DAZ save as choices

BergerTK17

Oct 1, 2017
Hello.
Looking for a tip related to DAZ saved file.

Planning to create a Novel with thousand of pics, i want to be able to modify any render at any time.
Should i :

- Save a Scene file for each picture ( 10-20MO needed for each render )
or
- Any other way ???

Selecting a model and saving a pose is not working great for me, maybe i have to do something more cause i think that saving pose is not saving all possible aspect of a model, mostly for bones manipulation.

------------

Timeline is what i was looking for !! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
I actually save all (or most) scenes. I make folders for each set of them that are related, and for each chapter. It comes in handy.

Reactions: BergerTK17

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
save all scenes. usually 1 scene file for 1 render, unless it's animation. but save your characters as scene subsets instead of scenes with only 1 character. the difference is that while you can merge (merge is a right click option for scenes) the scene-file character into your fuck scene, it'll overwrite the render settings which resets environment lights etc. where as scene subset only loads the character.

the second you change render settings from defaults this becomes a constant pain unless you use scene subset files for everything you load into your scene. even if you delete render settings from scene files daz re-adds them on load.

the biggest ssd memory hog in your scenes will be morphs. sound's like they shouldn't be but they are. if you at any point start wondering why one character is 2MB and the other 280MB, it's probably not the skin textures but a huge amount of morphs you autoadded on every piece of clothing + hair. like the fit control morphs which are super useful.

so when your character is ready-ish, delete the unused clothing morphs. there's usually a script for that in the morph pack. and if you find you need some morph you already removed, just re-add all morphs, do your new tweaks, and delete the unused again. just remember to have the 'production version' of your character stripped from excess morphs, or you end up with like 50 renders for a scene each taking 1GB on disk. you read that right, 1GB scene files for a single render.

Last edited:

BergerTK17

Oct 1, 2017
save all scenes. usually 1 scene file for 1 render, unless it's animation. but save your characters as scene subsets instead of scenes with only 1 character. the difference is that while you can merge (merge is a right click option for scenes) the scene-file character into your fuck scene, it'll overwrite the render settings which resets environment lights etc. where as scene subset only loads the character.

the second you change render settings from defaults this becomes a constant pain unless you use scene subset files for everything you load into your scene. even if you delete render settings from scene files daz re-adds them on load.

the biggest ssd memory hog in your scenes will be morphs. sound's like they shouldn't be but they are. if you at any point start wondering why one character is 2MB and the other 280MB, it's probably not the skin textures but a huge amount of morphs you autoadded on every piece of clothing + hair. like the fit control morphs which are super useful.

so when your character is ready-ish, delete the unused clothing morphs. there's usually a script for that in the morph pack. and if you find you need some morph you already removed, just re-add all morphs, do your new tweaks, and delete the unused again. just remember to have the 'production version' of your character stripped from excess morphs, or you end up with like 50 renders for a scene each taking 1GB on disk. you read that right, 1GB scene files for a single render.
Thanks.
It"s a pretty good answer.

For now, i stil use default render setting and use basic emission to add few light when needed.
The gestion of all the different save file is not so simple on first try and being able to transfer everything i need when i want is the challenge right now :LOL:

I did'nt know i could delete extra morph on model, that make sense since i did not know what to do with the apply morph button i found :LOL:

I also use the hide button to hide clothing not in use but it make sense to remove it.

I also ended with the fact that i need a scene for each render, but i cheating a little by adding completely different static pose here and there on the timeline.
Rendering 5-10 different images with a scene file

I spend many years refusing to use DAZ for obscure reason trying to make all my render in Blender ...
After 1 week and 250 renders ... ... ... F... Blender, DAZ is a machine ...

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I spend many years refusing to use DAZ for obscure reason trying to make all my render in Blender ...
After 1 week and 250 renders ... ... ... F... Blender, DAZ is a machine ...
yeah I'm really torn with that choice as well. so many things would be so much better in blender, but then again stuff like fiddling with skin shader is just much easier in daz. I mean of course blender can do all the same things and much more, but it's a pain in the ass to set up such complex shaders when in daz they're all there the second you open program. and when I look skin videos from people who have gone really far with that in blender, the skin still looks kinda monotone in a way I'm not sure where it comes from.

Reactions: BergerTK17