DAZ G8 Genital pairing and compatibility

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
So I’ve been fooling around with Daz for a while, learning things like lighting, posing, model construction with sliders, shot composition and that sort of thing. Up till now I’ve worked almost exclusively with a single model at a time.

I want to up my Daz skills, start putting together some sexy renders, both MF and FF. The crux of the matter is while I’ve posed G8 models male and female with genitals, separately (mainly Golden Palace and OMG8) I’ve not done very much in the way of sex renders and the ones I have, have had issues with the genitals of one model not fitting the other very well, not something that is unfixable by any means and with good camera work you’d never know, however I know that some gens were designed with another set in mind, they work well as a pairing and that brings me to my question:

What pairings of gens for Daz G8 do you use/work well together/find best to work with/look best and importantly why?, what are the strengths of each product and pairing?

A few things to consider, for females high pose ability is desirable, in males size variation is desirable ie not forced to be oversized.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
What you may find is that it's less about the gens themselves than the control morphs available for them. Even the Daz gens can work pretty well with the right set of add-ons. Using G3, packages like "G3F Genital Morphs and Controls" and "G3M Genital Morphs and Controls" from Renderotica provide you a lot in terms of manipulating the "anatomical elements". Size, position, open/closed, etc. - all stuff that Daz themselves don't publish.

That doesn't mean that alternate packages like NGV8 and Dicktator aren't good - but with add-ons like that, the Daz gens aren't bad at all.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Keep an eye out for Gen 3 or 8 males who have gens morphs.

This one has two presets for larger 'normal-sized' gens, but nowhere near the ridiculous size of the Dicktator. Combine it with this:

And your male gens can find it's way to those hard to reach vaginas

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
"Easy Control" - that's the name of the other package I was forgetting! (There's both a G3M and G8M version.)

Ya, between this and the ones I mentioned, you can make "large but not ridiculous" "members." But if you want to really abuse the ladies, then Dicktator is the way to go...

One of the advantages of using the Daz gens is that virtually all the adult characters have textures designed for them. Dicktator works by "stealing" a bit of the texture from another area of the figure. Usually OK, but on some characters it doesn't come out as good. Same thing is true for NGV8 and Golden Palace - they work by stealing a texture from the base set, while the Daz gens have bespoke textures. (Unless, of course, the Daz character is a teen or child - those never have gen textures.)

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I hadn't seriously considered the standard anatomical elements, that's a good thought, i will explore that a little and see what i think, thanks both of you.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I've pretty much exclusively used the standard male ones in the renders I've done, in combination with the morph/control packages mentioned. Didn't have any problem achieving the results I intended.

On the female side, I've been a bit split between the standard ones and NGV8. (I flipped to NGV8 on one project because the model I wanted to use didn't have textures for the standard gens.)

Mind you, I haven't done anything exotic or "outlandishly sized," so your mileage may vary depending on what you want to accomplish.

One thing worth mentioning is that the "vanilla" female gens are apparently somewhat lighter-weight in terms of resources as compared to some of the third-party ones. I recall a discussion here by someone that had a half-dozen ladies in an image that use of the third-party gens (can't remember which one - might have been NGV7) was gagging his copy of Daz.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I've pretty much exclusively used the standard male ones in the renders I've done, in combination with the morph/control packages mentioned. Didn't have any problem achieving the results I intended.

On the female side, I've been a bit split between the standard ones and NGV8. (I flipped to NGV8 on one project because the model I wanted to use didn't have textures for the standard gens.)

Mind you, I haven't done anything exotic or "outlandishly sized," so your mileage may vary depending on what you want to accomplish.

One thing worth mentioning is that the "vanilla" female gens are apparently somewhat lighter-weight in terms of resources as compared to some of the third-party ones. I recall a discussion here by someone that had a half-dozen ladies in an image that use of the third-party gens (can't remember which one - might have been NGV7) was gagging his copy of Daz.
An interesting point about number of vertices and the weight of the add-on in daz, when you've only got one figure loaded i don't notice a slow down unless the background is heavy but multiple gens could weight down the program, i'll see what level of resource use the basic gens, golden palace and NGV8 cause, since i'd like to retain as much pose-ability as possible if it doesn't cause too much additional resource use i may stick with NGV8 or golden palace for the time being but a very good point for sure.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
An interesting point about number of vertices and the weight of the add-on in daz, when you've only got one figure loaded i don't notice a slow down unless the background is heavy but multiple gens could weight down the program, i'll see what level of resource use the basic gens, golden palace and NGV8 cause, since i'd like to retain as much pose-ability as possible if it doesn't cause too much additional resource use i may stick with NGV8 or golden palace for the time being but a very good point for sure.
My gut feel is that it isn't the number of vertices - in general, in Daz Studio, mesh size almost never your worry. It's texture size. And it could be that the way that the third-party gens go about creating their "matching textures" ends up creating large ones, and a separate one for each figure you apply it to. They probably also have multiple texture layers for things like wetness which the built-in ones lack. So it could be that which is the issue. I don't know for sure - I haven't investigated.

Some of that, of course, can be countered by the use of something like Scene Optimizer, since unless you're rendering to VERY large image sizes, you don't need 4K textures running around everywhere.

From my experience, NGV8 works very well. I have yet to try GP in anything.

Good luck!

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I might be a year late here, but what standard gens for genesis 8 male and females are you people using. i am new to daz. I dont know from where I can get these standard gens you people are talking about.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
You can use the default Gen8/3 gens that come with a Pro bundle release.

I use TAB XY 1.5 male gentatalia for my Gen3. For Gen8 I use Dicktator as found on renderotica website or on teh Assets thread on F95.
For females a part from the default Bundle i use Golden Palace also found on renderotica or F95

I might be a year late here, but what standard gens for genesis 8 male and females are you people using. i am new to daz. I dont know from where I can get these standard gens you people are talking about.

Reactions: androm3dart

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
For female gens, the main three (NVG8, Golden Palace, Base G8 - Haven't tried the Sledgehammer gens) all seem to have a decent amount of morphs now if not by default then through add ons. I think what it comes down to is how you want the gens to look as they all have different looks to them. In my experience NVG8 does a less rigid/softer/plumpy look better than the others. Golden Palace has a decent amount of texture add ons/modifications.

For male gens, the relatively new XY 1.5 from DBXXX are pretty good. Probably the most realistic looking (even without HDM add on). Decent amount of movement/morph options but there's an easy control add on to extend what's available.