[DAZ] Pubic Hair for NGV8 passing/breaks through clothing

godfinger5

Dec 25, 2018
Hi

I have a little problem with Pubic Hair for New Genitalia for V8

So, when i apply some clothing on my character with pubic hair - they are passing through clothing as in the picture in spolier (genitalia are visible too)

So - any advice how to hide them, but possibly without turning them off?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks in advice :D

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
You can have several options... use the one that gives you the best results:

- Change collision item of paties to genitalia or pubic hair, play with smoother or collition setting.
- Use Fit Control (an asset that allows you to modify a lot the clothes)
- Make a complete render with genitalia and pubic hair hidden, then make a quick spot render with pubic hair visible and mix the two images with some photo editing program.

Reactions: godfinger5

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hi

I have a little problem with Pubic Hair for New Genitalia for V8

So, when i apply some clothing on my character with pubic hair - they are passing through clothing as in the picture in spolier (genitalia are visible too)

So - any advice how to hide them, but possibly without turning them off?

Thanks in advice :D
Ya, with limited exceptions (the "collision" aspects of the Smoothing Modifier being one and dForce being another) nothing in Daz behaves as "real world" stuff does in terms of objects interacting physically with other objects. If two objects try to occupy the same space, they just poke through one another.

For what you're trying to do here, @mgomez0077 's third suggestion is going to give you your best result. Do one render with the gens and pubes hidden and another with them showing. Use the "panties area" of the first, and the "outside the panties area" of the second. GIMP or PhotoShop will let you stack two images on top of one another and set up transparent and opaque areas of the upper image so that you can choose which of the images is showing for any pixel.

Reactions: godfinger5

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Was curious as to if there was a newer (easier) solution since this thread was first drafted almost a year ago... any advancements in daz studio to tackle this problem?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
you can try using Marvelous Designer to adjust the cloths as well but it cost $50.00 monthly to use

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Was curious as to if there was a newer (easier) solution since this thread was first drafted almost a year ago... any advancements in daz studio to tackle this problem?

Nope. Not likely to be, either - generalizing this would take some sort of "soft body physics" approach - you'd have to have the panties "flatten" the hairs on the pubes they way they do in real life.

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
I played around with this problem and found the photo editing is the best solution except it's not so good for see-through underwear because you don't get the pubes visible through the transparent underwear image.

I tried rendering the underwear separately but then you see the back of the underwear through the front. I should have realised that before I tried LOL.

One crazy solution I came up with is to stick the render sans underwear onto a primitive plane and then position that behind the front part of the see-though underwear asset, but it's a hell of a time consuming operation getting it all scaled and positioned.

My best results for see-through stuff came from using mesh-grabber and just pulling the front of the garment directly toward the camera until it clears the pubes, but you have to be careful with the lighting direction or you get anomalous shadows.

Windle Poons

Jun 14, 2017
I played around with this problem and found the photo editing is the best solution except it's not so good for see-through underwear because you don't get the pubes visible through the transparent underwear image.

I tried rendering the underwear separately but then you see the back of the underwear through the front. I should have realised that before I tried LOL.

One crazy solution I came up with is to stick the render sans underwear onto a primitive plane and then position that behind the front part of the see-though underwear asset, but it's a hell of a time consuming operation getting it all scaled and positioned.

My best results for see-through stuff came from using mesh-grabber and just pulling the front of the garment directly toward the camera until it clears the pubes, but you have to be careful with the lighting direction or you get anomalous shadows.

you can use the advance iray node properties script to turn the character into a matte and render a separate cloth layer

select your character use the script from the utilities section on it
apply a black diffuse shader with zero glossy on all surfaces
and turn on iray matte on parameters->display tab sc.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You can also isolate any nodes via canvas (E 'name_of_your_node' .* L)
Named my panties on my g8 figure 'zzz' :

zzzz.png

Last edited: