[DAZ] How to move the Daz Library from your old PC to the new one, so that the smart content still works?

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hello,

so I have a follow up question to my last one.
Now that I have a SSD for the whole Daz Library, how do I move my Library from my old PC to my new one, so everything still works?
I tried moving it and setting up all the paths, but Daz thinks that no assets are installed and wants to download them all again. And when I use the downloaded files for the DIM, they don't appear in the Smart Content section.

Any ideas, tios, etc. what I can do?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Its been a while since I have done it, but from memory and just having a quick look in daz, in the smart content tab click on the the little icon that that says when you hover over it "click here to display options for the active plane" I dunno what it is called, its a little box of lines with an arrow on it, then select content db maintenance and tick re import meta data. I think that is it though I may have missed a step.

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Its been a while since I have done it, but from memory and just having a quick look in daz, in the smart content tab click on the the little icon that that says when you hover over it "click here to display options for the active plane" I dunno what it is called, its a little box of lines with an arrow on it, then select content db maintenance and tick re import meta data. I think that is it though I may have missed a step.
Ok I read about this online, but what I didn't get is, if I need to export the metadata from my old PC and where I have to put it then. Because when you re-import the metadata, you can't choose a path.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I don't if it is good way. But I'm doing it like this:
1/ copy all content from MY Daz library in public users
2/ In Daz scan all directories for files
3/ maintain database

You don't need to do any exports for metadata.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I don't if it is good way. But I'm doing it like this:
1/ copy all content from MY Daz library in public users
2/ In Daz scan all directories for files
3/ maintain database

You don't need to do any exports for metadata.
Hmm I have to try this today. My problem is that I have no internet till the 7th of March, so I really have to copy my library. I didn't thought that this could get this complicated :D

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
It is not complicated at all. :) I think you don't need internet for do that. But you will need internet connection later for using that packages because thei are signet to your account.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I was just thinking the same as @Joraell if you copy the files from one pc to another and make sure daz is pointing at them, when you import or maintain the database it should find them.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
It is not complicated at all. :) I think you don't need internet for do that. But you will need internet connection later for using that packages because thei are signet to your account.
Well that shouldn't take that much data, so I could just make an hotspot with my phone :D

I was just thinking the same as @Joraell if you copy the files from one pc to another and make sure daz is pointing at them, when you import or maintain the database it should find them.
I have to look up the maintain function later, maybe I just missed it yesterday :D

I was working the whole week after work to finally get the damn thing running, hopefully it works this evening :D

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Well that shouldn't take that much data, so I could just make an hotspot with my phone :D

I have to look up the maintain function later, maybe I just missed it yesterday :D

I was working the whole week after work to finally get the damn thing running, hopefully it works this evening :D
Start with new machine or whole starting issue with Daz is always longer run. So have a good luck. I was porting my database 4th times already :D 260 GB :D

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Start with new machine or whole starting issue with Daz is always longer run. So have a good luck. I was porting my database 4th times already :D 260 GB :D
Yeah with database you just mean the library right? I get always confused with different definitions for things :D
But thanks I hope the best for it, I think my library is about 200GB or so :D

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah library. Database and library is almost same thing, because daz after recognizing files made database itself. Wich is big + compared to other SW like Poser. That was big pain in the past.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah library. Database and library is almost same thing, because daz after recognizing files made database itself. Wich is big + compared to other SW like Poser. That was big pain in the past.
Yeah I am quite new to the whole thing, so I am not that familiar with it :D