DAZ CPU - GPU RENDER ?

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
Hello guys,
this is a huge community so i hope to find a proper solution or answer to my problem.

i was creating a scene for the first time using daz3d then when i opened my takes manger i found that it only use my CPU to render and mine is a little slow , so i want to know if there was any way to make it render using my gpu or both cpu and gpu !
and if i use my gpu will it become faster ?

1605364202203.png

1605364256316.png

Thanks in advance !

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
This is a very common problem with Daz, if your scene uses more memory than is available in your Vram then your video card does not work to speed up the work, you just use the cpu. To solve this problem you can either simplify your scene a bit or render it in parts. You can also use the Iray Camera in indoors scenes to remove everything that is out of viewport, this way you can speedup the render times and also to use less vram.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7thCloud

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
thank you for the answer, the Iray Camera looks like a good idea i will maybe start learning how to use camera's and stop using the viewport.
thank you for the answer !

Jul 22, 2019
First make sure that you have the GPU selected under Advanced tab in the render settings.

Other than that there is a script (here it is: ) which halves all of your texture sizes. Whenever I ran into the problem of memory exceeding my gpu. It was almost always due to texture sizes. Some models use ridiculously huge textures sizes (like 4k or 8k). Depending on your purposes you can get away with half resolution, or even a quarter. Everytime you half the resolution you reduce the texture size by 4 times.
Note: Just remember to use the script only before rendering and NEVER SAVE after running the script or your screwed. Cuz it creates the halved textures in temp folder and once you shutdown daz they get deleted.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7thCloud

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
This is a very common problem with Daz, if your scene uses more memory than is available in your Vram then your video card does not work to speed up the work, you just use the cpu. To solve this problem you can either simplify your scene a bit or render it in parts. You can also use the Iray Camera in indoors scenes to remove everything that is out of viewport, this way you can speedup the render times and also to use less vram.
I am looking forward to the day when I stop feeling like a noob in DAZ.
What the heck is the IRAY-Camera??
Is it a setting, or is it a camera i can buy in Daz-Store?

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
I am looking forward to the day when I stop feeling like a noob in DAZ.
What the heck is the IRAY-Camera??
Is it a setting, or is it a camera i can buy in Daz-Store?
It's an addon free to downlad here :

Basically, what it does is create four planes that erase everything outside the area that the camera is focusing on, considerably lightening the rendering work.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
It's an addon free to downlad here :

Basically, what it does is create four planes that erase everything outside the area that the camera is focusing on, considerably lightening the rendering work.
Thank you very much! I will try it right now. Does it effect the lightning much compared to using the usual cam?

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
First make sure that you have the GPU selected under Advanced tab in the render settings.

Other than that there is a script (here it is: ) which halves all of your texture sizes. Whenever I ran into the problem of memory exceeding my gpu. It was almost always due to texture sizes. Some models use ridiculously huge textures sizes (like 4k or 8k). Depending on your purposes you can get away with half resolution, or even a quarter. Everytime you half the resolution you reduce the texture size by 4 times.
Note: Just remember to use the script only before rendering and NEVER SAVE after running the script or your screwed. Cuz it creates the halved textures in temp folder and once you shutdown daz they get deleted.
thanks for the script and especially the NOTE !!