D animations is fine. Just not 3D, As that requires the individual licenses too make the renders yours, So to speak. Something to do with the Meshes, Etc.

Reactions: redcherry

redcherry

Mar 11, 2018
Not to beat a dead horse, but yeah... You can't include the meshes in 3D format in a game without special licenses, but you can use renders of them as much as you like. Even if your game is just "rendering" the 3D model to the screen, if the model is in the game, and you aren't licensed, then you can't use it.