Daz posing question

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
So, I am just starting my journey with Daz and am having major issues trying to pose two figures in intimate positions. Just trying to get two figures to hug seems to involve hours of bends and twists and pins and failed attempts with the bone tool.

Does anybody have any tips on how to get figures into natural positions with each other?

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
While learning to create a Pose manually is a good learning process I strongly suggest using pre-existing Pose bundles as a starting point when trying to do this, their creators have spent the "hours of bends and twists and pins" to get you closer to the final result.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Posing figures naturally isn't easy. As @greyelf indicates, starting with off-the-shelf poses is a good way to go.

If you're determined to create a pose of your own, I would suggest a "center out" approach. Start by getting the hips in the correct position with respect to one another, then work outward towards the limbs. As you've obviously figured out, if you tweak the hips or chest, it affects hand position, etc., so you want to do extremities last. So, hips, chest, arms hands, fingers - that kind of order.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I would imagine having a visual reference would help as well. Try to find an image that has people in the positions you are trying to emulate.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi
Great advice here, and I thought, that I would throw in my 2 cent's as well.

Posing can be a real pain, but getting hold of a few premade bundles, as suggest earlier, is a great way to start. Remember that you can "ctrl+alt double click" on any pose to mix them together. That actually took me a while to figure out, but it helps tremendously, with setting that first pose, that I can then tweak to my likings afterwards.
And do go for the "center and out" approach. It will save you a ton of time and aggravation, when you tweak something, that suddenly offsets something else that you already had in place.

Visualize the scene, through any means necessary. Draw it in stick figures or anything that helps setting the scene. Pay special attention to where you want to put the camera, because you don't need to be accurate with posing on anything that isn't going into the render - for 2d images that is.

Most important of all: Play around with it! Don't expect to make "perfect" renders in your first go with "perfect" posing. It takes time to get comfortable with Daz - well, it did for me, and I'm still learning new stuff, as I work with it.

And don't give up. Be tenacious. Be focused. Learn from your mistakes and it will come to you.

Good luck with Daz

Cheers - Kaffekop

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks to everybody who replied, some great advice there. Not quite sure I understand the idea of "mixing" poses but I will give it a go!

Any recommended pose bundles for couples?

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
One thing I forgot to mention:
Remember to save (using a slightly different file names) each time you 'perfect' a part of the over all pose. Don't rely on using Undo to correct mistakes or fix unwanted changes!

eg. You get the starting positions of the two characters right, Save as 'friendly-hug_1'. You get the placement of the hips how you want then, Save as 'friendly-hug_1'. You get the upper body where you want it, Save as.... (you get the idea)

Once you are happy with the over-all pose then save it without the increment number to represent a finished pose.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Any recommended pose bundles for couples?
There are tons of them, in all sorts of genres. You'd have to be a bit more explicit as to what you're looking for. If you don't want to discuss it publicly, you can PM me...

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I am eventually going to need everything from hugging and groping through to full blown sex for the game which will probably require some working posable genetalia as well if anybody has any recomendations for that as well.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Well, these would give you the "gentler" ones

For the hard core stuff:

(a whole ton of different options)
or just search there for "Poses"

Happy browsing... LOL