Daz Daz being daz EYE problem

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Hello. I need advice with the eyes as you can see. I already change it to memory and tryed also to center everything. Changing to memory helped and as you can see on the picture it is less black but I can still see a bit of it. Anyone something ?

yyyy.png

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Is this related to sometimes getting the black squiggles on the face near the eyes, if your character is far away from the O point reference?

I've reduced that by switching Optimization to Speed and, of course, it went away when I moved the whole scene back to near 0,0 (although that can be a major hassle for a complex scene you already set-up)

Otherwise, I fire up Photoshop and zoom in 600-800% and do a pixel by pixel fix.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I don't think this is the black squiggle thing moose_puck is thinking of, as I've only had this particular type of issue with certain characters - usually only with iSourceTextures. Perhaps try changing eyes? Most eyes should work with each other, though you'd likely want to stick with the same generations of figures. If that doesn't fix the issue, Photoshop is probably the most valid option. Hyper-zooming in Photoshop isn't exactly necessary to fix this, though it does make life a little easier depending on the tool you're using. For this type of stuff, I find the Clone Stamp Tool to work best. The Spot Healing Brush Tool doesn't tend to play nice with eyes, and the lasso tool with Content Aware Fill isn't very consistent in this regard.

That said, t's barely noticeable in this lighting. And honestly, the only reason you noticed it is because you made it. More than not, people aren't going to notice this type of stuff unless you point it out to them. What stood out more to me was the redness of her nose. You'd make your life easier by getting it right in Daz, but giving a couple clicks with a soft desaturation brush over the reddest points will minimize most of it.

1754408_yyyy.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hello. I need advice with the eyes as you can see. I already change it to memory and tryed also to center everything. Changing to memory helped and as you can see on the picture it is less black but I can still see a bit of it. Anyone something ?
This?

dllhost_RisVT3iGR4.png

Hard to tell, if not the good ol center bug.
Few ideas tho:
If it's surface problem, it should be more or less consistant (more likely coming from sclera or eye moisture).
If you applied eyes from others skin, be sure you cleaned thoughtfully shader & maps before applying.
Not sure if incorrect UV could produce this, but worth nothing to double check.
Could be bounce glitch, if this try to rotate char with few mm and see if that still happen (should be rare tho).
Path length? If changed reset to default.

Last edited:

D Dave

Sep 8, 2021
That is fine, at first i thought it's a bursted vein from playing too long or having a bad screen.
It goes away on its own. Just cool her yes with cold water and tell her to stop watch tv, or play for some time.

Then i googled for "alkaptunoria" which is a rare genetic disease, in that case there is nothing we can do.
But it is not harmful either :)

She is fine.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I find that a lot of sclera's look pretty bad if your character looks sideways. Can't tell from these pictures but maybe they're looking as designed? :(

digitbrush

Apr 5, 2019
trying switching between memory and speed right before you render. if its on memory, switch to speed. and vice versa. youll find that it usually fixes it... it usually fixes it for me. also make sure your models are always at 0,0,0 and move the environment where you want them to be situated. the models can roam around the environment several hundred 100,500,800 etc without too much issue. its when you get into the thousands, issues arise.