Daz DAZ Eyelashes problem

mr.moonmi

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Hello everyone. I will mark that I use DAZ only for three weeks. So I'm a newbie. Still, I spent A LOT of time on youtube and this forum to learn it. So far I managed to find a solution to each problem that I face by myself. But this time I need help...:giggle:

So I've checked the forum and couldn't find the answer.
Here is my problem (it might have pretty simple solution but I've spent so many hours trying to fix this):
The eyelashes on my character looks weird. I've tried basic gen8 female eyelashes, fiberlashes, tried to apply eyelash materials and shapes from characters I use, I tried to shape it, tried to scale, they even smash in the eye, but don't go any higher... The bottom line still looks like it placed too low... Maybe it's not. Tell me if I'm wrong)
I use 3-4 head character morphs, and a couple of simple eye morphs. But as I learned even setting all of them to 0 doesn't help. So the eyelashes have nothing to do with morphs, as it just repeats the shape of the eye, right?
As I understand the bottom lash should be on the edge of the skin but it's not...
Screenshot_2.jpg
This is how it looks with texture shaded with subd level set to 0:
Screenshot_1.jpg
And the subd level set to 3:
Screenshot_3.jpg
How do you guys achieve such good results with eyelashes? What can I do to make them look at least not that bad? How to make them repeat the eye shape correctly? To move the bottom line upper.
Screenshot_4.jpg
I understand that it's noticeable only with closeup but I want it to look good anyway...

Praisejesus

Aug 5, 2017
try different eyelashes?

or if you know how to use blender and sculpting tools, create a morph that moves them closer to the eye

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I use lash utilities for capricious eyelashes but maybe there is better. Come with a bunch of handful morphs among others things. You can parent the eyelashes you want to use or just keep the ones provided. (Transfering morphs should work too).

DAZStudio_dwnvxNUAuS.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

mr.moonmi

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
I use lash utilities for capricious eyelashes but maybe there is better. Come with a bunch of handful morphs among others things. You can parent the eyelashes you want to use or just keep the ones provided. (Transfering morphs should work too).

View attachment 807119

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you. It helped) The problem solved.

But I quite like some standard lashes which comes with figures. However, they look odd in some cases(( any thoughts on how to fix those lashes without changing them? Only try to create your own morphs?

try different eyelashes?

or if you know how to use blender and sculpting tools, create a morph that moves them closer to the eye
Thank you for advice. Unfortunately I don't use them. Well I tried... but no :D

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
But I quite like some standard lashes which comes with figures. However, they look odd in some cases(( any thoughts on how to fix those lashes without changing them? Only try to create your own morphs?
I don't think there is any easy solution or at least that I know of. Those eyelashes were made for a particular headmorph, let say 'Z', but your model use a mix of headmorph A,B & C. Eyelashes will use those A, B & C headmorph to match your eye shapes instead of Z. Larger the gap between ABC & Z, larger the deformations.

Last edited: