daz help

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
hello everyone, im trying to render some scene for a game im attempting to develop but im running into some issues. Daz is not using my gpu. im not sure why this is happening.

Below is my rig
Geforce GTX 1050Ti
Lastest Driver
Intel i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50GHz
15.95 GB Ram

Rendering in NVIDIA Iray
Compiling Shaders - 0/35
Rendering image
Rendering...
Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER): 1.3 IRAY rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...
Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER): 1.5 IRAY rend stat : Native CPU code generated in 5.85e-007s
Iray Iteration: 106
Iray :Render target canvas was written.
Iray Iteration: 217
Iray Iteration: 328
Iray Iteration: 450
Iray Iteration: 572
Iray Iteration: 672

Please advise and provide some feedback.

Jimbles

Aug 30, 2017
Someone like @Rich would know better, but I think the fact that you're rendering in Iray means your using your gfx card. Because, I think only nvidia cards will render in Iray, but I'm not 100% sure.

That being said, go into your render settings > Advanced (at the top) and make sure your gfx card is checked.

*Edit, I can almost write

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Someone like @Rich would know better, but the fact that you're rendering in Iray means your using your gfx card, If memory serves correct. I think only nvidia cards will render in Iray, but I'm not 100% sure.

That being said, go into your render settings > Advanced (at the top) and make sure your gfx card is checked.
Yes the card is checked for both photoreal and interactive. i dont check CPU because it slows down my pc

Jimbles

Aug 30, 2017
Yes the card is checked for both photoreal and interactive. i dont check CPU because it slows down my pc
Then you should be rendering using your gfx card. You might find that having both checked might help you render faster. For me, rendering usually slows things down to a crawl regardless of whether or not I have my CPU checked.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi

You may know this, but ... Iray requires the entire scene to be loaded into the ram of the GPU. If the scene is too large it will revert back to cpu rendering no matter what.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Hi

You may know this, but ... Iray requires the entire scene to be loaded into the ram of the GPU. If the scene is too large it will revert back to cpu rendering no matter what.

Cheers - Kaffekop
how do i check the size of the scene? i usually use the scene optimizer before rendering

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
how do i check the size of the scene? i usually use the scene optimizer before rendering
Well, to my knowledge the scene optimizer should be able to give you the information you need. Haven't really played around with it for a while so my memory may be a bit ... hinky on that.

Cheers - Kaffekop

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi,

I strong belive that's because the scene is bigger than 4gb that is the amount of ram from 1050ti. I use to have this problem with a 970 that have the same amount. The better solution for me was change to a 1070 with 8gb, I also believe that criptominers made this option very hard these days.

Maybe create two files: scene_complete.duf and scene_shorter.duf. Change the second file, try to delete any object that is not visible in the scene. Change the textures for less relevant objects in the scene, make then with less details. Be sure that all textures are Iray, apply textura Iray Daz Uber where you believe they aren't. On Render Settings->Optimization try to change the instance to memory and not speed. GPU on memory mode is still faster than CPU.

If nothing work, you will need to use the strategy to render only characters first, then the background.

May 24, 2018
As you know where to look for the GPU/CPU settings, select both GPU options and Optiplex. Restart Daz.
DAZ is a fickled old lady so she's return to her former glory on most occations and use CPU even if it's deselected.
Before you render use your Auxiliary Viewport set it on Nvidia to get a good view of what your scene will look like. Once its shown you select back to Texturted setting and start teh render process.
Open your Task Manager and find the Performance tab and keep your eye on teh CPU render. It should not go above 50%
When i had my 1060 3GB for some heavy scenes i had to use the CPU processor as DAZ would crash.
Also after each render it's a good idea to restart DAZ or use a memory restore tool for DAZ. Cache builds up and after a good few renders i have noticed DAZ goes back and start to use CPU again.
She's a fickled one.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Your log will tell you what's going on. You can open it from inside Daz using the Help > Troubleshooting menu, or it's located at C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt on Windows.

When you start Daz, it will put a bunch of stuff in about your graphics card. When you start a render, if Daz starts to use the card, it will say so (it will talk about using CUDA device(s) and mention the card type) and if it's a "won't fit in memory" issue, you'll typically see an error about being out of memory, and then it'll start with the CPU.

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Your log will tell you what's going on. You can open it from inside Daz using the Help > Troubleshooting menu, or it's located at C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt on Windows.

When you start Daz, it will put a bunch of stuff in about your graphics card. When you start a render, if Daz starts to use the card, it will say so (it will talk about using CUDA device(s) and mention the card type) and if it's a "won't fit in memory" issue, you'll typically see an error about being out of memory, and then it'll start with the CPU.
do you know if hidden objects in a scene, does that lower the memory? because i can get rid of some walls that are not in the shot and hide objects that are not needed

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
If you hide objects, the geometry for those objects doesn't get passed to the GPU. But the geometry (the mesh) for the object is not usually the bulk of the memory used - usually what bloats things up are the textures. And it doesn't help that many PA's produce huge textures. An unused texture won't get loaded, but sometimes multiple objects in the scene all get their texture information from one image file, so if even one object uses the image, it will get loaded. So there isn't a hard and fast rule you can follow. Although hiding or deleting objects that aren't visible (and that don't affect your scene through shadows or the like) certainly won't increase your GPU's memory load.

There is also . It actually shrinks textures. If you take a 2k by 2k texture and shrink it to 1k by 1k, the memory required for that texture is reduced to one quarter of the original. For objects that aren't close to the camera, the difference will almost never be noticeable - you only need very detailed textures for objects that are close enough to see all those pixels, or that are VERY large.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Avoid CPU Rendering due to low VRAM from a 2 GB card user:
-use Scene Optimizer
-use Instancing
-use multiple GPUs and use the worst GPU as primary for your monitor and the "good" one to render exclusively
-close everything, especially Browsers, they will eat up some VRAM too, even closing explorer windows can free some VRAM (yes VRAM not just RAM)
-use external tools like MSI Afterburner to check VRAM usage
-can you split up or simplify your scene into foreground / background?
-in rare! cases DAZ Studio is stubborn and needs a PC restart for me to switch back to GPU (DAZ/Iray bug?)

tatalovitch

Aug 29, 2017
Bonjour, j'ai un souci avec DAZ. Les parties génitales sont noires et métalliques. Comment faire pour que ça épouse les couleurs du corps? Je ne trouve pas de réponse dans les posts. Merci.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Bonjour, j'ai un souci avec DAZ. Les parties génitales sont noires et métalliques. Comment faire pour que ça épouse les couleurs du corps? Je ne trouve pas de réponse dans les posts. Merci.
Quel produit utilisez-vous? S'il s'agit d'un organe génital natif de Daz, le personnage doit avoir un matériel spécifique pour les organes génitaux. Sinon, dépend du vendeur. 3feetwolf a un script pour copier les matériaux de la peau.

Cette question n'est pas liée au sujet, cependant.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Apologies for responding in English - my French is good enough to understand your question, but not near good enough to write a response in it.

Most of the adult figures sold through Daz do have textures for the genitals. (Characters for teens and children do not.) The issue is that when you apply the genitals to the figure, those textures are not automatically applied, since the genital is an "add-on." So what you typically need to do is to add the genital to your character and then go back and re-apply the character material. Exactly how you do this to handle the genitals depends on the character.

There are two basic groups of figures - some figures have an explicit material for the genitals. In that case, you select the genitals and apply that material. More recent figures have what are referred to as "hierarchical materials." These will typically have something like "All Mats" or "All Materials" listed. If you select the character itself (not the genitals) and apply this material, it will apply everything to the character, including the genitals.

All the above is with Daz's genitals. If you're using a third-party set (Golden Palace or NGV8 for females, Dicktator or the like for males) then the procedure is different.

ccheev

Jul 20, 2017
So when I use any pose in Dase the Actor shoots off in random directions and I can never fin the actor how do I kee this from happning?