Daz - Question about using older hair

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I was trying to use the End of Summer Hair for Genesis 2G models, and it translated pretty well for the most part, but I am getting occasional white streaks in the hair when rendering. This even happens when I try to use other colors. Is there any way to improve this situation, or should I just expect that this is par for the course when translating from older hairs? Experienced Daz developers help would be appreciated.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I was trying to use the End of Summer Hair for Genesis 2G models, and it translated pretty well for the most part, but I am getting occasional white streaks in the hair when rendering. This even happens when I try to use other colors. Is there any way to improve this situation, or should I just expect that this is par for the course when translating from older hairs? Experienced Daz developers help would be appreciated.
Perhaps relevant to your question:

Also, sample images of what the problem looks like would help.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Jerricho: Thanks so much for your always helpful feedback. I will have to go back and look at it again. I always try to select all of my surfaces and apply Iray Uber Base Shader to them to avoid problems like this, but maybe I didn't do it this time. I will revisit this because I wanted to use that hair. I will check it again and if I am still having problems, I'll upload a sample so you can see what is going on.