Daz character being weird, upper thigh/hips

GaoChan

Nov 7, 2021
Simple renders, sitting and or laying causing upper thigh/hips to be weird? Previous Genesis 8 didn't have the same issue as much with posing, of course it can be fixed-
if the legs are moved or whatnot, but then you will never have poses other than the ones that don't end up making your avatar look like this?

I am too dumb to understand, any ideas?

1699577923585.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Looks like you've got some out-of-control "Joint Controlled Morphs" (JCMs). Typically these are caused by poorly made content (unusual on daz official content, sometimes seen on other paid sites, more common on "freebie" stuff) that is being applied incorrectly.

I can't recall the exact process now, but If you search these or Daz official forums you should find the procedure on how to find and fix these hidden morphs.

Reactions: GaoChan and Jumbi

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
You should be able to find it like this:

Select the character in the scene, go to parameters -> currently used. Something is probably applied that shouldn't be. If you don't find anything there, preferences -> show hidden and try those too.

I'm betting on flex quad left at 500%...

map7.jpg

Reactions: GaoChan and Jumbi

GaoChan

Nov 7, 2021
You should be able to find it like this:

Select the character in the scene, go to parameters -> currently used. Something is probably applied that shouldn't be. If you don't find anything there, preferences -> show hidden and try those too.

I'm betting on flex quad left at 500%...

View attachment 3075137
Thank you!! lots of small tweaks to the shape had been hidden so undoing them made simple sitting poses not break the pelvis.
It was "thigh bend,"not quad :p ty again

GaoChan

Nov 7, 2021
Looks like you've got some out-of-control "Joint Controlled Morphs" (JCMs). Typically these are caused by poorly made content (unusual on daz official content, sometimes seen on other paid sites, more common on "freebie" stuff) that is being applied incorrectly.

I can't recall the exact process now, but If you search these or Daz official forums you should find the procedure on how to find and fix these hidden morphs.
1699625117790.png
My issue was these ones that caused odd thigh/hip.
Thank you!!

Reactions: osanaiko