Daz or Blender for assets?

Zaki_Zaki

Jan 28, 2021
Hi. I am developing a game in Unreal and wanted to know what is the best place to look for lewd content. Daz or Blender.
By content I mean: Characters, Poses, Clothes exc...

I do not have any experience with any of them so I want to make an educated decision before I go onw route.
I did check Daz marketplace and other sources and was quite amazed by how much NSFW content it has. Unreal doesn't have nothing similar to that.

What is your opinion?

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
Trying to do same thing but for Unity and I belive similar pros and cons will be with other game engines.

Blender
+ in my opinion wider community and much more tutorials etc.
- much less content
- more tricky if you want do change meshes (like changing body shapes, switching clothes)

DAZ
+ huge asset variety and quantity
+ easy to tweak characters to your liking
+ easy to add/remove accessories, clothes etc.)
+ you should be able also to export animations or easily make own
- not sure how about Unreal but Unity bridge has sometimes problems
- rigging might be exported poorly
- exported characters are not optimized for games (eg. hair having huge poly count) - here you might need to tone everything a little in Blender or similar programs

Reactions: Zaki_Zaki

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
DAZ
I've been using daz as a "character creator" then porting the model assets i want into blender using diffeomorphic, before adjusting the model for porting into UE. I use blender as an in-between because blender can reduce the vertices on the models, as well as fixing other rigging issues. However, the daz-to-UE bridge is excellent for transferring materials/textures.

Zaki_Zaki

Jan 28, 2021
Trying to do same thing but for Unity and I belive similar pros and cons will be with other game engines.

Blender
+ in my opinion wider community and much more tutorials etc.
- much less content
- more tricky if you want do change meshes (like changing body shapes, switching clothes)

DAZ
+ huge asset variety and quantity
+ easy to tweak characters to your liking
+ easy to add/remove accessories, clothes etc.)
+ you should be able also to export animations or easily make own
- exported characters are not optimized for games (eg. hair having huge poly count) - here you might need to tone everything a little in Blender or similar programs
Thank you! I feared the same. Blender is must use because of it's more "professional" approach that is much needed for gaming. But Daz has a huge asset library and is more user friendly