Unreal Engine Daz Blender daz g8 to ue4 with gens

slawdos

Oct 25, 2019
How do you solve?

I try this: daz to blender with import-daz ( ), merge rig, merge geografts, export to fbx, import to ue4.
It's wil be nice, but i lost materials for gens: use torso texture for genitalia material.
How to do it right? Import body and genitals separately?

Tanx.

Last edited:

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Have you used the DAZ to Blender bridge that is on teh DAZ website for free?

Once its in you will have to play with texture maps to get it looking good. Also Blender "Iray" version of the skin you will probably have to buy seperately.

slawdos

Oct 25, 2019

Once its in you will have to play with texture maps to get it looking good. Also Blender "Iray" version of the skin you will probably have to buy seperately.
No way bridge... Look at this

Пускай переводит, я на английском не объясню. Теперь после запекания геошелов даз-импортер может принимать shapes так как программа высчитывает это. Так же осталась привязка к MHX ригу. Тоесть всегда можно наложить позу.
RTFM on

Dark Erotic 3D

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2021
No way bridge... Look at this

Пускай переводит, я на английском не объясню. Теперь после запекания геошелов даз-импортер может принимать shapes так как программа высчитывает это. Так же осталась привязка к MHX ригу. Тоесть всегда можно наложить позу.
RTFM on
This latest importer post looks intriguing! Can't wait to play around with it. I've been trying his posing panel options for bringing in some DAZ animations that I have, but it's not working very well. I need to test what keeps breaking the animations.

Dark Erotic 3D

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2021

I've tried the official Daz to Blender bridge for some things. However, it doesn't bring over anatomical objects over from 3rd party sources and I haven't found a way around this yet. I need a viable way to bring New Genitalia for Victoria 8 and Dicktator across. Ideally, I would be able to pull over some Daz animations as well as make additional anims in Blender. The final destination is Unreal Engine for the game I'm working on but I have yet to find the best way to do this.

rogue_69

Nov 9, 2021
One weird thing I've found when trying to get female genitals to export, is that I have to have the geometry editor enabled (Alt-Shift-G) I don't have to do anything with the tool, I just need it enabled, and then everything seems to work just fine.

Dark Erotic 3D

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2021
One weird thing I've found when trying to get female genitals to export, is that I have to have the geometry editor enabled (Alt-Shift-G) I don't have to do anything with the tool, I just need it enabled, and then everything seems to work just fine.
I'm a little unclear on this? Are you exporting from daz to blender? Or daz to unreal?

May 4, 2022
This is actually the best answer I found to the subject after days of searching. Thank you.

For anyone who works with Daz and UE and does not wish to integrate third party software, activate the geometry editor and edit in Daz the parts you need/don't need from the object, and after exporting to UE it will be displayed exactly as it looks in Daz.

slawdos

Oct 25, 2019
This is actually the best answer I found to the subject after days of searching. Thank you.

For anyone who works with Daz and UE and does not wish to integrate third party software, activate the geometry editor and edit in Daz the parts you need/don't need from the object, and after exporting to UE it will be displayed exactly as it looks in Daz.
Create video-manual? Please.