Daz beginner needs your help

Frostic

Mar 11, 2018
Hey guys.

I started to learn to use daz 3d recently and currently i try to figure out how to have a sky in my renders. I know there are backdrops but those are rotating always with the view. I would like to know if there is a possibility that the backdrop doesnt move with the camera view and just stays in place. Or are there maybe something like skyboxes i could use for my scenes.

Any help, tips and recomendations are greatly appreciated :)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
You can use HDRI domes, which you can rotate from "Environment", in "Render Settings"; this way, if you move the camera, you can rotate the dome to your liking.

Here's some:

Frostic

Mar 11, 2018
Thank you very much, that pretty much solved my problem.
I stíll have a lot to learn but its fun to do.
So thanks again for your help, very much appreciated :)

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hey guys.

I started to learn to use daz 3d recently and currently i try to figure out how to have a sky in my renders. I know there are backdrops but those are rotating always with the view. I would like to know if there is a possibility that the backdrop doesnt move with the camera view and just stays in place. Or are there maybe something like skyboxes i could use for my scenes.

Any help, tips and recomendations are greatly appreciated :)
You can use HDRI domes, which you can rotate from "Environment", in "Render Settings"; this way, if you move the camera, you can rotate the dome to your liking.

Here's some:
F95zone has a large collection of shared assets. You can also request assets to be shared here.
https://f95zone.to/search/62284383/?q=skies&t=post&c[tags]=asset-hdri&o=date&g=1
https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=assets/page=1/tags=2221,2256

Useful info:
About F95zone and How to Find Game Assets on the Internet.

Frostic

Mar 11, 2018
Regarding those assets on F95zone i got another question. Im learning Daz to create my own visual novel. Would there be any problem with licensing when i have patron and people would pledge to me. Im a little worried about the legal rights.

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Regarding those assets on F95zone i got another question. Im learning Daz to create my own visual novel. Would there be any problem with licensing when i have patron and people would pledge to me. Im a little worried about the legal rights.
No, any render you make with DAZ is owned by you. Even if they are made with pirated assets.

As long as you dont use the actual 3D models in your game you will be fine.

Reactions: Frostic

Frostic

Mar 11, 2018
No, any render you make with DAZ is owned by you. Even if they are made with pirated assets.

As long as you dont use the actual 3D models in your game you will be fine.
So just to clarify it some more.
It is good to use my renders inside any game engine, but exporting the actual models into any game engine isn't allowed?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
So just to clarify it some more.
It is good to use my renders inside any game engine, but exporting the actual models into any game engine isn't allowed?
Pretty much. You need a different license from them if you want to use the DAZ models themselves in a game engine. Since they still own the assets you are using and since their models arent really used in game engines its much riskier of being caught.

Since you own the renders you aren't even obligated to answer if they would ask if the renders are made with pirated assets. Not that it has ever happened somebody asked if the assets where pirated to start with.