DAZ metadata question

X3rr4

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I have downloaded some stuff for DAZ and noticed some props are missing metadata to show up in the smart content section.
I googled a bit and found that you can add your own metadata. But 1. its very hard to find the content without metadata as soon as your library grows and 2. its a pain in the ass to add all the metadata on your own.

So my question is, is there a way to obtain the missing metadata by download?

If not, a pool where people can share their hard added metadata would be a nice thing.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I have downloaded some stuff for DAZ and noticed some props are missing metadata to show up in the smart content section.
I googled a bit and found that you can add your own metadata. But 1. its very hard to find the content without metadata as soon as your library grows and 2. its a pain in the ass to add all the metadata on your own.

So my question is, is there a way to obtain the missing metadata by download?

If not, a pool where people can share their hard added metadata would be a nice thing.

X3rr4

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I guess you mean the part

(Note: Using DIM to install content also Installs products metadata, which makes the product available to use in the "Smart Content Pane")
well there is no additonal metadata in the dim install files. They are just copy instructions.

And since it should be run offline:

5. Run and start the DIM. (Make sure to check workoffline or files may fail to install)
Because of that I guess there is no download of metadata from the DAZ Site.

So thanks, but your answer doesn't help getting the missing metadata.

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
this topic is super old. i basically started to daz back then. i learned so much since then
Yup, I assumed that, but the question was not properly answered. It was hanging in between. So I thought if anyone with the same issue, whenever visits this thread will get a reasonable solution or headstart at this. Maybe you could have provided the answers to the questions you have asked after getting the solutions, that could help the newcomers.