Daz Daz cloth breaking up in Marvelous Designer simulation

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
So this problem only occurs in clothes that have buttons, zippers or any item that is attached to the cloth, even threads. As the pic below shows, those items which were attached to the cloth breaks off during simulation even on precise collision preset. Anybody got any solutions?

1691268344905.png

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Never used the software myself but from what I understand it happens when the buttons etc. aren't actually attached to the clothing. So google how to do that.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I'm more intrigued why there is a huge vulva on the dress :unsure:

For your question, more likely they are 'anchored' mesh (buttons...) that make sense with dForce (with their own weight map probably) but not much when exported. Fastest trick should be to merge them with the cloth.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
I'm more intrigued why there is a huge vulva on the dress :unsure:

For your question, more likely they are 'anchored' mesh (buttons...) that make sense with dForce (with their own weight map probably) but not much when exported. Fastest trick should be to merge them with the cloth.
how to merge them?

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
There is no sculting involved, just merge the meshes.
That said Daz->Blender->MD->Daz gonna get old real quick (I assume you make a VN).
I only have to use it for troublesome clothes. And by merging, do you mean just use the simple merge function in blender?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
aw god lmao.
Lets save time, post the link to the cloth.
I ll try to look into it asap. (try to make simple picture of what you want to achieve)

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
aw god lmao.
Lets save time, post the link to the cloth.
I ll try to look into it asap. (try to make simple picture of what you want to achieve)

Or any cloth that has buttons or zippers. You may already have one of those.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
But then they won't get simulated properly and will remain fixed in place, especially those straps on her shoulder.
Should work for most poses, as long you don't lift up the skirt beyond waist straps or play with the shoulders ones. For the shoulder straps I would just transfert morph from another dress/bra or maybe fitcontrol has something along the line (it does: see pic). Maybe run a dForce simulation on top of that if you want a particular strap 'fold'. Should be the easiest solution.

DAZStudio_0OAJbBLvVm.jpg

Problem (as I see it, I may be wrong), if you want everything done in MD is you have to remesh it and can't use it as morph in Daz anymore. It's very possible I miss the obvious tho. Another solution could be importing 2D pattern via UV map in MD and re-sewer/merge each point of the cloth but that definitely some work.

Reactions: immortalkid69