Daz missing xavier/genesis8male.dsf

Millhouse543

Oct 31, 2021
Hi Folks, I'm quite new to Daz3D and keep getting this message. The following files could not be found: data/bluedeadsea/xavier for genesis 8 male/xavier/genesis8male.dsf

With every forum I have come across I have yet to find a meaningful solution. The things I have tried ranged from reloading assets to completely uninstalling and reinstalling Daz with the same results. So far I have come up with that xavier is supposed to be apart of the Genesis 8 Essentials. Or am I wrong and I need to purchase him.

Any help you can send my way would be appreciated. Or at least pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So far I have come up with that xavier is supposed to be apart of the Genesis 8 Essentials.
No it isn't. But google fail to find an asset that would correspond to "xavier for genesis 8 male". The only Xavier I found is for Michael 7, therefore Genesis 3.

In the description of the asset that throw this error, there should have a part talking about the dependence and telling you what other asset is/are needed.

Millhouse543

Oct 31, 2021
Unfortunately, this same error is not happening to my one character. It seems to be happening to all my Gen 8 characters. Dylan, Kayden, Gen 8 Basic Male/Female Gen8.1 Male/Female.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Unfortunately, this same error is not happening to my one character. It seems to be happening to all my Gen 8 characters. Dylan, Kayden, Gen 8 Basic Male/Female Gen8.1 Male/Female.
Hmm ? It's totally not normal that this error happen to female assets. They absolutely don't need a "genesis8male.dsf" located in a path that clearly point to genesis 8 male meshes.

recreation , Rich , you know Daz better than me, is one of you having an idea ?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'd say that one of the characters or morphs you have, has Xavier as a dependency. When you load a figure, Daz always loads all morphs corresponding to the genesis version, so it must be a genesis 8 morph (8.1 throws the error because it's compatible with/uses gen8 morphs, but gen 8 wouldn't throw the error if it's a gen 8.1 morph).
A quick google search didn't help finding the offending morph, but searching for the author..... :HideThePain:
I hate you Anne :poop:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
What might have happened is that you added a new asset that contains this, and that it's (incorrectly) set up with a non-zero default. That would explain why it's happening in all your assets. This happens every now and then - someone forgets to dial things back to zero before saving a morph.

Suggest that you search your content folder(s) for a folder named "xavier" and see if it's in there.