Daz help needed please

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
I am beyond frustrated right now. I'm extremely new to DAZ(or any other graphics program), and I have spent hours and hours, for days trying to learn. Tutorials, Youtube, Daz manuals itself, and countless threads here and there and after several attempts, I created a model I was pretty happy with. I was even having some success posing and creating scenes that were looking pretty good(for a newb), but my character just never looked as good as when I first made her. I saved her under scene subsets so I didn't have to re-apply the hair for every scene. I made a close up HD render and realized why she never looked as good...the eyelashes were gone! Nothing I could do would let me re-apply the eyelashes, so I tried all kinds from the basic Gen8 model, to all the character bundles I have purchased from DAZ store. Nothing would be accepted, so I started over. Got back to square one with another model, built a scene, everything looked good. In the texture shaded view of the scene, I could tell there were eyelashes, then after another 1.5Hr. render, no eyelashes once again. I have missed something major in my learning so I reached out on the DAZ board, and someone was trying to help giving me a 10 step solution, building new files, moving files here and there and parenting this or that. It went over my head to say the least. It just didn't seem like you should have to jump through all these hoops just to keep eyelashes on your characters. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or could point me in the right direction. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go through the 10 step process and I am just missing something simple, but who knows, maybe I do.

Just to add, I have been using expressions, and using the face sliders to do things like raise and lower the eyebrows, move the iris left and right etc.

Lewdpanda95

Sep 9, 2018
Well that is very unusual. Do the eyelashes come up in the scene hierarchy? Can you load them into an empty scene?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Nothing I could do would let me re-apply the eyelashes, so I tried all kinds from the basic Gen8 model, to all the character bundles I have purchased from DAZ store. Nothing would be accepted, so I started over.
Not sure if I understand well. If you make a new scene, load a g8f model and render it, does render have eyelashes?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] Got back to square one with another model, built a scene, everything looked good. In the texture shaded view of the scene, I could tell there were eyelashes, then after another 1.5Hr. render, no eyelashes once again.
Are you sure that they are gone, and not just morphed to disappear (some figures do this), or defined to not appear on the render ? In both case, you'll generally see them on the preview, but they'll seem to have disappeared on your render.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Did you apply a different skin texture which has no eyebrows on the figure?
The model was Ekaterina and I believe I was using the skin that came with this model and the eyelashes as well. After reading some of the other responses, I did a little more digging and experimenting, and as soon as a used a particular Expressions morph is when they dissapeared. I don't understand why, but easy fix....I don't use that expressions pack. Thanks for replying.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Well that is very unusual. Do the eyelashes come up in the scene hierarchy? Can you load them into an empty scene?
Yes they were in the hierarchy, and then as soon as I used a particular expressions morph, they were gone and I could not find them in the hierarchy anymore. Very strange, I don't know much about this stuff yet but everything was fine until I used the Expression morph. If I changed eyebrows, iris, mouth etc. without the pre-boxed expression morph, everything is fine. They were not very good in my opinion, so I think I will just skip that expression bundle. Thanks for the reply, you made me look at the hierarchy and that helped me see when they were actually disappearing.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Are you sure that they are gone, and not just morphed to disappear (some figures do this), or defined to not appear on the render ? In both case, you'll generally see them on the preview, but they'll seem to have disappeared on your render.
Yes! It was a expression morph. As soon as I applied it to the character, they were gone...thanks for the help. It wasn't very lifelike to begin with, so its not breaking my heart not to use it.