DAZ Bridges? (Unity Bridge in particular)

h0rnyc0der

Jun 3, 2020
Hello everybody,

i just received some advertising mails from DAZ, promoting a DAZ to Unity bridge.
Tried to get an idea of what it actually does but the information DAZ provides is pretty limited.
Anyone tried this new bridge thingy already and could explain it to a 3D noob?
Currently i use blender as middleware (following some tutorials since i dont really know what im doing there).
Any input would be much appreciated!

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Well, a DAZ bridge is basicaly a functionality that facilitates moving characters/clothing/assets to a specific 3rd-party program straight from DAZ3D without the need of a middleware.

For the Unity bridge, just check the official daz notes (I'll post them here):
Setup Instructions:
  • 1- Install the Unity Bridge.
  • 2 - At the same time, have your Unity Project open for an automated process (using HDRP with 7.3+; we recommend Unity 2019.4).
  • 3- In Daz Studio: Open up your character in Daz Studio.
  • 4- Make sure any clothing or hair is parented to the main body.
  • 5- Locate Daz to Unity under File > Send to... > Daz to Unity.
  • 6- A dialog will pop up and choose where you wish to export to; choose an ‘Assets’ folder inside your project for Unity.
  • 7- Choose the name you wish the folder in Unity to be and choose what type of conversion you wish to do: either “Stash Mesh” (no skeleton), “Skeletal Mesh” (Character or with joints), or “Animation” (character must already be transferred).
  • 8- Choose which Morphs you wish to transfer
  • 9- Once you press accept, the file will transfer over in Unity.
  • If this does not happen automatically, locate the DTU file and launch the Daz to Unity bridge window via “Daz3D -> Open Daz3DBridge Window”, ensuring the DTU file is selected, and click the thumbnail button in the top right corner of the window.
  • 10- Attach the diffusion profiles under Assets/Daz3D/DiffusionProfiles to your HDRenderPipelineAsset (typically this lives in Assets/Settings/HDRenderPipelineAsset) in the Material -> Diffusion Profile List
  • 11- After that, you’re done and your character is ready for whatever comes next!
    *Please note that the import can take a few minutes, especially for a large or complex figure. The transfer will take longer on the first import.

Reactions: h0rnyc0der

h0rnyc0der

Jun 3, 2020
Thank you very much, i did not find that information myself on the DAZ homepage.
Guess im trying this, should be good for prototyping.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I wish I could help you more, but I'm a UE guy, not Unity sadly. If you want more info, check this link:

In the Notes section you will find usefull links.

Reactions: h0rnyc0der