Daz Item without Interactive License

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Hello, everyone. I have a question about interactive licenses, specifically Mousso's.

I just bought a ton of items during the Daz Labor Day sale, and just about all of those items came with interactive licenses, which I also bought. Most of the characters I bought were Mousso's, and they all had interactive licenses except one: Lily HD ( ).

My question is this: does anyone know why Mousso might not have an interactive license for just one of her characters like that? Is the artist saying that she doesn't want people making games with that particular character? Or do you reckon it's just an oversight and that Lily HD is supposed to have an interactive license like her other characters?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It could, like you said, an oversight. Perhaps one of the merchant resources he used for Lily didn't allow for it commercial use in that sense? Even then, an interactive license is only for engines like Unreal, where you're moving around with that particular model in a 3D environment. So, unless you're doing something like that, it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Craiggerbird

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Oh, really? I thought interactive licenses were still necessary for Daz since you're still moving the product in a 3D environment.

Regardless, thank you for the advice. I guess I'll stop worrying about it so much.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Oh, really? I thought interactive licenses were still necessary for Daz since you're still moving the product in a 3D environment.

Regardless, thank you for the advice. I guess I'll stop worrying about it so much.
No problem. :)

Interactive Licenses are for games that allow players (/end-users) to move around in said environment, and I don't think that's necessarily a big market for Daz. Yes, you are moving a figure around in a 3D environment, but you're rendering out to a static image and/or animation in Daz. Thus, not interactive to the players themselves in the sense of them controlling the characters.

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
"When you should get an Interactive License: [. . .] Any app, game, or video game where the model changes depending on what a user does requires an Interactive License (example: if the 3D Model moves, bends, or walks based on an action the user of that app or game makes)."

Ahhh damnit. I just spent way too much money on interactive licenses lol. Thank you for telling me about this. this is huge news to me! I'm going to see if I can get refunds for the interactive licenses.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
"When you should get an Interactive License: [. . .] Any app, game, or video game where the model changes depending on what a user does requires an Interactive License (example: if the 3D Model moves, bends, or walks based on an action the user of that app or game makes)."

Ahhh damnit. I just spent way too much money on interactive licenses lol. Thank you for telling me about this. this is huge news to me! I'm going to see if I can get refunds for the interactive licenses.
The refund policy is a 30-day money back guarantee on everything in the store except the following: Platinum Club+ Memberships. Gift Cards. Interactive Licenses.
Looks like you might have to bite the bullet, unfortunately. It may be worth it to contact Daz personally about it and tell them it was a misunderstanding, but I couldn't say how far that'll go.

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Oof. That sucks. I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, I'm happy to contribute to Daz and the artists I did.