DAZ Render quality dops ?

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
Hello guys,
i found this community very helpful by friendly devs willing to help :D.
today problem is a bit weird, when i'm rendering a scene you can see the process in the viewport and it feels zoomed at least 3 -4 times without impacting the quality , but when the render is finished, i save the image in png or jpg format and when you check the result it feels like the quality is down and you can't zoom in like how it looks in the viewport.
i even wanted to render it multiple times and test multiple formats but rendering a scene with over 5000 Iteration's takes forever (2:37 hours)
i hope to find a proper solution for this problem :)

The viewport i'm talking about:
1605648794885.png

thank you !

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Thats because the amount of pixels in the viewport always stay the same, while when you make a render you 'lock' the amount of pixels used.

The easiest i can explain it (i think) is like this: You see a tree outside. If you walk closer to the tree you start to see more detail of the tree. The amount of pixels you see stay the same, but as you are closer to the tree you see more detail. This is how the viewport works.

Now you take a picture of the tree. If you then would use a magnifying glass on the picture the tree doesn't magically get more detail (this isn't CSI). The picture has a certain amount of pixels 'locked in' when you made the picture and if you would zoom in a on part, the amount of pixels you are looking at is just smaller.

If you want to be able to zoom in with great detail you need to render your picture on a much larger scale.

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
Thats because the amount of pixels in the viewport always stay the same, while when you make a render you 'lock' the amount of pixels used.

The easiest i can explain it (i think) is like this: You see a tree outside. If you walk closer to the tree you start to see more detail of the tree. The amount of pixels you see stay the same, but as you are closer to the tree you see more detail. This is how the viewport works.

Now you take a picture of the tree. If you then would use a magnifying glass on the picture the tree doesn't magically get more detail (this isn't CSI). The picture has a certain amount of pixels 'locked in' when you made the picture and if you would zoom in a on part, the amount of pixels you are looking at is just smaller.

If you want to be able to zoom in with great detail you need to render your picture on a much larger scale.
oh, that makes it more clear to me, thank you for the answer, it will definitely help me in future renders :geek:.