DAZ clothing for futa characters?

hw2121

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2018
I am currently trying to get into rendering with DAZ to add some art to my game, however there is one thing that seems strange: I can't find any kind of clothing or morphs for clothing for Futa characters. Maybe I'm just entering the wrong search terms but neither on any of the official DAZ resource sites nor here or any of the other "inofficial" resource sites I can find anything like a skirt or tight pants where the shape of a cock can be seen underneath.

Is there really nothing existing or am I just too dumb to find it?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You're certainly not going to find anything like that on the official Daz site. One approach would be to use a D-former to create the bulge where you want it.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, what Rich said, D-Formers.

The 'bulge' isn't really well acknowledged on the men's side either. Daz assumes that you'll be hiding the peinis when you have pants on, so it's a bit of work to stuff one into the pants. A few have 'undo buttons/unzip' morphs, but these aren't the norm.

D-Formers may seem a bit intimidating at first, but this is a tool that you probably should learn how to use, as it can be very useful when dealing with things like hair sticking into shoulders and such - in those cases where the provided adjustment morphs aren't getting the job done.

And also when you have poke-thru, and increasing collision iterations isn't getting the job done. There's also the geometry editor tool (to hide polygons), but you get the idea...

'Pregnancy/lower belly' related belly and crotch morphs might be slightly helpful, if the item of clothing in question has these morphs, they may be hidden/greyed out though.

Note that I haven't tried this (stuffing a cock into a dress, etc.), but I've used 'hidden' morphs on clothing before to fine tune things, so it's a thought...

Reactions: Papa Ernie

hentarashi

Mar 31, 2018
110% recommend getting into ZBrush or Hexagon. (Hexagon is free I think from the DAZ site) However ZBrush with DAZ's GoZ plugin is awesome. Basically it allows you to make your own morphs. (IMO it's easier than working with DFormers.
ZBrush interface is not very intuitive, watch a youtube guide and it's not so bad.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ZBrush is all fine and good, if you can afford it. The price for a ZBrush single user license is $795 on their website currently.

D-Formers come with Daz for free...

• Wow
Reactions: dudedudester4vrvr4

hentarashi

Mar 31, 2018
Hexagon is free and some people don't like the brush approach from ZBrush, so it might even be a better solution. I think they might even have updated Hexagon whenever they did the free release version.

You can also use Fit Control by Zev0 on the DAZ store, I've only checked the genesis 8 version but depending on how your character works (male or female base) you can either use them directly (male version) or load up G8M, autofit your female clothes to it, apply the Fit Control script then move it back to the G8F figure and now you have the male genital bulge morphs. Added benefit, fit control has a bunch of other cool clothing morphs too.

Reactions: Chifusa

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
D-formers can provide a quick-and-dirty way of warping clothing (or other meshes) solely within Daz. They're far from perfect, of course, but you can do "bulge in the pants" with them - I've done it. The "difficult part" in this (IMHO) is creating the weight map for the D-former using the Daz tools so that you're moving the correct vertices the correct amount. You do have the advantage that if you get things close, collision processing will sometimes do the final cleanup for you.

Another option, as was mentioned above, is to create a custom morph. In this case, what you'd do is to take the clothing item over to something like Hexagon, Blender or whatever, move vertices around to create the bulge you want, and then bring it back into Daz using Morph Loader Pro, which will give you a "dialable morph" that will bulge-and-unbulge. The challenge here is using the modeling program, since it's another app to learn.

All of this, of course, assumes that the clothing has sufficient mesh density to produce good results. Neither of the two above approaches allow you to add or remove vertices in the mesh - just move them in 3-space.