Daz Image Textures not rendering

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Hi All,

Got a weird Daz issue with this set: https://f95zone.to/threads/living-dining-kitchen.30488/

I wanted to put an image on the TV so I selected the surface and added my image from the runtime directory structure to the diffuse panel base colour. Then I fiddled with the tiling and offsets in geometry until it was nicely aligned. Everything looks perfect in the viewing portal but when I render it the screen just comes up grey :(

What am I missing?

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hmm, are you sure it the surface for the TV screen? Use the Surface Select tool, also check if maybe there is another surface for that area and reduce the opacity on that one.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Where you put the image in, change the base color from black to white, I have a laptop in game, the same thing happened, did me head me in til I worked it out.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
The non-iray preview and iray view may not necessarily match if the shader/material does some kind of transform. For example I made this texture-rotations shader to save VRAM. Whether this is the case in your scene I can't say.

The screen should be emissive - like in the real world.

Try this:
-reset the Material (select the screen-surface, open the 'shader mixer'-window and hit apply, it shout reset it to 'DAZ Default Material', then apply the Iray Uber Baser-Shader)
-set Base Color Black
-set Glossy Color Black
-switch to iray-mode
-use the screen as emissive-texture instead of diffuse-texture (Emission Color = white+screen texture) with Luminance increased from the default 1500-value to 20-25k

Positive side-effect: it makes the screen simple/fast to render. No high iteration numbers needed for this part of the scene.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks to everybody who replied.

Nothing seemed to be working so I took the cheats way out and created a new plane and placed it over the screen. Plopped the image on that and it displayed first time!

Reactions: DreamBig Games